Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times

Advertisements

Anyone experiencing severe weather or expected to, report here to update us on the system.

We already have advisories up for our area for the upcoming potential for threatening weather for tomorrow. The National Weather Service has indicated that our area can expect severe weather tomorrow and tomorrow night

MAJOR SEVERE WEATHER THREAT...

The Storm Prediction Center, our local NWS offices, as well as all available computer model data coming into the TrueView Weather Center all indicate an enhanced risk of severe t-storms Monday afternoon and Monday night. Large hail, dangerous lightning, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes are all possible. Please review your severe weather safety plan as tornado watches and/or warnings likely be required Monday and Monday night in the WTVA viewing area. We don't say these things to alarm you, but simply to advise you of the weather conditions that are anticipated. We will have frequent updates concerning this event on wtva.com as well as WTVA and our sister stations. Get ready to trade in the shorts for some long sleeves and jackets come Tuesday. Temperatures will be in the lower 40s for highs but feel like they are in the 30s all day. A few flakes of snow may even fall on Tuesday but no significant accumulation is expected at this time. Join John Dolusic starting at 5:00 A.M. Monday morning on "AM Live" for the latest weather information on his "weather on the 9s."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
We have a chance of severe weather in the morning, but no chance of snow

Old 03-03-2008, 04:31 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
Yep I am.. again.. and again and again! Mind you by tonight this will be a warning no doubt about it

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING

SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE BEST CHANCE FOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE HALF INCH OR GREATER AND POWER OUTAGES WILL BE OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS

Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 AM

Oh Tara, I do hope you guys have plenty of supplies stocked if your power goes out.

Ice Storms, while beautiful to behold, leave such chaos behind that it can take many unaware.

Stay safe and warm!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:47 AM

This storm system has many layers to it. From the stormy side, to snow to the dreaded ice.

Amazing how one system can do such different damage to an area.

Dallas is supposed to be hit today, so you guys fill us in on what to expect!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Anyone experiencing severe weather or expected to, report here to update us on the system.

We already have advisories up for our area for the upcoming potential for threatening weather for tomorrow. The National Weather Service has indicated that our area can expect severe weather tomorrow and tomorrow night

MAJOR SEVERE WEATHER THREAT...

The Storm Prediction Center, our local NWS offices, as well as all available computer model data coming into the TrueView Weather Center all indicate an enhanced risk of severe t-storms Monday afternoon and Monday night. Large hail, dangerous lightning, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes are all possible. Please review your severe weather safety plan as tornado watches and/or warnings likely be required Monday and Monday night in the WTVA viewing area. We don't say these things to alarm you, but simply to advise you of the weather conditions that are anticipated. We will have frequent updates concerning this event on wtva.com as well as WTVA and our sister stations. Get ready to trade in the shorts for some long sleeves and jackets come Tuesday. Temperatures will be in the lower 40s for highs but feel like they are in the 30s all day. A few flakes of snow may even fall on Tuesday but no significant accumulation is expected at this time. Join John Dolusic starting at 5:00 A.M. Monday morning on "AM Live" for the latest weather information on his "weather on the 9s."
Would be nice to know where this is for.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 AM

Sorry Elk, most people know me around here. I am in North Mississippi and the forecast is for Tupelo, MS.

But the massive storm system itself is for a major part of the country in one form or another. I just thought I would have a spot for everyone to post what type of event their towns/homes experienced from it.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Ok, I am assuming since no one is posting on here that the weather has not been severe in your area, no snow accumulations nor ice or wind.

Wow, the weather channel sure is showing a lot of storms moving thru the area...hmm...come on guys, give us a heads up.

I know the wind is picking up like crazy here, the sun is gone to be replaced with a gray overcast sky and the temp has fallen some, but we are still bracing for the 'big' event to take place a bit later on this afternoon.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Angel, I thought about you and a few others this morning while watching TWC. Earlier it looked like the severe storms may be south of your area, but evidently that has changed. I didn't see this thread and just posted a bit about the wild weather on the Temperature thread. It looks like quite an area that is under threat and it'll stick around tomorrow and move northeast. I'm hoping that everyone stays safe.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Sorry Elk, most people know me around here. I am in North Mississippi and the forecast is for Tupelo, MS.

But the massive storm system itself is for a major part of the country in one form or another. I just thought I would have a spot for everyone to post what type of event their towns/homes experienced from it.
That line of storms blew through here last night. Hopefully it won't bring you anything more severe than we experienced. It did spawn a couple of small tornados up in NW OK, but nothing major.

It did start out like you are describing... VERY windy and noisy, a fair amount of lightning and rain with some hail.

Around 9pm last night we were under a Tornado watch, a Wind advisory and a Strong Thunderstorm advisory, but the warm front collided with a cold one and it knocked a lot of the *punch* out of our storm.

Today is just blustery and cool with a few blowing snowflakes off and on. (in SW OK)

Stay Safe and Take Care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather