Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM

102 posts, read 104,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Apparently quite a few, so y'all can come in and comment on it.
Supposedly only a select few people are allowed to discuss a subject and then from that point onward it's banned form being mentioned ever again, even by their grandchildren.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Most native Floridians look forward to the cold fronts
Can confirm.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:41 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
I had sea breeze when I was on vacations in Calabria last summer. It was wet wind. Not that it changed much with 26c dewpoints in 32c weather. It still felt sticky.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:00 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I agree. I was looking at the data for Orlando and most of the time it is in and around 23c, to me that is pretty darn warm; especially in January!

The one thing that I did note about Florida was the amount of cloudy days,which was obviously ALOT higher than I expected. We once had a full week of cloud.
While 23c may be warm for Northern Ireland, or even Ohio, in January, surely it doesn't qualify as 'warm' in general. More like 'pleasant'.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:03 AM

29,529 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
While 23c may be warm for Northern Ireland, or even Ohio, in January, surely it doesn't qualify as 'warm' in general. More like 'pleasant'.
Yeah how many people are jumping in the water to go swimming in Orlando when it's 23C in January?

Old 10-10-2015, 08:14 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
LOL, when's the last time Ohio was 23C in January?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:22 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
I notice it's the Australians that continually diss the UK climate, I've never met an Australian that has the ability to talk about anything else, all they do is harp on and on about the British weather! Lets get real here, first I live in the UK, not Brisbane so you can take it from me that what I say is fact and not just stereotypical inaccurate nonsense. There is a lot of difference in the weather across the UK, the North West is cloudier and wetter than the South East, where I live we get around 2000 sunshine hours a year, this may not be remarkably high but what you have to remember is that the sun is VERY low in the sky in the UK during the Winter, therefore sunshine is going to be at a premium when most of the time it's below the horizon!!!! With this in mind you can see that 2000 hours equates to pretty sunny Summers here!! Secondly where I live gets less rain than Paris, Rome and Istanbul (among others) so its not particularly wet either! Rainfall is usually spread across the year. Thirdly I cycle to work all year, something I certainly wouldn't do if the temperature is sub zero!! It may be nice to have ice and snow while on a skiing holiday but in real life why would anyone WANT to dig out their drive of snow or scrape frost and ice from their windscreen before they drive to work!!. Fourthly and probably most importantly the weather here doesn't KILL! Weather in some parts of the world KILLS!! I'm sure the millions of starving Africans that have suffered drought would be quite happy to have swapped their climate to Britain's!! I know a woman that lost her toes due to frostbite while waiting for a late bus in Canada, she wishes now that she was waiting for her bus in Maidstone instead! So remember this all, the weather may be better in California or in the Mediterranean than it is in Ashford but British weather is FAR from the world's worst!! And to the Aussies that keep on about it being 'boring' then all I can say is that if the weather in Oz is the most exciting thing in your life than I reckon you lead a rather dull life!

Old 10-10-2015, 11:41 AM

102 posts, read 104,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I notice it's the Australians that continually diss the UK climate, I've never met an Australian that has the ability to talk about anything else, all they do is harp on and on about the British weather! Lets get real here, first I live in the UK, not Brisbane so you can take it from me that what I say is fact and not just stereotypical inaccurate nonsense. There is a lot of difference in the weather across the UK, the North West is cloudier and wetter than the South East, where I live we get around 2000 sunshine hours a year, this may not be remarkably high but what you have to remember is that the sun is VERY low in the sky in the UK during the Winter, therefore sunshine is going to be at a premium when most of the time it's below the horizon!!!! With this in mind you can see that 2000 hours equates to pretty sunny Summers here!! Secondly where I live gets less rain than Paris, Rome and Istanbul (among others) so its not particularly wet either! Rainfall is usually spread across the year. Thirdly I cycle to work all year, something I certainly wouldn't do if the temperature is sub zero!! It may be nice to have ice and snow while on a skiing holiday but in real life why would anyone WANT to dig out their drive of snow or scrape frost and ice from their windscreen before they drive to work!!. Fourthly and probably most importantly the weather here doesn't KILL! Weather in some parts of the world KILLS!! I'm sure the millions of starving Africans that have suffered drought would be quite happy to have swapped their climate to Britain's!! I know a woman that lost her toes due to frostbite while waiting for a late bus in Canada, she wishes now that she was waiting for her bus in Maidstone instead! So remember this all, the weather may be better in California or in the Mediterranean than it is in Ashford but British weather is FAR from the world's worst!! And to the Aussies that keep on about it being 'boring' then all I can say is that if the weather in Oz is the most exciting thing in your life than I reckon you lead a rather dull life!
I wouldn't take it too seriously, it's mostly Aussie banter. Britain may not be a sun-worshipper's paradise, but at least it's entirely habitable. 90% of Australia is an uninhabitable dustbowl, global warming will increase that further

Old 10-10-2015, 11:44 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Sunshine means for Bognor Regis and Shanklin are both in the 1920s .... none of the Kent stations appears to be close to those values ...

Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
23C can be very be unpleasant, if the sun is nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather