Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 10:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The truth is I am not unhappy so I make a comment about the lack of rain
I have never been this happy before and I am not that happy a person
Huckleberry, there's a happy thread for that. Scroll through the page to find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Why?
Cause I schooled him on facts he doesn't like, and gets into a trolling mood as a result

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
He is comparing NI with Guam
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I already told you why! Re-read my post!
Quote:
So.....what's your point?
Quote:
And?
Was I, now? You need to stop imagining things.

Quote:
I don't want to hear about drinking games. Thank you but respect my beliefs.
We'll respect your beliefs when you respect my legal and cultural status

Old 10-16-2014, 01:14 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Dentist appointment this morning.

They'll look inside my mouth for about 45 seconds, then tell me everything is good and to go to reception and have my pants pulled down.

If I was a lazy barsteward though, and didn't feel like working for a living, it'd be free of charge.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:18 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Huckleberry, there's a happy thread for that. Scroll through the page to find it

Cause I schooled him on facts he doesn't like, and gets into a trolling mood as a result

Was I, now? You need to stop imagining things.

We'll respect your beliefs when you respect my legal and cultural status
No you can't accept that you are from PR which is just a territory that America picked up years ago and now doesn't want but because of international law they have to 'pretend' that they want it. And lets be honest here you can say that they do want it but if they did why is it not a state? I have seen Americans on here ranting and raving about how they want rid of it (which I would or else it would have to become a state soon) and the fact that it is a money loss. Clearly the reason why it is not a state is because the state governments in the USA do not want it.
http://juliorvarela.com/2011/02/22/w...he-51st-state/

And no you will not attack Northern Ireland because we are British and we are actually a constitute country in the United Kingdom, we are NOT a territory.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:25 AM

I will happily accept them as America if they become a state but until otherwise

Old 10-16-2014, 03:43 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Not near me. The forests are all artifical.. I think there is fish imported and some deer aswell.
It is interesting to learn about the local biome..
You don't have red deer and roe deer in Ireland? I know they exist in the republic of Ireland.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
No you can't accept that you are from PR which is just a territory that America picked up years ago and now doesn't want but because of international law they have to 'pretend' that they want it. And lets be honest here you can say that they do want it but if they did why is it not a state? I have seen Americans on here ranting and raving about how they want rid of it (which I would or else it would have to become a state soon) and the fact that it is a money loss. Clearly the reason why it is not a state is because the state governments in the USA do not want it.
Why Puerto Rico Will Never Become the 51st State | Franky Benítez

And no you will not attack Northern Ireland because we are British and we are actually a constitute country in the United Kingdom, we are NOT a territory.
Puerto Rico does have a unique status. Secession from the US is basically illegal, but Puerto Rico often has referendums on its status, and one option Puerto Ricans can vote for is independence. The thing is, most Puerto Ricans do not want independence. If they ever did, I--and many Americans--would have no problem showing them the door. Puerto Rico is not (yet) fully considered an incorporated territory of the US, which would make it a fundamental part of the US. It is therefore an unincorporated possession of the US, and therefore in a sense not part of the US itself. The situation of Puerto Rico within the context of the US is quite different from that of Northern Ireland within the UK, as I understand it. Any such comparison is without merit.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You don't have red deer and roe deer in Ireland? I know they exist in the republic of Ireland.
I honestly don't know but we do have some deer

Old 10-16-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Puerto Rico does have a unique status. Secession from the US is basically illegal, but Puerto Rico often has referendums on its status, and one option Puerto Ricans can vote for is independence. The thing is, most Puerto Ricans do not want independence. If they ever did, I--and many Americans--would have no problem showing them the door. Puerto Rico is not (yet) fully considered an incorporated territory of the US, which would make it a fundamental part of the US. It is therefore an unincorporated possession of the US, and therefore in a sense not part of the US itself. The situation of Puerto Rico within the context of the US is quite different from that of Northern Ireland within the UK, as I understand it. Any such comparison is without merit.
So do you agree with me in that is shouldn't be part of america?8 it is no skin of my nose I am just thinking if it was my country I wouldn't want it due to massive cultural differences and cost.

If it was part of America it would be a state. The unbrainwashed keeps grtting uptight and trying to backlash at me by comparing UK to NI but NI is close to the Uk and we actually speak the same language and are of the same culture.. Not only that we are a constitute part of the uk. So no there is no comparison.

I personally feel like you cannot expect to get money and funding from the USA and then not pay taxes or whatever, to me you are either in or you are out. I think its about high time the question of independence is asked because the current situation is unsustainable. I can't see it working with the whole Spanish thing, America is an English country.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
So do you agree with me in that is shouldn't be part of america?8 it is no skin of my nose I am just thinking if it was my country I wouldn't want it due to massive cultural differences and cost.

If it was part of America it would be a state. The unbrainwashed keeps grtting uptight and trying to backlash at me by comparing UK to NI but NI is close to the Uk and we actually speak the same language and are of the same culture.. Not only that we are a constitute part of the uk. So no there is no comparison.

I personally feel like you cannot expect to get money and funding from the USA and then not pay taxes or whatever, to me you are either in or you are out. I think its about high time the question of independence is asked because the current situation is unsustainable. I can't see it working with the whole Spanish thing, America is an English country.
Oh the irony...

Old 10-16-2014, 06:57 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:

I support the idea of the USA as a monolingual English-speaking nation. Incorporation, or statehood, for Puerto Rico would obviously be inimical to that vision. So yes, I oppose Puerto Rican statehood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather