Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,432,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Just continuing the conversation.

Not jumping down your throat or anything, I'm just trying to make a point. There's only such a fine line it seems before someone on the internet criticises how and if you practice religion.
Agreed. A lot of posters here are hostile for the sake of it. Granted, Adi's comment was rather strange, but why tear apart someone's personal comment. Maybe if I had to deal with religious conservatives I'd feel differently, but I don't really get the strong anti-religious views here even though I'm not religious.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:02 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,354,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Agreed. A lot of posters here are hostile for the sake of it. Granted, Adi's comment was rather strange, but why tear apart someone's personal comment. Maybe if I had to deal with religious conservatives I'd feel differently, but I don't really get the strong anti-religious views here even though I'm not religious.
For me, I've had to deal with stupid comments from religious people all my life (most of my family is uber-religious except for the younger generations, and I lived in the Deep South for 3 years of my life) so that's where my "hostility" for religious people comes from. It's not that I'm necessarily hostile towards them, I would just rather them keep their preaching and religious views to themselves....and not call me a heathen or something like that just because I don't believe the same thing they do. I have no problem with them, as long as they don't shove it down my throat.

Of course, I know not all religious people do that. My main issue are the close-minded individuals.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,424,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Says the right wing nutjob

jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
No need to add jk, that's a fair response. There are some very weird people floating around on here.
Yeah, like gay people who want Muslim immigration. What's up with that?

Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,424,324 times
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_laws

13,476 posts, read 9,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'm not sure how my comment was "hostile" Adi tells us all the time that he doesn't live by how his religion dictates all the time, it's as if he is only religious because his parents expect him to be, now he lives away from them so why make a big fuss & tell us all on here that he didn't pray? That should be the least of his problems... You don't get the anti-religious views because the US is a country full of bible bashers, so you are used to being surrounded by hypocritical bigots

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I take the jk back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well not all Muslims have extremist views....

Old 08-20-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I'm not sure how my comment was "hostile" Adi tells us all the time that he doesn't live by how his religion dictates all the time, it's as if he is only religious because his parents expect him to be, now he lives away from them so why make a big fuss & tell us all on here that he didn't pray? That should be the least of his problems... You don't get the anti-religious views because the US is a country full of bible bashers, so you are used to being surrounded by hypocritical bigots

I take the jk back...
What you describe the US to be is only true in the "Bible Belt" and maybe parts of the Lower Midwest. Where Nei lives is far from having "Bible Bashers" or having hypocritical bigots. It's one of the most liberal parts of the country. The US is not one huge, homogeneous country.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,949,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
What you describe the US to be is only true in the "Bible Belt" and maybe parts of the Lower Midwest. Where Nei lives is far from having "Bible Bashers" or having hypocritical bigots. It's one of the most liberal parts of the country. The US is not one huge, homogeneous country.
Isn't the west coast liberal as well?

Also, dat ignorance

Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 AM

13,476 posts, read 9,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
It was meant tongue in cheek...

Old 08-20-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Isn't the west coast liberal as well?

Also, dat ignorance
Lol yeah the west coast is very liberal as well. Also, the eastern portion of the Upper Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan) is very liberal also. The "red" states (conservative) are the South and the Plains mostly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.