Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 03:20 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,556,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Are you going to stay in Paris indefinitely? How was Aussie?

Okay, now I feel like trolling you, so here we go:
Lol, I've been back to Nice since January thanks for making me realize I forgot to change my location.

It's supposed to get up to around 24°C tomorrow, after the past fews days which constantly failed to reach their forecast

Australia was awesome I might even move there for a while in about 6 months - long story. Sydney is one of the very few cities in the world which succeeds in having simultaneously a good climate (in my book), a high quality of life, and a solid economic activity (unlike, e.g. Nice). Not to mention how stunningly beautiful its environment is. Melbourne is more interesting and vibrant in absolute terms, but I'd rather go there for weekend breaks than live there - it would be slightly disappointing to travel the entire world to end up living in the small part of the country with a climate less enviable than that of my hometown (and the "outdoor" life can't even begin to compare to Sydney's). Brisbane was extremely disappointing. Empty, sleepy, weird town.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:39 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
On another topic, <3 DST.
Yeah! Sunset at 20:12 tomorrow \o/

Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Lol, I've been back to Nice since January thanks for making me realize I forgot to change my location.

It's supposed to get up to around 24°C tomorrow, after the past fews days which constantly failed to reach their forecast

Australia was awesome I might even move there for a while in about 6 months - long story. Sydney is one of the very few cities in the world which succeeds in having simultaneously a good climate (in my book), a high quality of life, and a solid economic activity (unlike, e.g. Nice). Not to mention how stunningly beautiful its environment is. Melbourne is more interesting and vibrant in absolute terms, but I'd rather go there for weekend breaks than live there - it would be slightly disappointing to travel the entire world to end up living in the small part of the country with a climate less enviable than that of my hometown (and the "outdoor" life can't even begin to compare to Sydney's). Brisbane was extremely disappointing. Empty, sleepy, weird town.
Glad to hear you enjoyed Australia! Lol at the part about Brisbane
I haven't even been to Sydney yet - I should go.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:31 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,727,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post

You're not working atm? You would move to Syndey for a job in finance, or something else?

Look I can still troll you. Enjoying your 16°C in Nice? Poor fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah! Sunset at 20:12 tomorrow \o/
7:56 here. Just awesome. :-)

Old 03-31-2015, 12:41 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
7:56 here. Just awesome. :-)
Thought our sunset times were decent until you Europeans switched their clocks. 7:14 here. Sunrise is 6:35 AM.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:06 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,802,394 times
soon easter, and that means loads of alcohol for me.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,802,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Remember the American teenage football sensation Freddy Adu? He has signed for Finnish team Kuopio for the season. Quite far from this:
yeah, i remember that guy. kuopio? lolz.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:29 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,556,473 times
Quote:
You're not working atm? You would move to Syndey for a job in finance, or something else?
Yup, not working atm. Had some $$ saved up and took a couple of months to enjoy life (including my Oz trip). Started applying for 6-month contracts in Nice. After that I'll probably go to Sydney but there are still a lot of variables and unknowns. I couldn't care less about working in finance, but that's what I am good at so that's what will most likely land me a job in Oz initially (and anywhere else for that matter). Over time I'll try to progressively switch to another field.

Quote:
Look I can still troll you. Enjoying your 16°C in Nice? Poor fellas.

This week's forecast has been a horrendous failure. Every day was supposed to have a max of 20-22°C, culminating with yesterday at 23-25°C, and ALL ENDED UP AT 16-18°C The worst and weirdest thing is that there was an official 23°C peak at 9pm which was PURE FANTASY in the city center (I went out to the Prom' at that time and there is absolutely no way it was warmer than 17°C).

Old 04-01-2015, 06:56 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
soon easter, and that means loads of alcohol for me.
Same here.

Easter is a fun holiday. Like Christmas, however, the hardcore Christians would have you believe the holiday were exclusively theirs & all us heathens celebrating it were out of line. That, of course, couldn't be further from the truth, since Easter is originally a pagan holiday. (The same is also true of Christmas, of course.)

So I will enjoy Easter just as a Christian would, knowing it's not their holiday to begin with. Even the English name of the holiday derives from the name of the Germanic goddess Ēostre.

Spoiler
All the traditional European deities--Germanic, Slavic, Celtic, Greco-Roman, etc.--are linked in that they derive from a Proto-Indo-European religion.

Our Slavic tradition, which includes decorating Easter eggs, goes right back to our pre-Christian pagan beliefs as well.

Egg decorating in Slavic culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Same here.

Easter is a fun holiday. Like Christmas, however, the hardcore Christians would have you believe the holiday were exclusively theirs & all us heathens celebrating it were out of line. That, of course, couldn't be further from the truth, since Easter is originally a pagan holiday. (The same is also true of Christmas, of course.)

So I will enjoy Easter just as a Christian would, knowing it's not their holiday to begin with. Even the English name of the holiday derives from the name of the Germanic goddess Ēostre.

Spoiler
All the traditional European deities--Germanic, Slavic, Celtic, Greco-Roman, etc.--are linked in that they derive from a Proto-Indo-European religion.

Our Slavic tradition, which includes decorating Easter eggs, goes right back to our pre-Christian pagan beliefs as well.

Egg decorating in Slavic culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What are your slavic origins? I'm croatian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather