Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 01:03 PM

719 posts, read 614,949 times

Advertisements

This is the worst i've seen the smoke in years. There's a haze when you look about 20 feet in front of you and you can't even see the mountains at all. My asthma isn't liking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 02:33 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,562,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Just heard thunder. Second storm of the day, albeit weak like the first one. It's already quite dark before 8 pm. No doubt, summer is on its way out. [/url]
Daylight wise perhaps, though sunset time is still less than 1 hour earlier than the latest sunset. The strong cloud cover made it look that way. Weather wise, you're very unlikely to see any significant change before at least late September

Sydney's sun times look like they will be quite heavily skewed towards the morning when I get there. September 21, borderline astronomical winter, has sunrise times already as early as Paris' latest, in June, at 48°N

Old 08-23-2015, 03:31 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
Make it three. Heard thunder a few minutes ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Daylight wise perhaps, though sunset time is still less than 1 hour earlier than the latest sunset. The strong cloud cover made it look that way. Weather wise, you're very unlikely to see any significant change before at least late September
Yeah I remember the blast of warm, somewhat humid air getting off the plane from Paris last September, so yes, the warm season is definitely not over. Sure, the cloudy weather didn't help, but as it's usually cloudless in summer, having to switch on the lights before 8 am was a first for me since at least May I reckon. Plus, walking down my street, the smell reminded me of last November. And those puddles... Boke.

Quote:
Sydney's sun times look like they will be quite heavily skewed towards the morning when I get there. September 21, borderline astronomical winter, has sunrise times already as early as Paris' latest, in June, at 48°N
That sucks. Early morning sunshine is completely unnecessary. Hell, it's actually a nuisance.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:47 PM

2,672 posts, read 3,183,725 times
Quote:
Just heard thunder. Second storm of the day, albeit weak like the first one. It's already quite dark before 8 pm. No doubt, summer is on its way out.

Nice storm cloud shot from Provence:
L'arrivée de l'orage sur Aix | Photolive, toutes les photos météo en temps réel - Infoclimat
Have you checked out what happened in Languedoc this afternoon? Now I think it's Liguria's round.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:48 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,562,736 times
Quote:
Make it three. Heard thunder a few minutes ago.

Yeah I remember the blast of warm, somewhat humid air getting off the plane from Paris last September, so yes, the warm season is definitely not over. Sure, the cloudy weather didn't help, but as it's usually cloudless in summer, having to switch on the lights before 8 am was a first for me since at least May I reckon. Plus, walking down my street, the smell reminded me of last November. And those puddles... Boke.
TL;DR: Parisian gets SAD after one cloudy day in Nice. Congratulations, you've officially passed the point of no return in being impossibly demanding and spoiled in terms of good summer weather

Quote:
That sucks. Early morning sunshine is completely unnecessary. Hell, it's actually a nuisance.
Before 6.30am yeah it's seldom useful. The good point is that their latest winter sunrise is 7am though. No waking up in pitch darkness like in Paris or even Nice. I've noticed Australians tend to live on an earlier schedule than in France too (dinner, clubbing, etc.)

Old 08-23-2015, 03:50 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
Really I found late autumn depressing here. But it might not be 100% weather-related, ditto for today.

And I enjoy morning darkness. Another reason to prefer Melbourne over Sydney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar89 View Post
Have you checked out what happened in Languedoc this afternoon? Now I think it's Liguria's round.
Wow. 164 mm, from which 64 mm fell in half an hour:
Meteociel - Observations Montpellier (34) - donnes mto de la station - Tableaux horaires en temps réel

The great Montpellier flooding is starting earlier than last year. I see that there have been 3 fatalities.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:58 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
https://twitter.com/ericfisher/statu...65161403670528

Old 08-23-2015, 04:01 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,215,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Bring some of that to California please.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
High was 95 F at ORL today

Old 08-23-2015, 07:16 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
High was 95 F at ORL today
Nice storm going through the west side of town, probably will miss you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather