Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 04:29 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,332,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Probably yeah! Although I did sleep for about 11 hours on Friday night so not sure how I can be so tired!

I have tomorrow and Tuesday working too, so it's a bummer My job is also very boring and tedious!
Do you work in retail or fast food? Those could honestly sometimes be the most exhausting jobs.....also do you have a good diet? A lot of times the food you eat can make you feel a lot more crappy and tired than usual....I notice I usually feel a lot more tired when I go on a stretch of eating crappy/fast food type of places.

In other news, I hate living on the most southern part of the continental US sometimes we get no really good breaks in hot and humid weather until the end of October and it's been hot this year since March I'm so sick of uncomfortably hot and humid weather....even a day with a high of 80 F and a low of 60 F sounds divine right now....I'm so sick of days in the 90s and nights in the upper 70s with high humidity I ****ing hate hot weather so much...hell sometimes I even dislike merely "warm" weather....****

Old 09-13-2015, 04:37 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,937,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Have to go to work for my 3rd last shift but I really can't be bothered

So tired and I'm going through one of those fazes where I feel dizzy standing up and almost feel like I'm going to faint..
Lol I used to have that but it was because I wasn't getting enough sleep.

In terms of jobs, I have an interview this Tuesday

If successful this will be my third job in history lol, I was unfairly dismissed from the first two so hopefully I keep this one for a while.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:55 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,332,826 times
Heat index of 106 F (at peak hours) predicted today.....lawd have mercy.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:09 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,762,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Heat index of 106 F (at peak hours) predicted today.....lawd have mercy.
Haha! I'm in Daytona Beach...predicted high is 80F

Old 09-13-2015, 05:46 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

In other news, I hate living on the most southern part of the continental US sometimes we get no really good breaks in hot and humid weather until the end of October and it's been hot this year since March I'm so sick of uncomfortably hot and humid weather....even a day with a high of 80 F and a low of 60 F sounds divine right now....I'm so sick of days in the 90s and nights in the upper 70s with high humidity I ****ing hate hot weather so much...hell sometimes I even dislike merely "warm" weather....****
Yeah, we need to set up a goal for you to move out of there sooner, rather than later.

I know exactly how you feel at this time of the year, when everybody (and I do mean everybody in the whole USA, including parts of Florida) gets a cool break, but the heat just keeps crankin' down south. Late Sept through Oct was always a very, very difficult time for me - I'd have breakdowns, crying spells, the works...lol. When I got the news we would be moving back in 2004, that was THE happiest day in my life - I nearly hit my head on the ceiling from jumping so high...lol.

Let's hope you get to experience that joy of leaving Florida, and soon.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:45 AM

881 posts, read 644,851 times
Some pics of the sunrise today and the proof that I have no aircon!

It was 9C when this was taken

later today (day is supposed to be Sunday btw)

Old 09-13-2015, 06:46 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,167,043 times
My current job options. Indianapolis Vs. Pensacola. The decision is obvious.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:09 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,404,513 times
Why do so many people like Harry Potter so much? Yet many of these same people don't care for Tolkien's legendarium. Horrible taste!

I won't say J.K. Rowling is a bad writer, but she obviously doesn't have even a fraction of the knowledge or appreciation for the mythology that Tolkien had.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:18 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,937,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Why do so many people like Harry Potter so much? Yet many of these same people don't care for Tolkien's legendarium. Horrible taste!

I won't say J.K. Rowling is a bad writer, but she obviously doesn't have even a fraction of the knowledge or appreciation for the mythology that Tolkien had.
Both writers are pretty good, although Tolkien did have more of an imagination and paid more attention to detail. What people like is subjective in this case anyway.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:48 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,404,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Both writers are pretty good, although Tolkien did have more of an imagination and paid more attention to detail. What people like is subjective in this case anyway.
Maybe so. But, subjectively, I say they have poor taste.

I think Harry Potter is more of a teenage girl thing.

Reading Tolkien is a better way to gain an appreciation for the mythology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather