Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 11:22 PM

41 posts, read 32,943 times

Advertisements

Looks like Povember will start off in typical fashion. Nothing but ultra-deep fetched southerlies and lows wall-to wall on the 2-week GFS.

Chance of storms forecast tonight, but guaranteed it'll be yet another fail in the coffin for this abortion of a storm season (currently tying with 2013-14 for the title of worst storm season on record).

Last edited by Polar Front; 10-25-2014 at 11:34 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 01:04 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
I was sneezing in the night and now have a sore nose. Also woke up super super early.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:23 AM

358 posts, read 412,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I have got news for you, you are a Puerto Rican you will NEVER be British since you were not born here. Ok

And of course I wouldn't say that I know more than them. They were bloody born there. Wtf do you think I am.
It doesn"t matter where one"s born. If a foreigner travels more and you just sit on your laptop and post on forums the foreigner would know more about your country because he has traveled more than you. You have visited america like what?twice?for like 20 days? and you post as if you have known it all your life and a person living for months and years in England doesn't know anything?talk about hypocrisy

I probably have seen more of Northern Ireland in a single year than you have in your 18 years.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:32 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
I am going to bed it's too early

Old 10-26-2014, 01:58 AM

41 posts, read 32,943 times
Looks like we are just reaching our high temp now at 7pm.... currently 24C after being in the teens all day.

No sign of the predicted storms though

Old 10-26-2014, 04:43 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,573,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
From what I heard, you won't really hear the Andalusian accent in the coastal resort cities like Málaga, Fuerteventura, Marbella, etc. but inland away from the madrileños (I don't know the English word for.....Madridites....?) and European tourists.
The right word is Madrilians, though.
Anyway, I dislike those Spanish varieties spoken in Latin America.
If such important languages like both Spanish and English came from Europe, why do non-native speakers of those languages learn another varieties different from the places from those two languages are coming?

Last edited by overdrive1979; 10-26-2014 at 04:54 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It's nice to talk to people on here about non-weather related things, and I'm not as interested in talking with people on other forums because I don't really know them, and most other forums are dominated by Americans so tend to revolve around American things, whereas I can talk to other Europeans on here about things we understand. If you don't like it, just don't post - no harm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Some forums have a general chat thread for their regulars. Perhaps the unhappy and happy threads could be merged into a general chat thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
It seems too general to be in a weather forum. If it was about being happy or unhappy with the weather it would be more relevant. People moan about the rate the climate threads but at least they are about the weather. A lot of this thread seems to degenerate into arguments and childishness, the kind of thing I no longer care to be involved in so I avoid this thread a lot more now than I used to.

I'm wondering if these threads would be better off reorganized. Perhaps a new general chat thread, while the happy and unhappy threads could be left for weather only remarks. As it is now, half the time these threads have little to do with happy / unhappiness and are just general chat. And then perhaps the remaining happy/unhappy threads could be merged into a weather mood thread? Sounds a bit awkward. Thoughts?

The chat discussions are often interesting, but as said the degeneration into arguments and childleshness is a huge turn off and often overwhelms from any real conversation. A great example is right after your posts:

Unhappy Thread II

second half of the page. All the regulars know by now that responding will result in nothing but a stupid argument. Why do you keep responding? It's not worth having a general chat thread if half of it is gummed up with garbage.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Well, I don't really care either way.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:32 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Replace the happy/unhappy threads to a weather mood thread literally "The weather mood thread" and have a general discussion thread as well.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:39 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'm wondering if these threads would be better off reorganized. Perhaps a new general chat thread, while the happy and unhappy threads could be left for weather only remarks. As it is now, half the time these threads have little to do with happy / unhappiness and are just general chat. And then perhaps the remaining happy/unhappy threads could be merged into a weather mood thread? Sounds a bit awkward. Thoughts?
Sounds kind of awkward. Maybe the general chat thread could include 'weather moods', though perhaps those moods could just be discussed in the Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer threads, Weather Forecast, Temperature in Your City, etc. I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather