Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Would You Rate the Climate of Snowy Spring, Nuthera?
A 2 11.76%
B 1 5.88%
C 1 5.88%
D 3 17.65%
E 2 11.76%
F 5 29.41%
Z 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,773,644 times

Advertisements

Snowy Spring Is a Incredible Climate on the planet Nuthera. Snowy Spring has a Climate that I assure you has NOT been overdone on these forums and I seriously doubt anyone one here has even dreamt up prior to today!
Nuthera is a planet with a jet-stream over 10x stronger than our jet stream on earth. On one side of the jet stream is a frigid, dry neverending wasteland. On the other is a Scorching hot desert. The only moisture on the planet flows along the northern and southern hemisphere jet-stream. The northern jet stream (the one concerning Snowy Spring alternates between 55N and 45N over the course on the year. This latitude range is the only fertile and wet area on the planet. At approximately 51 degrees north (the latitude of snowy spring) the jet stream briefly stalls for about two months in the spring and one in the fall. It is during this time period that Snowy Spring earns its namesake. I will continue to create fictional climates for this Imaginary planet and may post fictional forecasts for Snowy Spring on this thread!

So...would you like to live in/vacation to Snowy Spring?

Please rate above and discuss the climate and my possible oversights in creating it below!
Attached Thumbnails
Please Rate The Incredible Climate of Snowy Spring, Nuthera-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:35 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,276,250 times
E. Way too cold for way too long. Of course there is more to this terrible climate. It's also miserably wet and gloomy.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
E. Way too cold for way too long. Of course there is more to this terrible climate. It's also miserably wet and gloomy.
But would you want to VISIT there?

Old 03-31-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
But would you want to VISIT there?
Only if there is something geographically or botanically interesting about the place. I wouldn't visit it just for its rubbish climate.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:46 PM

633 posts, read 661,436 times
this is really imaginative...

how can the average high in november be the record low in october?

literally an overnight seasonal change starting exactly on november 1st

Old 03-31-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Only if there is something geographically or botanically interesting about the place. I wouldn't visit it just for its rubbish climate.
Located In Snowy Spring is an incredible mountain Ski Resort famous for its summer skiing where you can experience skiing with 85F highs, 65F lows, a summery breeze and over 100 ft of fresh snow! You can also experience the snowiest month imaginable with over 500in of powder fallong in the month of May alone!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goosenseresworthie View Post
this is really imaginative...

how can the average high in november be the record low in october?

literally an overnight seasonal change starting exactly on november 1st
The temperature gradient descends so steeply that while teh daily average on November 1st is 51/66 (not far from that of october it descends so rapidly (to below 0F at the end of the month) that the averages are what they are.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Located In Snowy Spring is an incredible mountain Ski Resort famous for its summer skiing where you can experience skiing with 85F highs, 65F lows, a summery breeze and over 100 ft of fresh snow! You can also experience the snowiest month imaginable with over 500in of powder fallong in the month of May alone!
I wouldn't bet on that. While I have no experience with skiing, I can imagine skiing quality would be poor with melting snow.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:57 PM

633 posts, read 661,436 times
Quote:
The temperature gradient descends so steeply that while teh daily average on November 1st is 51/66 (not far from that of october it descends so rapidly (to below 0F at the end of the month) that the averages are what they are.
true but with november's record low being december's average high as well, its a bit too much of a coincidence and gives the feeling that the steep changes in the season happen at the beginning of each month

EDIT: forgot to mention, would love to go skiing in the epic snow in early june and then go white water rafting in the violent rivers that form from the melting snow in late july...

just my taste but i see no reason to have siberia for 4 months of the year so i can't give it more than a D+. once temperatures go into the -40 range its dangerous to be outside even with layers... and my idea of a perfect winter isn't to be so layered up that i can barely move my legs and have to waddle around everywhere...

Last edited by Sir Goosenseresworthie; 03-31-2015 at 08:14 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on that. While I have no experience with skiing, I can imagine skiing quality would be poor with melting snow.
It would definately not be the best but would not be hideous either (I just returned from a ski trip in colorado with temps in the 60s and the snow was fine ) as well as the fact that the temperature at exactly ground level would be much lower in Snowy Spring due to the incredibly deep snow cover that it would be at 20ft elevation over a cleared area(where the temperature observations are made). I would guess that if you took readings a few inches from the snow pack tenps would not climb above the 50sF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather