Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:33 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,392,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
This would've been the most comfortable temperature to play.
Depends which team I guess

I always found when I was playing that 15C and cloudy with no rain was the best conditions.. October, March and April were always the best times to play football. 20C is still OK but if it is sunny you will still heat up more than if it was cooler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 AM

841 posts, read 3,058,323 times
Thanks to all for your comments.

I'm doing one with South Africa 2010. Perhaps I'll post it some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
Cooling break after 30th and 75th minute during the match was memorable
Both teams were exhausted and almost had a serious heat stroke just watching there.

Holland and Mexico have first drinks break of World Cup 2014 in 39-degree heat and fans retreat from the stands | Mail Online
It’s so hot in Brazil that Mexico and the Netherlands took a cooling break | For The Win
Interesting. The articles talk about 39°C, but I guess they're referring to the heat index. Otherwise, Fortaleza would've broken its record high for June by about 5 degrees Celsius.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:38 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,407,590 times
Cool! I Barely watched any of it, so I like the recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium
I wonder if they regret having it there or there were enough complaints about it. At least they were having water breaks during the game.
Not nearly as much regret as they'll have when/if they go ahead with plans and play it in Qatar in summer 2022. Talk about the kind of corruption that allowed for that to happen. They said they would air condition the stadiums, but my understanding is it's not feasible and was scrapped after they won the bid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather