Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 07:12 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
yesterday was nice it got up to 98 and was humid especially in the later parts of the day. it was also the first day of Ramadan and as we broke our fast a thunderstorm fired up and the thunderstorms didn't stop till midnight so we picked up I believe more than half an inch of rain which is good. this summer has been pretty nice so far. anyways will this heat make its way up north anytime soon to at least nyc and boston? because it seems the only place that's getting above normal summer weather is the southeast right now.
We got well above normal weather in May, but we shifted to a coolish pattern this June. Unless the shape of the ridge over the southeast expands a lot, we'll be stuck in a cool pattern. Nowhere near record breaking, just below average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 AM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Everything is nice and lush green now around here. All this rain has helped. Rained again last night. I dislike dry summers.
Interesting...Aren't you a heat lover? There's more chances of real heat with a drier pattern. Then again, Philly has 22 days of 85° or warmer Only 3 here!

Makes sense as the cloud border was somewhere in between most of the time and the top of the ridge was closer to you.

Speaking of interesting... Look whats happening to the core of the ridge for now... It's weakened and pushed off South Carolina shore.. Guess who to thank for that. Bill. Tropical storm is forcing the atmosphere south there. Notice the 588DAM line pushed south more. That was over DC couple days ago. It will still be HOT but should be couple degrees cooler..(90s)

So there's your answer for 1 thing that can give some breaks in SouthEast.. Tropical storm that moves across the TN/OH valley.

Once Bill is gone... the muscles flex again and that Ridge pops back into the U.S

I see the SouthWest has a huge hot ridge as well. That's why I saw 90s/100s out there too.

Also interesting... Polar Vortex NE of Hudson Bay. Hope it stays on this side of the hemisphere forever. lol

Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
https://twitter.com/mjventrice/statu...90855478194177

Old 06-19-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Too hot to go for a run?:

Mostly Cloudy
90°F
32°C
Humidity 56%
Wind Speed E 14 mph
Dewpoint 72°F (22°C)
Heat Index 98°F (37°C)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You were right, way too hot for a run
I just went for a run and it wasn't great.

69°F
21°C
Humidity 82%
Wind Speed SW 5 mph
Dewpoint 66°F (19°C)

Dews is what made it horrible. No fresh air around to capture when needed. Just too muggy. Forgot to bring a small towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I went on my first run in years, maybe 7 years. Ran 3 miles. Muscles were sore in places that didn't hurt normally, forgot how hard running is.
Its tough but you start to get used to it the more u do it.

I took a week off for first time since April (thanks to poison ivy), usually I do every other day at least.... ..I was fatigued with slight hamstring sore after the 2nd mile. Did 3 miles in 30 minutes. Not my best time at all also thanks to the mugginess.. Ugh.. Can't wait for fall.

Here's a screen shot of the run with the RunKeeper App. You can see the ups and down with the little hills but notice just before the 2nd mile I was starting to feel it.. Had to walk for 1/4 mile then started jogging again. But from start to about 2 miles my pace was under 10 minutes a mile. (still not my best)

Last edited by Cambium; 06-19-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 10:18 AM

Nice Satellite shot with the remnants of Tropical Storm Bill over the Ozarks.. 12pmEDT June 19, 2015

Actually looking pretty and if you play the loop, the spin makes it even prettier.

Clouds just entered Chicago area. Dew point now 68° here feeling very tropical with its feed.

GOES Project Science

Latest Satellite Imagery

Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
I got home yesterday.. 97 degrees INSIDE the house.

Fire ants got into the AC unit again and swarmed the contactor.. Got the carcasses cleared out and got the unit running.. Heading out to pick up a new contactor today, because it was rather carbonized and won't last a whole lot longer.

And, apparently the heat is affecting the animal population.. I had a deer run into my truck this AM.. Let me stress this.. The deer ran into my truck. Have a nice dent right behind the drivers side door. Apparently the deer was suicidal from the heat.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 AM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
Do I see an area of 80 degree dew points around St Louis, and Southwestern Illinois?!

https://twitter.com/mjventrice/statu...99720282320896

Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,918,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Interesting...Aren't you a heat lover? There's more chances of real heat with a drier pattern. Then again, Philly has 22 days of 85° or warmer Only 3 here!

No, believe it or not I'm more a lover of "average" conditions all year round. I know you hate that, but I love stable average temps with little variation from the average.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 AM

1pm temps in the area. Dew points in the 60s. (67F at Bridgeport, 66.5F here now).

The fuzzy streak of clouds you see on the map are low clouds. The base is at about 2000 feet here. Looking dreary once again. Had sun for literally 10 minutes before. lol

Old 06-19-2015, 11:57 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I got home yesterday.. 97 degrees INSIDE the house.

Fire ants got into the AC unit again and swarmed the contactor.. Got the carcasses cleared out and got the unit running.. Heading out to pick up a new contactor today, because it was rather carbonized and won't last a whole lot longer.

And, apparently the heat is affecting the animal population.. I had a deer run into my truck this AM.. Let me stress this.. The deer ran into my truck. Have a nice dent right behind the drivers side door. Apparently the deer was suicidal from the heat.
Oh man, the house must have felt like an oven. How long did it take to cool down to a comfortable temp?

I don't blame the deer for being suicidal - I'd be feeling the same way if I had to live out in the woods with no AC in this kind of heat...lol. Hopefully it'll be reincarnated up north somewhere, where the climate is a bit kinder. Bummer about your truck, though. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather