Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,276,250 times

Advertisements

The first day back to school after Christmas break always tends to be significantly cooler than the day before. So I predict that a cold front will get here Monday night/Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:25 AM

29,510 posts, read 19,610,114 times
https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/s...38738645528576

Old 12-29-2014, 08:29 AM

December very mild in CONUS to date

CFSv2 forecast showing a complete 180 degree change over Canada as the forecast is now much colder in through the US

https://twitter.com/WSI_Energy/statu...76348797505537

Old 12-29-2014, 08:53 AM

2,467 posts, read 2,620,787 times
0ºC and snowing in northern Algeria, close to the sea, below 1000 meters

Meteociel - Observations Medea ( Algeria ) - donnes mto de la station - Tableaux horaires en temps réel

Old 12-29-2014, 09:04 AM

464 posts, read 451,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I stopped listening to JB long ago. He hypes things for views and usually gets his predictions wrong. Did we have a growing season last year? Did we have a cold Christmas east coasters and midwesterners? I do believe we'll get a pretty good shot of cold air after the Jan 3-5 system, but it's only going to last a few days to a week before mild weather ensues (again).. awfully mild winter. I don't like it cold but I would like some lasting snow.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCounty View Post
I stopped listening to JB long ago. He hypes things for views and usually gets his predictions wrong. Did we have a growing season last year? Did we have a cold Christmas east coasters and midwesterners? I do believe we'll get a pretty good shot of cold air after the Jan 3-5 system, but it's only going to last a few days to a week before mild weather ensues (again).. awfully mild winter. I don't like it cold but I would like some lasting snow.
He was wrong about December. Well, he began to back away from his below average December by mid November. Though JB's forecasts were right about our autumn, summer and spring this year, and of course last winter too.
He definitely hypes things.

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/s...67538292101120

Old 12-29-2014, 11:29 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah, latest GFS looks like the main system tracks towards the lakes then transfers energy to a coastal storm off NH/ Maine.

Damn i miss the transfers south of me. We need those transfers in the northern Mid Atlantic, not new england for snow around here.. Doesn't look like it will happen this season. These Lake cutters are killing me.

Well Gee. I think the upgraded GFS saw my post! LOL!!!

It's new update shows Monday morning Big High over Quebec, cold and dry in New England. Storm coming from Gulf but stops over the Tennessee Valley and transfers energy to a coastal storm off North Carolina coast.

THIS IS WHATS NEEDED FOR SNOW HERE! So nice to see at least one friggin solution like this. Gees.

Instead of the front pushing north with a storm moving to Great Lakes, it holds south of here as the storm exits in the Mid Atlantic. That means any moisture falling will be falling into cold air thanks to that blocking High in Quebec!

Other models have different opinions of course.

Then you can see Monday afternoon storm is off the coast and the 850mb freezing line didn't move north much so any precip is snow north of Philly/South NJ.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:54 PM

And now the latest Euro... excited to show this... Wanna see what a storm not cutting to Great Lakes from south does?

Latest Update for Sunday 7pm Jan 4th showing a clipper type storm coming down the chute. Energy entering Montana here. Cool and clear for Ohio Valley and Northeast at this point.

By Tuesday afternoon (next week) the clipper is over the Great Lakes as a 1004mb low producing a snowstorm for Upper Midwest. Keep an eye on that crucial 540 dotted blue line (rain/snow line). As moisture comes in we are still in the cold sector. So it would be snowing Tuesday evening in New England and the storm is gaining strength! Everyone around the storm in the snow zone. Front sits "south of us". (DOES NOT GET PUSHED NORTH as a Great Lakes Storm track would do)

By Wednesday morning, BOOM. 988mb low over southern Maine, everyone in the cold and cold enough for snow. Snowstorm New England Tuesday evening to Wed evening. Very cold here and storm basically strengthens over New England as it moves across.

Who wants this solution to be right? COME ON EURO!

Over a foot NH/Maine. 3-10" NYC northward

Old 12-29-2014, 01:06 PM

3pm our time.. Im once again in the mid 40s.. With the sun it still feels like spring!

Feels like 80s central Florida southwards & sub zero Nebraska northwards.

Temps on left, feels like on right.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Over a foot NH/Maine. 3-10" NYC northward
And jack **** for us

And actually we may get 2 weeks of cold weather here (minus the snow damn it), but a La Nina set up might be taking place in the atmosphere which Andrew says it may kill any chance of long duration cold for eastern 2/3rds

The Weather Centre: January Long-Range Outlook: La Nina Pattern Expected to Dominate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather