Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:24 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We just came out of the deepfreeze and are having very tolerable days. I believe we're supposed to hit the low 40s today, which is actually above average for us. It's quite a change since we were 10 to 20 degrees below average for several days there. I'm just not ready to go back to more cold.

It just seems unfair that we can't distribute it more evenly. I know there are a few of you who would like to have some of this coldness and I would gladly share.
Yes Jammie, please send some cold air my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
Yes Jammie, please send some cold air my way.
Right now I don't have a LOT to spare. It didn't even get down to freezing here last night. Well, I could send you 20 degrees of cool air right now.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,412 times
Our low was 57 this morning. 31 degrees above average. 31 below average would be -5. This has to be close to a record high low temperature for January. I wore short sleeves and no jacket outside at sunrise, absolutely ridiculous. Take your warm weather and run with it, the warmer it gets now the colder it will get later

Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times
I predict a strong arctic cold front for February

Old 01-07-2008, 10:51 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Our low was 57 this morning. 31 degrees above average. 31 below average would be -5. This has to be close to a record high low temperature for January. I wore short sleeves and no jacket outside at sunrise, absolutely ridiculous. Take your warm weather and run with it, the warmer it gets now the colder it will get later
TWC said you broke a record yesterday by hitting 75 degrees!!! That is fantastic!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:15 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
TWC said you broke a record yesterday by hitting 75 degrees!!! That is fantastic!
It sounds nice, but it would trick the trees and plants

Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM

3,509 posts, read 9,421,275 times
Syracuse, NY broke a record today reaching 64 degrees. Many people in the area went golfing today!

The forecast for tomorrow is in the upper 60s. The golfers they interviewed on the local news said they enjoyed the sunny mild weather so much today that they plan on golfing again on Tuesday!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
It sounds nice, but it would trick the trees and plants
It is, dandilions popped up in our backyard today. This isn't winter! Temperatures for highs and lows 30 degrees above average the last 3 days

Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,012 times
As with any arctic blast I seem to forewarn y'all with, this one is no different in the sense that it is looking nowhere near as strong as it was looking before. Rather than a blast, it is more of a transition back to winter, albeit much cooler than it was the past couple of days across the eastern two-thirds of the nation.

There were plenty of indicators before that pointed to a sharp drastic change back to winter both continentally, and internationally with some of the teleconnections. That has since changed and virtually reversed. So the good news with this is that we will not freeze much more than we expect to during the winter time.

Over the next couple of weeks expect a series of systems to sweep across the nation back to back to back as we're in a very accelerated pattern with storm after storm after storm. Much of these storms this week will follow the same track either coming from the pacific, or originating in the gulf and heading northeast.

However by next weeks, the systems may originate a bit further north (that transition back to winter I was talking about).

As you know, and I also know (the hard way), mother nature is very dynamic and has plenty of tricks hidden up her sleeve. I'll keep trying to do my best and go and try to peek under there and share her secrets

Old 01-09-2008, 05:07 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
As with any arctic blast I seem to forewarn y'all with, this one is no different in the sense that it is looking nowhere near as strong as it was looking before. Rather than a blast, it is more of a transition back to winter, albeit much cooler than it was the past couple of days across the eastern two-thirds of the nation.

There were plenty of indicators before that pointed to a sharp drastic change back to winter both continentally, and internationally with some of the teleconnections. That has since changed and virtually reversed. So the good news with this is that we will not freeze much more than we expect to during the winter time.

Over the next couple of weeks expect a series of systems to sweep across the nation back to back to back as we're in a very accelerated pattern with storm after storm after storm. Much of these storms this week will follow the same track either coming from the pacific, or originating in the gulf and heading northeast.

However by next weeks, the systems may originate a bit further north (that transition back to winter I was talking about).

As you know, and I also know (the hard way), mother nature is very dynamic and has plenty of tricks hidden up her sleeve. I'll keep trying to do my best and go and try to peek under there and share her secrets
All 15-day foreacasts for my area are predicting a HUGE arctic blast with highs in the 30s and lows in the mid-to upper teens within the next 15 days froom about January21-January 24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather