Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 05:55 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Here's drought monitor's image for the Northeast. Dry most places, though nothing extreme. Drought index is calculated on Tuesday, posted on Thursday. Will repost the Thursday after next.

Regional Drought Monitor

Yellow is abnormally dry; the light brown is moderate drought.
Remember what I always said? Everyone always says "Where is the rain, we need it!" After and before they say "enough with the rains, too much!". Time and time again in my years of following. Thats why I never worry about droughts in our area

With that said... anyone got a calculator? Im on the phone and lazy.. GFS new update (4 times a day it runs)...

Notice the pressure and the amount of rains Wednesday to Sunday. Each row is a 6hr precip amount.

Anyone want to total it up? Been a while since I seen this!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 05:59 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Remember what I always said? Everyone always says "Where is the rain, we need it!" After and before they say "enough with the rains, too much!". Time and time again in my years of following. Thats why I never worry about droughts in our area

With that said... anyone got a calculator? Im on the phone and lazy.. GFS new update (4 times a day it runs)...

Notice the pressure and the amount of rains Wednesday to Sunday. Each row is a 6hr precip amount.

Anyone want to total it up? Been a while since I seen this!
10.86 inches

Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
The forecast looks disgusting, I don't think I've ever seen so many back to back days of rain and clouds in a forecast here. I doubt it will completely verify, but still, wtf.

That Tropical Storm has my attention though.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
10.86 inches
Ouch. I felt too lazy to add it up.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:30 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Nothing special for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS Louisville
Precip amounts will be limited a bit by weak forcing while the deepest moisture is available, so average QPF over the next couple days is generally around a half inch, with south-central Kentucky pushing three quarters of an inch. Local amounts of an inch or more are not out of the question, but given recent dry conditions most streams can take plenty of water.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:30 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,353,919 times
I heard thunder for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. Some thunderstorms to my SE might move this way.

There was brief light rainfall around noon today. High reached 84F which is the average high for today's date.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:07 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
10.86 inches
Thanks. Nuts. So more than 2 months worth in 5 days time. IF the tropical system doesn't affect us, that number would be reduced to half or more. And even IF the tropical system does affect us, this number might not be what will happen. Gets its model watching time.

Wish this was happening instead....

https://twitter.com/NWSGrandForks/st...85253867683840

Old 09-28-2015, 07:12 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
From weather underground's Jeff Master's / Bob Henson's blog:

The depression is over very warm sea-surface temperatures of around 30°C (86°F), about 1°C above average. As TD 11 moves slowly northwest over the next 2-3 days, it will remain over quite warm SSTs, but wind shear will remain on the strong side, denting TD 11’s potential for growth. Dynamical models are in general agreement in bringing TD 11 to tropical storm strength over the next several days. The high-resolution HWRF model is particularly bullish, with its 00Z and 06Z runs bringing TD 11 to hurricane status by later this week... The best global models are typically more reliable than the high-resolution mesoscale models beyond about 2-3 days, but the newly upgraded HWRF has demonstrated impressive skill on several storms this year.

Posted at noontime today our time.

Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog : Dujuan Slams into Taiwan; TD 11 Forms in Northwest Atlantic | Weather Underground

Old 09-28-2015, 07:25 PM

29,529 posts, read 19,620,154 times
A drenching to say the least

Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I don't know about that. I think El Nino has the Blob's number this winter....

Last seven day change.... Cooling Pacific and warming North Atlantic. May change winter forecast if this keeps up

Big time heavy rain for the Northeast

By the looks of the long range models.... Possibly last 80 degree temp of the year today....

I have forgotten what rain is like. Frankly, I am looking forward to it. I'd like us to get a decent amount. I hope we don't have another dry summer like this in years. I've grown to really dislike El Nino. Every season it mucks things up. This summer was bone dry and thunderstorm free. My plants look like hell after last winter and then this bone dry summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather