Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 08:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,216,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
so far this fall has been very beautiful, ( I usually include September in Summer, but know its technically part of Fall. so September this year was 98 F, October 92 F, and so far Nov has been 80 F. high of 111 F, and low of 50 F.

* this isnt my exact locations data, but its the closest official station to me, my house is cooler in summer by day (by a degree or two) and much warmer by night, October looks the same, and Nov we are warmer by day and night. Winter months we are much warmer, spring we are the same, so this fall my guesses at my house would be Sep - Nov (97 F, 90 F, 85 F (so far of Nov)) and high of 110 F, and low of 53 F.

SAN GABRIEL CANYON PH, CALIFORNIA - Climate Summary

^^^ Azusa, CA ^^^

Overall this fall has contributed to a beautiful year weather wise (with the exception of no rain), with 89 F/60 F high/low so far.

same with the past 3 years averaging 84/56
Thanks for posting your location, it's a bit easier to understand your weather posts. Impressed at your lowest temperature of the year, only 43°F. Seems rather prone to hot days, but wetter than most of Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,461,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Thanks for posting your location, it's a bit easier to understand your weather posts. Impressed at your lowest temperature of the year, only 43°F. Seems rather prone to hot days, but wetter than most of Los Angeles.
No problem.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:49 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,157,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
This has been an abnormally warm year and 43 F was only the minimum so far in 2014. We are likely to get colder air in late December so I doubt it will hold and I think the station will see mid to upper 30s before the year is over. It seems the the lowest temperature of 2013 was 32 F so it's not even freeze-proof!

Old 11-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
This has been an abnormally warm year and 43 F was only the minimum so far in 2014. We are likely to get colder air in late December so I doubt it will hold and I think the station will see mid to upper 30s before the year is over. It seems the the lowest temperature of 2013 was 32 F so it's not even freeze-proof!
January of last year was an abnormally cold month. i think this year it will be the low, if the 43 F mark is broken it will be in Feb of next year, my guesses.

yeah its not freeze proof, but my location is...

Old 11-09-2014, 11:57 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,157,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
January of last year was an abnormally cold month. i think this year it will be the low, if the 43 F mark is broken it will be in Feb of next year, my guesses.

yeah its not freeze proof, but my location is...
I doubt it's truly freeze-proof. The only locations in the L.A metro area that have never recorded a freeze are on the immediate coast. Based on your summer temperatures, you're pretty far inland so I'm sure the location has recorded a freeze before even if not in the recent years. I'm even willing to bet that snow flurries have been recorded there.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
I doubt it's truly freeze-proof. The only locations in the L.A metro area that have never recorded a freeze are on the immediate coast. Based on your summer temperatures, you're pretty far inland so I'm sure the location has recorded a freeze before even if not in the recent years. I'm even willing to bet that snow flurries have been recorded there.
im in Avocado heights, which is much warmer at night and day in winter than Azusa, and slightly cooler in the day in summer.

Azusa is more than double my elevation, we are directly sheilded by rose hills, and azusa gets sweeping winds down the San Gabriel mountains that drop temps.

maybe not entirely freeze proof but damn close to it.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:00 AM

29,405 posts, read 19,492,383 times
Basically autumn ends today and winter will start tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:12 AM

83,321 posts, read 74,639,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Basically autumn ends today and winter will start tomorrow.
For us here it ends Wednesday.

We will struggle to get out of the 30s Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. That's like normal end of December/February max temps.

Good time to check or do maintenance on your boilers next couple warm days.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:46 AM

83,321 posts, read 74,639,329 times
So Miami Florida only has had 6 days where the max temp was above normal since mid October. obviously below normal still means upper 70s/low 80s but still, compared to normal only 6 of 26 days been above.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,416,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
We will struggle to get out of the 30s Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Don't you want that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
So Miami Florida only has had 6 days where the max temp was above normal since mid October. obviously below normal still means upper 70s/low 80s but still, compared to normal only 6 of 26 days been above.
Haha yeah it sounds like a bigger deal than it is, even with that I don't think they've had a high below 70F yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather