Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 03:53 PM

83,288 posts, read 74,544,003 times

Advertisements

42°F(6C) this afternoon I felt the need to go to the beach of course. Especially with snowflakes here and there and Lake Effect & instability clouds. Thought would make for some nice pics. Colder with the winds.

Apparently others had the same idea. Many folks were out walking around....in a jacket of course. Me just sweatshirt. That guy had a camera as well.

Birds decided to fly by.

Interesting straight ahead over Long Island... Looks like some precip trying to get to the ground. Virga most likely. Temps aloft at -8C. Incredible for mid October.

Another one admiring the view

Facing towards land (northwest). Couple holding hands walking on the pier. That guy sitting on the bench was having a cigar. Everyone enjoying the afternoon. Real feel in the 30s (F)

Even the birds. Always wonder how they stick there heads in the water. Felt like winter out there!

Some folks were fishing

Last shot of the Virga snow or maybe snow flurries over Long Island.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 04:00 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,257,801 times
Hiked the Mills Creek section of the Florida Trail

Trailhead had inadequate parking

"Silcox Branch"

Silcox Falls

Nice oak litter

Turned into scrub

Oak hammock

Lots of bees and butterflies on these flowers

Rapids on Mills Creek

Crooked tupelo

Got bored and turned back here

Didn't notice this sign before

Tupelo have lost most of their leaves; even in Stuart, they are the first to lose their leaves and the last to grow new ones. Odd

At nearby Lake Mills Park

Lots of families having picnics today

Boardwalk following the clear tannin-stained creek

Spoiler
Tupelo leaves

Spoiler

Old 10-18-2015, 04:01 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,539,654 times
Doesn't look like it was only 6c, the people seem to be similarly dressed to the photos I put up from earlier today.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:14 PM

22,139 posts, read 29,456,548 times
CIDPs are undeterred.

"Oh, all the trees around me are shedding their leaves? I don't care. Even if we are under 10 inches of snow, we will survive."

Old 10-18-2015, 04:46 PM

83,288 posts, read 74,544,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Doesn't look like it was only 6c, the people seem to be similarly dressed to the photos I put up from earlier today.
Did they look to be dressed too much here? I felt a sweatshirt was more then enough.What was the temp where u took the pics?

Nice fig tree. Are they gonna ripen still?

Old 10-18-2015, 05:01 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,539,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Did they look to be dressed too much here? I felt a sweatshirt was more then enough.What was the temp where u took the pics?

Nice fig tree. Are they gonna ripen still?
It was 15c when the pics were taken, yet the people here seemed to have the same clothing as there. At 6c I would expect people to be in heavy coats, possibly with gloves and hats if there was a breeze.

They should've ripened by now, other trees had large ripened figs about a month ago.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:25 PM

8,165 posts, read 8,691,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
"Oh, all the trees around me are shedding their leaves? I don't care. Even if we are under 10 inches of snow, we will survive."
Vicious little creatures. If they could, they'd greet you with a snarky laugh. What they do not seem to know, is that they're freaks of nature really. They'd be ashamed of themselves if they knew what their cousins down south look like.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:46 PM

22,139 posts, read 29,456,548 times
They'll get their comeuppance sooner or later.. there is a cold spell to rival Jan-Feb 1963 just waiting for the opportunity to pounce.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:55 PM

22,219 posts, read 21,493,315 times
Quote:

They should've ripened by now, other trees had large ripened figs about a month ago.
They fruit twice a season, so might be second croppers.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,168,450 times
Quote:
It was 15c when the pics were taken, yet the people here seemed to have the same clothing as there. At 6c I would expect people to be in heavy coats, possibly with gloves and hats if there was a breeze.
Doesn't look the same to me. The people in your photos look like they're wearing lighter clothing than Cambium's; the London photos. The people in Cambium's photos may be wearing layers.

=====================

Like the contrast between Cambium's and TommyFL photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather