Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 06:54 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Oh, and let's not forget Muslims sexually exploiting British children in Rotherham.

But noooooo... the real problem is all those lawful Americans with their guns.
Most sexual crimes in the UK are committed by non-Muslims

Quote:
You are letting the media create that impression. I'd feel unsafe in many parts of the UK. I can think of--what?--two recent cases where people were beheaded in London. On the other hand, it's very peaceful and tranquil in parts of the Poconos, for instance. I love it there. And guess what? People there own a lot of guns.
It's also peaceful and tranquil in the New Forest, the Scottish Highlands, central Wales, rural England, etc. You can't compare London, a vast metropolis of over 10 million people, to a sparsely populated region...and there is nothing peaceful and tranquil about the Poconos. I grew up there, drug and alcohol abuse is very high

Old 08-15-2015, 06:55 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,318,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post

Every time I see on the news that another nutter has shot a bunch of people in a school or a cinema or a shopping complex or just out on the street somewhere in America, I feel sad, but not at all shocked or surprised. It is so common that it is never even the headline news story anymore, which in itself is shocking.
I agree the US needs to stricter gun restrictions. But, those mass shootings are a small percentage of murders in the US and probability of getting randomly murdered is really tiny; far, far smaller than a car accident.

Quote:
There are lots of good things about the US & it is a great country, but the guns laws there scare the hell out of me & I could never live there for that reason alone. Madness...
As snj90, said areas of the US with the highest gun ownership rates are rural areas. I've never worried about guns or gun violence in rural areas. Btw, the state with the lowest gun ownership rate is Hawaii, about half of the second lowest state. The reason why isn't hard to figure out. Where else besides Hawaii have you spent time in the US?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:55 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,763,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Messed up my sleeping pattern. I had it on 2am to 11am.

Now back to 2am to 1pm....

Mum said I needed a long rest, I probably did.
Really, Owen? This is getting ridiculous…Hasn't it been OVER a week since you returned from the U.S? When I traveled to and from Scotland it took me one maybe two days to completely adjust. I'm sure most people, especially people who travel often cannot be much different, actually, I bet some take no time to adjust at all. At this point its obvious your milking the "jet lag" to get attention and sympathy. I for one refuse to buy into this cry for attention any longer.

Oh, and if it's advice you desire than do what any person with a brain would do…GO TO SLEEP AT 10!!!!! Your "problem" will be fixed in one night

Old 08-15-2015, 06:56 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's also peaceful and tranquil in the New Forest, the Scottish Highlands, central Wales, rural England, etc. London =/= the UK, false equivalency
I think equivalency was that there's high gun ownership and it's peaceful and tranquil; high gun ownership isn't reducing the tranquility. Not that guns are causing peacefulness.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
That's what I did do. I thought I was fixed yesterday was up at 10, don't know what happened.
So, you slept through your alarm?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:57 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,517,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I agree the US needs to stricter gun restrictions. But, those mass shootings are a small percentage of murders in the US and probability of getting randomly murdered is really tiny; far, far smaller than a car accident.

As snj90, said areas of the US with the highest gun ownership rates are rural areas. I've never worried about guns or gun violence in rural areas. Btw, the state with the lowest gun ownership rate is Hawaii, about half of the second lowest state. The reason why isn't hard to figure out. Where else besides Hawaii have you spent time in the US?
But rural areas tend to have lower crime in general, and it's hard to restrict gun access in specific cities when such laws do not exist in the rest of the country - it means you can easily smuggle them in. And comparable areas in the US do tend to have higher homicide rates.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:58 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
I think equivalency was that there's high gun ownership and it's peaceful and tranquil; high gun ownership isn't reducing the tranquility. Not that guns are causing peacefulness.
And in the rural UK, where gun ownership is much lower than the Poconos, it's still just as safe as the Poconos.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:58 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,407,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Preventing Muslims from entering the UK will do nothing to halt the massive scale of child abuse that has apparently existed within numerous British institutions considering some of the most prolific abusers are white males who served in Parliament.. do some research on the Westminster Pedophile Ring. Muslims are the least of our problems.
And maybe you should do some research on Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TS0AHERNaI

Old 08-15-2015, 06:59 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,249,138 times
Quote:
So, you slept through your alarm?
Yep

Old 08-15-2015, 07:00 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,517,076 times
Quote:
And maybe you should do some research on Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TS0AHERNaI
Yeah, that's right - pay no attention to your own miserable state of affairs. I'm sure the problem will go away if you ignore it long enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.