Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 03:48 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,284 times

Advertisements

June and July may have been dry, and July did reach a maximum temperature of 37C (around 99F)... However, both June and July have been very overcast with below average temperatures, and this month is looking like a very wet, dull, and very cold (for the time of year) August!!
June: June 2015 - Met Office
July: July 2015 - Met Office
August: UK weather: August to be a washout with rain and strong winds battering the country - Mirror Online
Look how overcast it is on the weather forecast!: BBC Weather - Weather for the week ahead

It just annoys me how the rest of western and southern Europe enjoy extremely hot and sunny weather, when were stuck under gloomy and cool sky's most of the summer!! haha
What's other opinions from the UK... And yes, if your from outside the UK, feel free to laugh at our crap weather!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 04:25 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
I think I came to the conclusion that I would never want to live in Europe for all different reasons. Except of course Northern most end of Europe or UK in the summer only. lol

Old 08-19-2015, 04:44 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times
This summer has been meh. June was alright, July almost average but a bit gloomy, but this August so far has been below average and will end up quite a bit duller than average once again.. 30C this Saturday and some warmer weather next week might pull us up to average, thoug.

Overall, after July 2013 and 2014, it has been a disappointment. One good day at the start of July, but that temperature will forever be remembered as an anomaly in an otherwise pretty ordinary month.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Help I'm a Londoner get me outta here!!!! Lol

Bloody awful weather every other country in Europe has 4 seasons we could have all 4 in a week!!

Old 08-19-2015, 04:47 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
June was average temp-wise, sunnier and drier than average. No complaints.

July was a bit cooler than average - about 0.5C below the norm - far from the worst July we've had. We had considerably worse in the early 90s. But the final week kind of ruined it for me.

August so far is slightly above average here. Might stay that way - but it depends on next week. Looks very wet right now, but might change.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,284 times
For me really it's just been the lack of sun... The Portsmouth area has had well below average sunshine - I don't even mind the below average temps, as long we get a good amount of sunshine. Everyone I've talked to about this summer have all said it's just been a write of, summer was just 2 days of summer like weather (temps above 30C with wall to wall sunshine) and that was it! Mind you that sounds like most summers in this country!! But we would usually have much more sunshine!

Old 08-19-2015, 05:53 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,556,473 times
London was 11/22°C in June and 14/24°C in July. 13.9/23.6°C to be more accurate - 0.05°C above Heathrow's mean. What is there to complain about? I'd have taken that over Nice's sultry July.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:55 PM

719 posts, read 614,712 times
I'd take that over the seemingly relentless heat and drought we've got here.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:14 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,454,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
June and July may have been dry, and July did reach a maximum temperature of 37C (around 99F)... However, both June and July have been very overcast with below average temperatures, and this month is looking like a very wet, dull, and very cold (for the time of year) August!!
June: June 2015 - Met Office
July: July 2015 - Met Office
August: UK weather: August to be a washout with rain and strong winds battering the country - Mirror Online
Look how overcast it is on the weather forecast!: BBC Weather - Weather for the week ahead

It just annoys me how the rest of western and southern Europe enjoy extremely hot and sunny weather, when were stuck under gloomy and cool sky's most of the summer!! haha
What's other opinions from the UK... And yes, if your from outside the UK, feel free to laugh at our crap weather!!
I'll trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Sounds much better than humid and sunny 30C nearly every day which I've had to deal with for 2 months now.

Although, I will admit that our winters are better than in the UK, so I'd want to switch back by December.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:16 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
London was 11/22°C in June and 14/24°C in July. 13.9/23.6°C to be more accurate - 0.05°C above Heathrow's mean. What is there to complain about? I'd have taken that over Nice's sultry July.
What's happened to you? thought you liked hot weather haha!

And July looks all good when put like that, but the first day of the month alone pushes up the average max by 0.5C, then we had a decent first week or so, June was alright too.. But since the first week of July it has been consistently rather poor IMO. The lack of sun has been the main factor in this.. Below averages sunshine pretty much since the start of July now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather