Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 06:50 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
I am sure it is not true but I saw it on Twitter someone said they confirmed it from an english speaking country in Africa paid for by Israel I think.
If I remember correctly that photoshopped picture appeared in like 2009 and presented as fact. It was during an UN peace-keeping mission in Gabon or something encouraging people to vote, but everything on that plaque was changed except "Finland".

The sentences of rape are still insanely low and defy the juridical mind of the common man. For example in my Helsinki suburb a person was sentenced to 7 years in prison after kindnapping and raping a supermarket cashier. Alas, the perpetrator was rendered mentally insane and also a first-time offender, so he served only half of his sentence. He wasn't a Finnish national, so he was ultimately deported.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:37 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah. Hockey got in the 80's and 90's the fame as the most followed spectator sport here, and is clinging onto it in any way possible. The Finnish Hockey Association already ridiculed itself closing the league to promotion and relegation, and is slowly destroying itself with its own arrogant ignorant attitude.

Football (soccer), being the most popular played sport but only the second-most popular spectator sport is gaining ground, slowly but surely. In Finland there's the total opposite class structure compared to for example England. Here ice hockey is the sport of rednecks while football is the sport of the middle class. In England cricket is the traditional sport of the middle and upper class.

Of course this is not completely true. As for example of my team's supporters engaging in - well, fights - are largely lowlifes, but there's university students among them too. Likewise among hockey fans include many of our brightest thinkers. In my field (which is history), many have a very negative approach to all kind of sports.

But maybe these pictures harassing the Havis Amanda statue will tell something about the nature of Finnish hockey:
http://hs10.snstatic.fi/webkuva/tays...7096131?ts=523
http://hs10.snstatic.fi/webkuva/tays...7360609?ts=255
In Canada as you can imagine hockey transcends all social classes. Obviously the rednecks love it but it's also very popular all the way up the social chain.

Even though we share the same professional league, I find there is a difference in the Canadian vs. American fan bases for hockey.

Down there hockey is much more predominantly a blue collar sport.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:20 AM

881 posts, read 646,112 times
The current proliferation of "rate my city 2015" threads is starting to get annoying.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:24 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
The current proliferation of "rate my city 2015" threads is starting to get annoying.
I was going to do mine when I had time but it's kinda overkill at the moment.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:25 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
So are all the "When will LA reach its first 500 F of 2016" etc, etc threads. I swear, ABNW is the most annoying ****ing poster on this forum.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
So are all the "When will LA reach its first 500 F of 2016" etc, etc threads. I swear, ABNW is the most annoying ****ing poster on this forum.
I'm guilty of doing one of these but holy **** the 'compare the forecast' thing! Will it be a weekly occurence?

Old 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I'm guilty of doing one of these but holy **** the 'compare the forecast' thing! Will it be a weekly occurence?
Holy **** those are annoying too, I certainly hope not. Or all the redundant threads on Southern California's boring ass climate FFS, we know how the boring ass climate there works, we don't need 700 threads on it. And she always finds a way to instill LA-MEX or Southern CA in any discussion, even when it's not relevant. Seriously annoying.

Or all the "Climate Battle!!! Boring ass climate A vs. Boring ass climate B" threads.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:45 AM

881 posts, read 646,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I was going to do mine when I had time but it's kinda overkill at the moment.
The thing is we already have a discussion thread for our 2015 climates yet we still end up with half the threads in the first page being reposts of that content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
This. THIS. And those ABNW compare the forecasts are always LA vs something. ****ing hell

Old 01-06-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
The thing is we already have a discussion thread for our 2015 climates yet we still end up with half the threads in the first page being reposts of that content.

This. THIS. And those ABNW compare the forecasts are always LA vs something. ****ing hell
Yeah, true. I would rate this year a C+. October/December give it the +, lol. I think most Melbourne years are C for me.

and yeah those compare threads are ****. There should be just a general one, I think there was.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:

Everything she posts is LA vs some bull****. ****ing annoying.

Let me start 800 million thread of Miami's climate or Miami vs. whatever bull**** climate to see if people don't get mad.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather