Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Because I don't agree with how the Americans group the nationalities.
And why do you care? As I said before, they're grouped by their patterns and history here, not over there. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective

Old 08-13-2015, 03:24 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
I noticed now that it is mentioned that some countries don't really holiday..and I have to say I don't understand that.

I don't understand why someone wouldn't want a trip. Like my sister never holidays, ever.. Nor my aunts or uncles. I couldn't cope.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:32 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Know what? Forget four beers. I might just go for five. Almost done my third. Went by too quickly, but I'm feeling good right now.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:43 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
I'm so fuking depressed too. Two jobs in as many years, and both terminated because of "reductions", as they like to say, not because I've been a poor worker, because I haven't. Nowhere even close of graduating either. I'm bloody 30 and next semester I would be sitting there with people born in -97. And I miss home as hell. Turku is nice, but I want to go home to Helsinki. The housing costs are terrifying there. I have no girlfriend, no nothing. And yes, I've been at a psychiatrist.

Ok, enough of my rant. I just had to get it out there.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm so fuking depressed too. Two jobs in as many years, and both terminated because of "reductions", as they like to say, not because I've been a poor worker, because I haven't. Nowhere even close of graduating either. I'm bloody 30 and next semester I would be sitting there with people born in -97. And I miss home as hell. Turku is nice, but I want to go home to Helsinki. The housing costs are terrifying there. I have no girlfriend, no nothing. And yes, I've been at a psychiatrist.

Maybe a girlfriend would help. It's always nicer to face life together with someone instead of all alone. Are there no suitable women where you live?

Old 08-13-2015, 03:51 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:

My sister is soon to be 30 and was in your situation recently, still living at home, claiming dole and not sure what she wanted to do. She dropped out of college, moved to Lincoln with her then-boyfriend, and then spent the next 10 years moving back and forth between living with our parents and sleeping on her friend's sofas. She worked at a supermarket and as a receptionist but she didn't want to spend her entire life doing that.

Then one day she applied for a job working with children with behavioural problems. We have a younger cousin who has anger issues so she used him as an example of how she can deal with troubled kids. She got the job, and now she's living 100 miles away, has a boyfriend and they are planning on buying a house soon.

Things can change quickly. Keep hope!

Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Maybe a girlfriend would help. It's always nicer to face life together with someone instead of all alone. Are there no suitable women where you live?
Maybe, maybe. I'm quite a vindicative person, so maybe I will spoil her life again.

Enough of this self-loathing, but thanks anyway. I just don't know any nice girls ATM.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,900 times
In a great mood - we got a very nice t-storm, and it's been raining for a whole hour. Not much wind, but lots of thunder - the deep, basso kind that rumbles and rumbles.

The weird thing is that it was so dry this morning (dp 62) and then it got humid in the afternoon, and boom, surprise t-storm. This is the kind of summer weather I don't mind.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 PM

3,600 posts, read 2,690,881 times
Quote:

You've had some bad luck lately, but luck will change. Don't let a period of bad luck define you. You are the boss of your life.
Find out what you want to to, something you feel is you, giving you that flow feeling when you forget about time and place. Then, set goals bringing you closer to that goal, and go for it.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
In a great mood - we got a very nice t-storm, and it's been raining for a whole hour. Not much wind, but lots of thunder - the deep, basso kind that rumbles and rumbles.

The weird thing is that it was so dry this morning (dp 62) and then it got humid in the afternoon, and boom, surprise t-storm. This is the kind of summer weather I don't mind.
I do mind it. I'd be quite happy never to experience another thunderstorm in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather