Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 03:15 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
I said Germany was debatable, you have cities there like Freiburg which are tad warmer and sunnier.
You also have cities in Germany that are cloudier and colder, Germany gets colder winters for sure, why is the UK so terrible to live in exactly? You said yourself its not pleasant to live in but I want to know why EXACTLY? I work with a Canadian who, when he lived in Canada, worked with a woman who lost her toes to frostbite because her bus was late!!!! Now tell me why it would have been 'worse' for her to be at a bus stop here waiting for a late bus? Hey maybe she thought, well I may have lost the toes off my foot but at least it wasn't a 'cloudy day'!

Old 04-24-2016, 03:16 PM

892 posts, read 859,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
You claimed "most" people would not find the climate of the UK "comfortable",
Yeah and I'm sticking by it. If most did find it comfortable you would make some top 10 weather list of Europe, you don't.

The only one calling it comfortable was you, so please it's not impressive, your opinion.

And which American posters called me a troll?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Yeah and I'm sticking by it. If most did find it comfortable you would make some top 10 weather list of Europe, you don't.

The only one calling it comfortable was you, so please it's not impressive, your opinion.

So tell us EXACTLY what is so uncomfortable about the weather in the UK? Why is it more uncomfortable than Moscow? Or Madrid? Or Paris?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,593,888 times
Quote:
What 'top 10 lists'? London is in the top 10 of the driest capital cities in Europe, so there's that. It doesn't get as cold as most European cities, either.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:21 PM

892 posts, read 859,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So tell us EXACTLY what is so uncomfortable about the weather in the UK? Why is it more uncomfortable than Moscow? Or Madrid? Or Paris?
You keep setting up strawman, I never said it was more uncomfortable than Moscow.

Madrid otoh is warmer and sunnier. Less likely to have the sensation of being cold, tired, lethargic, depressed due to the weather.

Paris is about the same as London, but I like it better because it's more cultured. But now South France...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:22 PM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times
Quote:
I dunno exactly what 'normal' is, I'll have to look at a weather chart for the UK, but your poster "dunno what to put here" volunteered that info as if it was comfortable and normal, which immediately set off alarm bells.

If you don't find 10C cold, then that's because you dealt with very cold weather prior, and are acclimated.

But none of the above changes anything - if the UK were such a comfortable climate, it would be the highest ranked in Europe, a lot of people come out and rank comfortable climates for Europe, I never saw the UK on any top ten list. Funny enough, Malta (if you consider that Europe, I don't) gets number 1 on a lot of them.
Lol, why on earth do you not consider Malta to be in Europe?!?

Quote:

So where is this factual evidence that MOST people do not find the UK climate comfortable?? Still waiting... Your personal opinion counts for nothing

Mild climate are comfortable for the reasons I have already given, you are either being deliberately obtuse or you are a bit special...

Have a look through the forum yourself & find out who else thinks you are a troll, stop being lazy...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
This troll thread has lasted long enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather