Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 11:38 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
America becoming less white doesn't sound all that worrisome if you're not white.
Perhaps. Whether it's in the best interests of blacks or not is not my decision. I only offered one reason I think it may be. Moreover, with a white majority, they've been given a lot in the last 50 years in terms of preferential hiring, government assistance, etc.

Every ethnic group in this country wants more of their own. Yet only whites are demonized for feeling this way, to the point that many apparently don't care.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
French language is more appealing than Spanish to me. Ironic that the place with my ideal climate also has a large presence of that.

Louisiana French - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Perhaps. Whether it's in the best interests of blacks or not is not my decision. I only offered one reason I think it may be. Moreover, with a white majority, they've been given a lot in the last 50 years in terms of preferential hiring, government assistance, etc.
Really?

Quote:
Every ethnic group in this country wants more of their own.
I don't think most care too much about things of that nature, I've never seen anyone clamoring for more/less whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc. to live in the U.S.

Quote:
Yet only whites are demonized for feeling this way, to the point that many apparently don't care.
The history between whites and other races in this country isn't too great, you have the near extermination of the indigenous population (Natives), slavery/segregation (Blacks), internment camps (Asians), etc. so that part is understandable.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Really?
African American Scholarships

Quote:
All applicants must be seeking a bachelor's or master's degree in manufacturing engineering from an ABET-accredited school. All applicants must have/and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. Preferences will be given to students demonstrating financial need, minority students and students participating in a Co-Op program.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
A Black College Student Has The Same Chances Of Getting A Job As A White High School Dropout | ThinkProgress

Old 03-20-2015, 01:02 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
Yet Japan remains Japanese. Liberia remains black. And so on and so forth. Point is, it's an engineered change. The Japanese don't have any plans to stop being Japanese anytime soon. No one in the West objects.
The Japanese of 2015 and the Japanese of 1900 are not the same.

Liberia remains culturally LIBERIAN Black means nothing especially in Africa.

Americans will remain Americans most immigrants in the West slowly assimilate into the culture only with only a bit of their homeland seeping into mainstream American culture. The culture will change but not to the point where American culture becomes unrecognisable.

The USA also isn't to be compared to the UK or any other European country where the basis of the society is ethnically English or French, Basque, Italian etc. The USA is a Country where anyone can be absorbed into the culture its much easier to be integrating there than the UK where you are seen more as ''other''

Old 03-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Today Japan is 98.5% Japanese (and a further 0.5% Korean & 0.4% Chinese).

Quote:
Liberia remains culturally LIBERIAN Black means nothing especially in Africa.
To move to Liberia & become a citizen, one must be black.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:

The USA also isn't to be compared to the UK or any other European country where the basis of the society is ethnically English or French, Basque, Italian etc. The USA is a Country where anyone can be absorbed into the culture its much easier to be integrating there than the UK where you are seen more as ''other''
Not they're not murdering and pillaging anymore, but Japan wants to remain closed off to immigration, and a supermajority of people support that view.

Exactly. This is a country that was never based on ethnic identity. In the beginnings of the US, the British settlers were the "whites" and everyone else was an "other".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
And America will still be America even if the skin color mix changes. Sure it will change somewhat, but America was very different 50 or 100 years for reasons unrelated to ethnic changes. American identity isn't tied to ethnicity, unlike some countries. As I said, immigrant children and especially grandchildren speak English and adopt most American culture. So I don't see what the issue is.
As I said, it's not really about English with snj90. It's about racial make up as well. This is the US, this isn't the White Man's land. With the natives almost gone, this should be everyone's land that can contribute.

Quote:
That's one exception, sure. It's not justifiable & the Spanish have the right to oppose it.
I never said the language itself is about to be replaced on that kind of scale. No, that's not realistic. What is realistic, however, and what is happening is the gradual ethnic replacement of the English-speaking white population. (Actually, you can include the black population in that as well. The black population has been displaced in many areas. Los Angeles is a good example. It's a wonder to me why blacks aren't more anti-immigration. I guess the idea of a political alliance with whites is too unappealing to them.)
What scientific proof can be shown? Group loyalty isn't a matter of science but a fundamental human drive. One need only look at history for proof of that.
In Europe, each country should retain its own heritage, culture, and language. In North America, I support a pan-European identity.
Regarding blacks being unopposed to mass immigration, considering that most opposition to foreign immigration in the US is really rooted in white nationalism, why should blacks care about a race of people who's numbers are decreasing in proportion to population? They're not white, why should they care?

Yes, keywords: in Europe. Look around you, this isn't Europe. This country isn't for white people only. And what about the blacks that the Brits, French, and Spanish brought over as slaves? What are you going to do with them in a country that is pan-European in identity?

Quote:
Today Japan is 98.5% Japanese (and a further 0.5% Korean & 0.4% Chinese).

That number might be inaccurate, actually. Japan doesn't classify people based on race or ethnic background, only by nationality. If you're one of those many Zainichi Koreans who have Japanese citizenship, then you're counted as one of those "98.5% Japanese" even though you were born as Kim or Park and not Abe or Miyamoto

Old 03-20-2015, 01:20 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
Japan is 98.5% Japanese (and a further 0.5% Korean & 0.4% Chinese).

I see you misunderstood me.

Japanese culture hasn't stayed static since then even without immigration to Japan, their culture has changed since then.

Please give me links to the Liberian government website to conform that - it wouldn't surprise me Liberia is a developing Country and shouldn't be compared to the richest Country on Earth.

You sound like the English people who say ''DA MUSLIMS ARE TAKING OVER'' even though they're unaware that Muslims account for less than 10% of the population. How much do Latin Americans make of the USA's population? Less than 10%? White Americans make up around 70% of the population, right? You have nothing to worry the nasty brown people won't turn your country into Somalia.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Please give me links to the Liberian government website to conform that - it wouldn't surprise me Liberia is a developing Country and shouldn't be compared to the richest Country on Earth.
By birth:
Quote:
Under the terms of Chapter 20 of the Aliens and Nationality Law (based on Article 27(b) of the Constitution), citizenship applies to any "person who is a Negro, or of Negro descent, born in Liberia and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" ...
Or to get citizenship:

Quote:
The applicant must be "a Negro or of Negro descent."
Liberian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the wealth of the country, what difference does it make? Let's say I wanted to move there for the climate. Well, I'm out of luck, then.

Quote:
You sound like the English people who say ''DA MUSLIMS ARE TAKING OVER'' even though they're unaware that Muslims account for less than 10% of the population. How much do Latin Americans make of the USA's population? Less than 10%? White Americans make up around 70% of the population, right? You have nothing to worry the nasty brown people won't turn your country into Somalia.
Whites are projected to become a minority in this country within my lifetime.

Islam is growing in Europe. It's pointless to even debate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather