Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 07:03 PM

58 posts, read 34,911 times

Advertisements

Yeah maybe but that's a bit long.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I thought your ancestry was Spanish?

I guess those of us from the British Isles have no Asian genes cause I doubt they made their way over to the British Isles. My dentist always told me I had a "Neanderthal" jaw, because I have room for more wisdom teeth in my mouth. I think a fair number of Western Europeans have some Neanderthal genes.
I'm predominantly Spanish. I estimate no less than 60%, and that's being very conservative. My dad's side is only Spanish and Arab (AFAIK). Mother's side is the grab bag. She has German, Spanish, and Indigenous American. But, apparently nobody inherits exactly 50/50 genes. Whatever Native and Spanish ancestry my mother has, was totally lost because she looks like Angela Merkel. Most of the people (99%) around here thinks she's from Germany or Poland. That's why for simplicity's sake if people ask me what my origin is, I just say American. But if they say no I mean your actual origin, I just answer Puerto Rican, even if I look absolutely nothing like a typical Puerto Rican

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, of course you have "Asian" genes because all Europeans have Ancient North Eurasian admixture, especially Northern Europeans. However, it is uncertain whether ANEs were basically Caucasoid, Mongoloid, or somewhere in-between. Native Americans also have substantial ANE ancestry, as well as indigenous Siberians. My best guess is they were somewhere in-between. The archetypical (Northern) European look basically comes from the prehistoric hunter-gatherer populations of Europe. ANE was a relatively recent introduction to the European gene pool (could be at least partly from the Indo-Europeans, in my opinion), so they were a distinct population, clearly, with a somewhat intermediate position along a Eurasian genetic cline.

And all Europeans have Neanderthal genes. In fact, all races do, except for sub-Saharan Africans.
I was talking to my mom the other day, and she revealed that the Native in me is Mongoloid. Well I think I told you already, my great grandmother basically looked Southeast Asian. I don't believe I'm like most Puerto Ricans and tri-racial. AFAIK, nobody in my immediate family has any African ancestry. If we do, it's so diluted and distant. I always have to laugh though, despite both my parents looking like Europeans, I look racially ambiguous. Depending on who I'm talking to, I'm either Italian, white Mexican, white Cuban, or part Japanese.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:16 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

Old 11-03-2015, 09:29 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
I also certainly look Slavic - very proud of it.

Obviously cause you do seem to have a slight obsession with ethnicity. Are you an Identitarian by any chance?

Old 11-03-2015, 09:57 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Surely if there are 2 teams who can't defend and they are playing eachother, then it would be comical/entertaining to watch for fans?
As it turns out, there was only one team who couldn't defend.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Obviously cause you do seem to have a slight obsession with ethnicity. Are you an Identitarian by any chance?
Identitarian? Not a term I was familiar with. I had to look that one up, so the obvious answer is no.

I am a Slavic pagan, so this forms the basis of my identity. At one time, I would have said the opposite, but I don't even care to think of myself as 'white' anymore. There are loads of issues with the concept, to say the least, so I can no longer see it as the basis of an identity.

I do, however, believe that my religion is an ancestral one - without an ancestral connection, there's no basis to consider oneself connected to the religion. It should follow from that that I am no universalist.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
I also certainly look Slavic - very proud of it.
Don't you have almost as much Italian ancestry as Slavic?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:14 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Don't you have almost as much Italian ancestry as Slavic?
Just about twice as much Slavic as Italian.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:14 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
This is just as bad as when that completely white woman claimed to be black and a descendant of the great Ugandan jub jub god.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:23 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogwater View Post
Yeah maybe but that's a bit long.
meteoman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather