Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

i got the stuff that mom needed at the store.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:28 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Front View Post
Huge cluster of thunderstorms firing in western Vic atm, heading right towards here, but will unlikely to reach us until about 3am.... never mind, I might pull a sickie. Warm aswell, 22C in the city and in some E/SE suburbs, yet some southern and bayside suburbs are only about 15C. Distinctly mild and humid when I took the garbage out before.

Some killer thunderstorm activity over Adelaide tonight, check out these pics on this forum SA - rain and storms - Sunday 26th Oct 2014 - Weatherzone Forums
Just saw the Melbourne storms on the news. Wow!

Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 AM

41 posts, read 32,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Just saw the Melbourne storms on the news. Wow!
It made the news in the UK?! Nice! I got some good lightning footage on my phone, but for some reason the video files don't appear when I connect it to the computer I'll see if I can upload some stills.

Sydney had those big storms not 2 weeks ago, I was so jealous but deep down I was thinking to my self "our turn will come, we will settle the score"... and sure enough we did

Old 10-27-2014, 04:53 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,639 times
really warm for late October

Old 10-27-2014, 05:17 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When I came back after a long stint in Puerto Rico before, I got used to the insane tropical heat and came back to PA and thought 60 degrees was absolutely freezing. Even in winter time there, with 25°C lows I wanted to wear a light jacket when the wind was blowing on the coastline at El Morro.
Yep, last night was the coldest since May here & I was freezing, even with my PJ's on, I nearly got the winter duvet out & the minimum was only 17.5C! So you can imagine how cold I was in England

Old 10-27-2014, 06:55 AM

41 posts, read 32,961 times
Some pics from last night's storm. For some bloody reason, the videos I took on my phone won't show up when connected to my computer, so best I could was take some screencaps from the vids.

This is where the S5's waterproof feature really comes in handy.. I was taping these scenes in the rain

Found this pic on the local newspaper website.... are those step leaders on the fence? If it is... well then holy **** Hope Mr Bean wasn't in his car

Last edited by Polar Front; 10-27-2014 at 07:16 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Some pics from last night's storm. For some bloody reason, the videos I took on my phone won't show up when connected to my computer, so best I could was take some screencaps from the vids.

This is where the S5's waterproof feature really comes in handy.. I was taping these scenes in the rain

Found this pic on the local newspaper website.... are those step leaders on the fence? If it is... well then holy **** Hope Mr Bean wasn't in his car

That looks amazing!

Old 10-27-2014, 07:58 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Exactly, the minimum hasn't dropped to 18C here since May lol

I think he does this to push peoples buttons. It is widespread common knowledge that a temp of 60F in Jan around here feels downright balmy, and 60F for a high in July would be freezing. I realized that in the 7th grade lol.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn noice! I haven't seen a storm like that here in a couple years!

Old 10-27-2014, 08:13 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:

Wow, I'm so jealous of you....what an awesome storm! I guess you deserve it after such a long run of boring weather, huh?

I talked with my friend in Adelaide - they had big storms there too - tremendous lighting, gully-washing rains and even some hail.

It's about time Australia had some decent weather for once!

Just boring sunny fall weather here - clear skies from sunup to sundown, day after day after day. At least winter's coming though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather