Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate
A 1 9.09%
B 2 18.18%
C 3 27.27%
D 4 36.36%
E 0 0%
F 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:42 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,989,140 times

Advertisements

Arta is a small city in the region of Epirus (West Greece) about 80 km south of Ioannina. It is located near the river Arahthos and has a historical bridge. Winters in Arta are very wet and mild to cool and summers are hot, humid with little rainfall against the winter. Snow is uncommon but not unheard of. Yearly mean temperature is at 17,2 C. Average yearly precipitation is at 1085 mm with 98 rainy days. The absolute high temperature ever recorded was 41 C and the absolute low temperature was -7,2 C.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:43 AM

D from me. I only like the winter precipitation and the months April and May. It is still livable though. :P I don' t like the dryness in summer.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:50 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
Greece has to be the least climatically diverse country in the world. This is no different to 90% of Greek climates that have been put up here.

Hot dry summers, albeit humid. Cool wet winters. As expected. D+

Old 04-30-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
Greece has to be the least climatically diverse country in the world. This is no different to 90% of Greek climates that have been put up here.

Hot dry summers, albeit humid. Cool wet winters. As expected. D+
This is not true. They aren 't the same. Look at my city and look Arta for example. Precipitation patterns are different at West and East country. And temperatures aren 't the same between North and South or East and West. Arta is the same as Corfu for example but not the same as Thessaloniki or Athens...

Old 04-30-2015, 06:36 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,676,036 times
F: it's too hot.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:46 AM

Guys may I ask you something? In which method your countries count the average humidity and temperatures?

Old 04-30-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
This is not true. They aren 't the same. Look at my city and look Arta for example. Precipitation patterns are different at West and East country. And temperatures aren 't the same between North and South or East and West. Arta is the same as Corfu for example but not the same as Thessaloniki or Athens...
I don't know, but most Greek cities tend to have 28-33C highs in summer and 9-13C winter highs (with maximum rainfall in that season)...They all have this recurring pattern, albeit some cities may be wetter or drier.

I have yet to see an oceanic, continental or humid subtropical city in Greece.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,382 times
Quote:
I don't know, but most Greek cities tend to have 28-33C highs in summer and 9-13C winter highs (with maximum rainfall in that season)...They all have this recurring pattern, albeit some cities may be wetter or drier.

This is the closest to humid subtropical. Thessaloniki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the climate, A-. If winter temps were a little lower, more snow would fall in the winter and this climate would be in the A/A+ region. In general West Greece/Epirus has great climates.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:

Oceanic climates here? No. :P But other cities have continental influences. Ioannina for example isn 't a dry city even in summer. Serres isn 't wet in winter. Thessaloniki isn 't wet in witner too. In Thessaloniki and Serres the wettest months are May, November and December. The other are dry or normal. West country is much wetter in winter. Yes, West Greece has this pattern of weather (cool and really wet winters with dry but humid summers except Ioannina). East Greece has cooler winters than West and drier climate. In West Greece summers are hotter and more humid at the same latitude because in East blow NE winds. For example Limnos and Corfu are islands in the same latitude. Corfu is at the Ionian Sea (west country) and Limnos at the Aegean (east country). Limnos is drier and colder in winter and averages 5 days with snowfall while Corfu is milder but way wetter than Limnos and of course less snowy (it is uncommon). In summer high temperatures are about 2 C warmer in West.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Oceanic climates here? No. :P But other cities have continental influences. Ioannina for example isn 't a dry city even in summer. Serres isn 't wet in winter. Thessaloniki isn 't wet in witner too. In Thessaloniki and Serres the wettest months are May, November and December. The other are dry or normal. West country is much wetter in winter. Yes, West Greece has this pattern of weather (cool and really wet winters with dry but humid summers except Ioannina). East Greece has cooler winters than West and drier climate. In West Greece summers are hotter and more humid at the same latitude because in East blow NE winds. For example Limnos and Corfu are islands in the same latitude. Corfu is at the Ionian Sea (west country) and Limnos at the Aegean (east country). Limnos is drier and colder in winter and averages 5 days with snowfall while Corfu is milder but way wetter than Limnos and of course less snowy (it is uncommon). In summer high temperatures are about 2 C warmer in West.
I just checked out Lemnos. It's rather good for Greece.

Winters aren't that wet or cool. And summers aren't too hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather