Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 08:40 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Jet stream digging towards Mexico again next week. More cold and snow for Western states.

Million dollar question, will it flip around for winter and why? Tired of seeing the SW flow now. Come on
It depends on how much cold air with higher pressures build off to the north to force jet stream south over the US to slow down the Pacific storm parade. It will be a battle for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 PM

5,036 posts, read 4,350,891 times
Quote:
Jet stream digging towards Mexico again next week. More cold and snow for Western states.

Million dollar question, will it flip around for winter and why? Tired of seeing the SW flow now. Come on
Stormy for the boundary between the warm and cold air. Maybe some potential for severe storms next week.

Also some very high rainfall totals for the Pacific NW over the next 7 days.

Attached Thumbnails
Autumn/Fall 2015 Thread (Northern Hemisphere, Sep-Nov)-p168i-8-.gif  

Old 11-12-2015, 12:33 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,275,292 times
Wow, just had a look out the window and it's foggy as hell. Airport reporting 0.75 mile visibility, but it's looks thicker than that. Cool seeing it roll by the window. I can't even see the top of the apartment building across from mine.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 AM

83,498 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlex View Post
Stormy for the boundary between the warm and cold air. Maybe some potential for severe storms next week.
Yup.. not sure about the severe storms, probably, but reason why its wet... take a look .... Something we were talking about A LOT over the summer and drought periods and wondering where it was.

El Nino, Sub Tropical Jet stream. It's one of the main reasons the Eastern U.S is above normal.
It's strong and there's too much Pacific air flowing with it!

But we saw what happens when it meets with the northern Jet.. Big storm just happened. Not widespread snow because the Sub Jet is still dominant.

I and maybe others underestimated its strength but with one of the strongest El Ninos and warm Pacific regions we should of figured.

Water Vapor Loop

WV Still Image

Old 11-12-2015, 05:12 AM

Coldest air of the season is ....................... NOT COMING. Not in the next 2 weeks still according to latest

Same crap continues.

Every time I look, it's the same crap images.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlex View Post
Maybe some potential for severe storms next week.
I'm not a big severe weather guy, could care one fraction for it, But one ingredient you can look at is the low level jet. (925 or 850mb winds)

Here's the latest GFS for next week Tuesday 7pm. VERY strong winds at 850mb in areas of pink. Chances for wind damage and severe storms and maybe Tornado spin ups

TwisterData.com | GFS 850 MB WSPD Forecast

Old 11-12-2015, 05:22 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,772,648 times
Quote:
Coldest air of the season is ....................... NOT COMING. Not in the next 2 weeks still according to latest

Same crap continues.

Every time I look, it's the same crap images.
**** you. Pisses me the **** off everytime I hear someone up north complaining about how dreadful their 30's, 40's, 50's 60's are.I haven't seen below 70F sonce may and we're over a week past the time where we should already have seen 50's. The only people who have a right to complain about "heat" are people in places where it's actually hot. I woke up to a sticky 74F this morning. Please stop moaning about your "crap" weather because it's not snowing.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,900 times
Quote:
I'm not a big severe weather guy, could care one fraction for it, But one ingredient you can look at is the low level jet. (925 or 850mb winds)

Here's the latest GFS for next week Tuesday 7pm. VERY strong winds at 850mb in areas of pink. Chances for wind damage and severe storms and maybe Tornado spin ups

TwisterData.com | GFS 850 MB WSPD Forecast
Any hope of that lovely pink moving over Georgia? If it's gonna be warm, I want some hard-core severe weather.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:33 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
**** you. Pisses me the **** off everytime I hear someone up north complaining about how dreadful their 30's, 40's, 50's 60's are.I haven't seen below 70F sonce may and we're over a week past the time where we should already have seen 50's. The only people who have a right to complain about "heat" are people in places where it's actually hot. I woke up to a sticky 74F this morning. Please stop moaning about your "crap" weather because it's not snowing.
It all has to do with normals. If it's 10, 15, 20 degrees above normal in a particular location, then cold lovers have every right to complain. And if this pattern doesn't break down in a few weeks, then we're cutting into the winter season, which is way too short as it is.

Trust me, you're gonna hearing it from me (loud and clear) when it's 60 degrees in Syracuse in the middle of December, when I'm dying for some S-N-O-W.

As for me, this is the one time of the year when I really don't mind above-normal weather - but it'd sure be nice if we could get a bonus of some severe to go with it. Keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
lol. yeah, sorry to hear what you're going through but without getting into the "departure" thing or what we're accustom to here, it's also a preference thing. While you wouldn't mind seeing 60s, I prefer to see 30s during the day and that's not far from normal here end of Mid-End of November.

Now, as far as details.. November hasn't been this hot since 1994. It's the 3rd warmest on record for Nov 1-11 period. So there's every right to complain. We are complaining for the same reasons, just different locations with different normals & preferences..

Bridgeport 3rd Warmest.
Hartford 5th warmest.
Boston 4th warmest.

Don't forget... this is after the warmest September on record. You're lucky I'm not complaining more. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather