Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 02:17 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Also the name of a good microbrewery.
Sounds like an interesting brew. I wonder if they sell it here or if it's a regional thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
OMG! And there was never any heat index.

This "felt like" 100+ for pretty much the entire time. Really a bad day for an outdoor event.

Weather History for Dayton, OH | Weather Underground
That does sound horrid lol.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:36 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
The idiot on another forum who keeps adding false info on Wikipedia weather boxes, sent me a private message saying he was going to get me banned from Wikipedia for vandalism & that I was the one adding false info & that I was doing it because I was jealous of Spanish climates lol He is actually insane, he accused me of editing loads of other pages too which I have never even been on

The only edits I made were to change figures to ones actually stated on the AEMET website, which is linked in the sources (he embelished the figures) & then I addded the record high/low temperatures to the weather boxes, so far from vandalism, I was actually adding useful (& sourced) info The really annoying thing is that when he reverted my edits he put that I was a known 'vandal' so now others are re-reverting the edits without even bothering to check that my edits were not even vandalism

F****** idiots...

Old 09-09-2015, 04:25 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
It says thunderstorms possible tonight, while I'm asleep. Perfect timing.. NOT **** if, if one of these F*CKING THUNDERSTORMS F*CKING WAKES ME UP

Old 09-09-2015, 04:25 PM

Thunderstorms help me fall asleep lol.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The idiot on another forum who keeps adding false info on Wikipedia weather boxes, sent me a private message saying he was going to get me banned from Wikipedia for vandalism & that I was the one adding false info & that I was doing it because I was jealous of Spanish climates lol He is actually insane, he accused me of editing loads of other pages too which I have never even been on

The only edits I made were to change figures to ones actually stated on the AEMET website, which is linked in the sources (he embelished the figures) & then I addded the record high/low temperatures to the weather boxes, so far from vandalism, I was actually adding useful (& sourced) info The really annoying thing is that when he reverted my edits he put that I was a known 'vandal' so now others are re-reverting the edits without even bothering to check that my edits were not even vandalism

F****** idiots...
Which countries are being affected? I'll be sure to make a mental note that the data is off. Which direction is the data off? Too warm, too cool, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Son of a diddly!

The centre-right government has decided on several cuts on work-related benefits:

• Epiphany and Ascension will be holidays without pay (formerly were paid holidays)
  • overtime payments are being halved
  • double salary on Sunday is being reduced to 175%
  • the first sick leave day is without pay
  • full pay on sick leave is history. Now 80% of the salary is being compensated
  • the annual vacation days on the public sector is being reduced from 38 to 30

What do you think? I think the public sector cuts are quite fair, and also the Sunday benefits. Ok, I have benefitted from them myself, but Sunday is not today as it was before. Also on many fields Sunday work is part of the job (cops, nurses, taxi drivers, corner stores), so i think 175% is quite fair and reasonable.
Also, I have advocated for the 80% sick leave salary for years. I don't see why you should get 100% of your salary when being sick and not working. The 80% is still a fair compensation without taking a too much of a blow, but...

But the rest are just stupid. The "self risk day" being sick is eventually causing people to come a bit sick to work, contaminating the whole office in the worst case. Or if you are working part-time, say you have a shift on Wednesday and Saturday, but you're on sick leave Wed-Fri, you don't get anything, as you're not working in the first place. Will this mean that the cashier in the supermarket is coming sick to work and sneezes on your groceries? Or the waitress at the restaurant vomits on your food. I think so.

Also "tomorrow the society shuts down and you are now on holiday, but you don't get paid". Oh, I could come to the office and work with normal pay! "No, we are closed tomorrow". Defies all logic.

Also halving overtime compensations is really stupid. If you work very long days, you definitely should be well compensated. In many fields there is a big seasonality, and these people will take a huge financial blow.

Your opinions?
I agree with your opinions, especially regarding sick leave. If anything, ALL jobs no matter which sector, should have good accommodations and preparedness for sick employees. The last thing you want to do is to spread disease, especially in a hospitality and culinary environment. But, companies are unable to think that deeply. They'd rather get the whole team sick and everyone loses some productivity rather than one person gets sick and someone else can cover.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
I should have never posted my pic online in the first place. Now, I'm getting hit on by underaged female posters.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:00 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
^ I bet you're devastated

Old 09-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I should have never posted my pic online in the first place. Now, I'm getting hit on by underaged female posters.
Well, better than nothing I guess.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Well, better than nothing I guess.
I'm extremely afraid of it, because I recently learned I have a case on my name.

I flirted with a girl in college who was 17 years and 8 months old. She filed a verbal harassment suit via. her mother and I have to appear next month in court .

This is the same girl who I scheduled a date with a while back, and she didnt show up.

Now, I fear losing all of my hard earned money in a stupid fine and have convictions against me .

Old 09-10-2015, 01:19 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
****ing piece of ****, I really, really ****ing hate thunderstorms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather