Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 03:28 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times

Advertisements

Each day will be above normal this week. Only 9 of last 48 days has been below normal for the max here.

Ohio and Virginia will be impressive to see with widespread 60s possible next weekend. North and East of there I think will be more localized. Who knows. Local Offices are starting to mention it.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
324 PM EST SUN DEC 6 2015

HIGH TEMPERATURES FROM WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY EXPECTED TO BE ABOVE
NORMAL...GENERALLY IN THE 50S. SOME 60+ DEGREE READINGS ALSO
POSSIBLE DURING THE WEEKEND IF THE MODELS CONSENSUS OF RISING HEIGHTS
ALOFT AND A STRENGTHENING LOW LEVEL SW FLOW TURNS OUT TO BE
CORRECT.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
341 PM EST SUN DEC 6 2015

EXPECT A STEADY WARMING TREND THROUGHOUT THE LONG-TERM PERIOD.
EXPECT SEASONABLE TEMPS TO START ON TUESDAY, BECOMING ABOVE NORMAL
WEDNESDAY THRU THE WEEKEND. WE MAY SEE A FEW SPOTS FROM PHILA SOUTH
AND EAST IN THE 60S BY FRIDAY BEFORE HIGHS IN THE 60S COULD BECOME
COMMONPLACE (OUTSIDE OF THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS) NEXT WEEKEND.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
351 PM EST SUN DEC 6 2015

THE RIDGE IS PROGGED TO BUILD GOING INTO THE WEEKEND...
IT WILL CONTINUE UNSEASONABLY WARM. HIGHS THURSDAY AND
FRIDAY MOSTLY IN THE 50S...THEN UP TO AROUND 60 ON THE WEEKEND...
PERHAPS WARMER IF THE RAIN AND CLOUDS HOLD OFF.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
252 PM EST SUN DEC 6 2015

TEMPERATURES WILL GRADUALLY WARM THROUGH THE WEEK...BY SATURDAY
EXPECT HIGHS IN THE L60S ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA. NEXT SYSTEM
APPROACHES JUST BEHIND THIS FORECAST CYCLE LATE SUNDAY INTO
MONDAY...BRINGING A CHANCE OF RAIN AND KNOCKING TEMPERATURES DOWN.

Text Data

GFS for Sunday max

Euro for Saturday. Has 70s in Virginia.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 03:36 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,456,375 times
^^ Looks terrible. White flag just for the rest of the month or for the entire season?

My 10-day forecast looks pretty awful as well with upper 40's and low 50's every day. But it's not as bad as yours; at least my lows will be at or near freezing every night...

On the other side I've been looking at Fairbanks' forecast and it just keeps going lower. Wouldn't be surprised if it hit -40 some time this week. Would be nice to see...

Last edited by Shalop; 12-06-2015 at 03:53 PM..

Old 12-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
^^ Looks terrible. White flag just for the rest of the month or for the entire season?

My 10-day forecast looks pretty awful as well with upper 40's and low 50's every day. But it's not as bad as yours; at least my lows will be at or near freezing every night...
Not sure about the flag yet. Lol. Whats nice about December and winter is as soon as the sun drops down, the temps tank. Hence a reason why I love early sunsets. Im in the mid 30s already at 8pm. Should get to freezing again.

I see nei is at freezing already. But rest of week lows shouldn't get to freezing anymore.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:34 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,463,557 times
Hello, new GFS!

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...31202929266688

Old 12-06-2015, 10:20 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,463,557 times
Thick fog in spots driving home around 9:30 pm. Freezing fog, thick frost on the rear winshield.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Hello, new GFS!
About time it agrees outside 1 hour. Lol
GFS has been showing some nice dips for us but I been ignoring cause Euro hasnt and sure enough each time GFS says ahh, forget it, your right. Lol

https://twitter.com/weaumaier/status/673731218714714112

Old 12-07-2015, 12:45 AM

2,068 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
A number of climatologists have stated that the warming Arctic is causing large waves in the Jetstream, but that doesn't mean a much colder arctic wouldn't have wave patterns either. They claim it wouldn't get stuck in them as much as it has recently. So, a colder Arctic would still bring colder temps to the South, probably that the Jetstream wouldn't get stuck for weeks in the same wave pattern.

If you look at record low temps, explain how in the late 1800's Brownsville, TX went down to 12F in 1899 and 16F in 1989? Seems to me the Arctic would be a lot colder in 1899. So what it means is that if the Arctic gets cold again, the South would be hit with very low temps, but not a month or weeks of cold like 2010 or 2014 or like the 1980's.

Why can't you accept that the Southeast US is kind of unique in that it gets extremely cold given the latitude and elevation of the area? It is just a fact that you can't spin your way out of.
Those temps in the late 1800s were, in fact, due to the Cold Epoch. The Cold Epoch for North America is when atmospheric patterns are such that the jet-stream readily brings cold temps down South. In a natural climactic state, without the Cold Epoch, the weather seen across the country now would be the normal winter climate, year in, year out.

The South has a huge subtropical sea right below it, and North America is not that large of a continent. I just don't see how it can be extreme in climactic terms. I know that extremes can hit the South, but they have in other subtropical regions as well; I recall an article stating that even the California coast down to Big Sur had icings, and yearly snowfall, during the time of Spanish Exploration.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:30 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,326,876 times
Car covered in frost at 40F. Didn't know that was possible.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:45 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,405,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
Those temps in the late 1800s were, in fact, due to the Cold Epoch. The Cold Epoch for North America is when atmospheric patterns are such that the jet-stream readily brings cold temps down South. In a natural climactic state, without the Cold Epoch, the weather seen across the country now would be the normal winter climate, year in, year out.

The South has a huge subtropical sea right below it, and North America is not that large of a continent. I just don't see how it can be extreme in climactic terms. I know that extremes can hit the South, but they have in other subtropical regions as well; I recall an article stating that even the California coast down to Big Sur had icings, and yearly snowfall, during the time of Spanish Exploration.
that cold epoch you are talking about for the 1800s was the little ice age.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:27 AM

29F here and Fog outside. Looks like I'm not the only one with Freezing Fog.

So nice to have 20s and 30s in a "blowtorch" pattern. Thank God for nights. Gees.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather