Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times

Advertisements

Who cares.. my parents tried to bring me up as a Christian, but when I was about 14/15 I told them I no longer wanted anything to do with it. They are fine with it, even if they weren't, I still wouldn't follow it.

I still go to midnight mass on Christmas eve though, just because we have always done that as a tradition.. it isn't worth upsetting my family over that.. but I don't recite any of the prayers or responses to the readings.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:54 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,892 times
Your a catholic!!
My story is the same as yours. I only go at christmas..

I hate it though and count down until its done. Boring..
I hate being seen there too because then folk think i'm all holy jolly.
I don't do the reading thingys either but its the same in the anglican church aswell except more singing.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Your a catholic!!
My story is the same as yours. I only go at christmas..

I hate it though and count down until its done. Boring..
I hate being seen there too because then folk think i'm all holy jolly.

I've hated it since a child. I don't do the reading thingys either but its the same in the anglican church aswell except more singing.
I *was* a christian, protestant though, not catholic.. not that it really makes all too much difference, I guess the protestant priests aren't as bad as the catholic ones though

Don't get me wrong, I used to hate church, it was boring and depressing, I never understood why so many people went there, and the majority were older people. They were mostly very nice people though, just seemed like religion was all they had in their lives though, which is sad to see, thinking back about it.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 PM

But you said mass.

I suppose maybe they said Mass there too.. The Anglican church is no different.
The ones here would never call it mass though, over their dead bodies.

I know some people are terrible. My aunt works for the church and she goes down and locks all the doors and puts out all the celebratory paintings etc. It is quite funny as she actually takes it so seriously its mad. Idk people here just take religion way too seriously.. Its not my idea of worship its more a lifestyle.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
But you said mass.

I suppose maybe they said Mass there too.. The Anglican church is no different.
The ones here would never call it mass though, over their dead bodies.

I know some people are terrible. My aunt works for the church and she goes down and locks all the doors and puts out all the celebratory paintings etc. It is quite funny as she actually takes it so seriously its mad. Idk people here just take religion way too seriously.. Its not my idea of worship its more a lifestyle.
Lol I don't really know the correct terms, I went to a catholic school so that might be why I call it that.

I can understand people who look to religion to answer questions about the make-up of the universe and everything.. but really it just doesn't make sense and IMO science answers a lot of questions that religion cannot, with proper evidence. I think it is a waste of your short life on earth if you spend it worrying and over obsessing with religion. I'm not even going to mention 'ISIS' and their disgusting acts all apparently in the name of 'God'

Old 09-14-2014, 06:25 PM

I went to a non demo school and thank god.

Well I believe in god but I don't think that worship is necessary. To me being part of a church is like being in a cult.. I hate that the catholic church tries and tells me how to drink and how to have sex.

I don't hate them but they really sicken me sometimes. I am not gonna bother with church at all anymore. My mum keeps making me feel guilty everytime I say anything though..
Alot of people in NI use church as a community thing and also as a way of spreading hatred.. There is some very vindictive people here. Oh they are terrible.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
I don't do the reading thingys either but its the same in the anglican church aswell except more singing.
Anglican churches use most delightful music.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:28 PM

I went a few times and I enjoyed it!!
I don't like the Presbyterian church services though.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:34 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,667,286 times
Don't think I have ever stepped in a church here before. I have a few times on vacation and it was to see the historical buildings not the junk they preach/brainwash people with.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:42 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
I went a few times and I enjoyed it!!
I don't like the Presbyterian church services though.
Don't have much experience with them.

I used to be in an Episcopalian choir, their music and liturgy is unbeatable IMHO. Began fairly young and at that time I was a male soprano...hard to believe now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather