Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why is your English notoriously bad for a Swedish person?

As April is April in Swedish, it sounds very odd that you wrote it "Aprile". Hmm...
Seems like other English writing I've seen by Swedes:

Quote:
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes. The wøndërful telephøne system. And mäni interesting furry animals. Including the majestic møøse. A møøse once bit my sister…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,585,975 times
The only places vaguely like Uppsala in Australia are in the Australian Alps.

Thredbo, New South Wales Climate

Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
seems like other english writing i've seen by swedes:
Quote:
wi nøt trei a høliday in sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes. The wøndërful telephøne system. And mäni interesting furry animals. Including the majestic møøse. A møøse once bit my sister…
One of the finest opening credits in movie history.... if not the finest.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 AM

130 posts, read 124,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
The only places vaguely like Uppsala in Australia are in the Australian Alps.

Thredbo, New South Wales Climate
when does perth get cold and which months have COLD FREZZING WIND????

Old 04-11-2015, 06:33 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,585,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athen View Post
when does perth get cold and which months have COLD FREZZING WIND????
Perth is kind of cold from June to August, and it can be quite wet and windy during this period. But it's rare that its uncomfortably cold here.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:32 AM

130 posts, read 124,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Perth is kind of cold from June to August, and it can be quite wet and windy during this period. But it's rare that its uncomfortably cold here.
in the period jun-aug Perth get any frost???
and when you say "windy", you mean COLD FREZZING WINDS????????

Old 04-12-2015, 04:40 AM

27 posts, read 26,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman2 View Post
Hi everybody!

I am Lars Karlsson and 45 years old and live in Uppsala ( a Town above Stockholm).
And this place are Always COLD.
I will now take a month wiew for you.
Januari- COLD, frezzing and frost, snow
Febraury- the same shiX as Januari, snow
Mars- Cold, but around 21 it begins to show a milder weather, BUT STILL COLD, the snow start melting around 21-23 mars, often tendes to be dry month
Aprile- Mild, but atleast 5 Days with very very strong COLD winds, often tendes to be dry month
May- Mild, and some rain, but STILL COLD, the first Tunderstorm occur around 1 may and the last frost around 5 may
June- Always rainy and COLD and sometimes even VERY COLD frezzing wind
July- A only month that i like with uppsala ALWAYS SUN, and atleast ONE day with 30+, and WARM TO HOT
Augusty- here we go again Mild, rain, and sometimes FREZZING COLD WINDS,
September- mild, and sometimes Cold winds, in the last (around 23 sep) frost ocuur
october- mild to COLD, frost
november COLD, somethimes SNOW, frost, JUST COLD
December- COLD, snow and FROST

Overall a SHIXXY place which just SUCX and i hate this palce becouse it is COLD

so I wounder now do you know some place like this??
or tell me about your city???

Your Sincerly Lars

Any questin so ask me!!!

Hey Lars it is cold here all the time but not arctic cold. I would say highlands are like that. We had snow today which is pretty late.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:25 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
That's what most people on this forum think the UK is like all year round. In reality, it's only like that in the Cairngorms, Buxton, and the hill next to Owen's house.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:25 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
That's what most people on this forum think the UK is like all year round. In reality, it's only like that in the Cairngorms, Buxton, and the hill next to Owen's house.
On this forum?! I don't think anyone has the idea the UK is snow on the ground on winter long and freezing cold weather.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:33 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
I was thinking more the cold, windy and wet than the snow, but still, some people think it snows/frosts a lot in the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather