Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 04:21 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
What about if we address who is committing the most terrorists attacks around the world? What religion would those people be again??
Lol.

Never thought I'd hear THAT for you!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:22 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Straw man argument, just because someone committed a violent crime in the past means they should get shot by police? You know some "violent crimes" are complete bull**** right? I almost got an assault charge one time because I was talking **** to some guy who kept yelling at me and my ex and he called the cops and told him some BS story. I would have been seen as a "violent criminal" too.

You're very naive for thinking the way you do, you have some growing up to do clearly.

By your logic, why don't we just shoot all black men? I mean proportionally they are the violent criminals right? I'm not sure whether one is going to rob me or beat me up, let me just shoot him since he's most likely to commit a crime. Ridiculous way of thinking.
No, my point is we should address that fact. Are we gonna ignore it? If statistically speaking more young black males are committing more violent crimes that puts them statistically speaking more dangerous positions with police and leads to police generally having mistrust of black males which leads to more of a mess. See my point? We can't ignore this issue. I clearly do have a lot of growing up, so does everybody else, you should be growing throughout your whole life. My point is that we can't be one sided on issues like these. A few months ago some white guy was shot by cops here, his family went out and protested, black lives matters narrative is they stand against police brutality. Where was there outrage then?

Old 07-08-2016, 04:24 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Yeah, but no matter if Black or White, you still need more guns, right?

Old 07-08-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Oh no, but that's not everyone, only some people!

Irks me when people ***** about discrimination to their own people, but discriminate other races. Hypocritical as hell.

By his logic, police should immediately shoot a muslim suspect, since we don't know whether he's going to blow us up.
Where did I even hint I think that way lol? Seriously. Apparently catholics commit most crimes. Couldn't find anything for terrorism. Where did I generalize all black people??? I did generalize BLM movement but I retracted my statements and apologized.

Rational Responses: Which religious group commits the most crimes in the USA?

Old 07-08-2016, 04:27 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
for example (though I saw a response saying other studies reached a different conclusion)

https://twitter.com/reihan/status/751397420496461824
Regardless, I think it's stupid to justify police murdering black males simply because they're a bigger "risk". Would be interesting to see a % of justified shootings with black vs. white suspects, I suspect the % would be a lot higher with white suspects. But keeping a statistic like that would be rather difficult.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:28 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Lol.

Never thought I'd hear THAT for you!
I'm just using that to point out you cannot judge an entire group based on the actions of a few & trying to counter his views that black people are all criminals so somehow deserve to be shot... I don't believe that all Muslims are terrorists for the record.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:30 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Oh no, but that's not everyone, only some people!

Irks me when people ***** about discrimination to their own people, but discriminate other races. Hypocritical as hell.

By his logic, police should immediately shoot a muslim suspect, since we don't know whether he's going to blow us up.
Yep he is hypocritical as hell... Just like Snj90 is about immigration...

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
I'm just using that to point out you cannot judge an entire group based on the actions of a few & trying to counter his views that black people are all criminals so somehow deserve to be shot... I don't believe that all Muslims are terrorists for the record.
Then you are responding to one big straw man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, but no matter if Black or White, you still need more guns, right?
What about knives, baseball bats, forks, metal cans that can be turned to shanks. If we are going to ban all weapons why just guns. What would happen if we disarm the population? Criminals will still find a way to get there hands on guns. Then what happens when you are robbed by an armed criminal and you are unarmed? What happens if God forbid the population is unarmed but the police are militarized and we have a tyrannical government? What about banning forks and spoons, they cause diabetes. People use them to eat foods that get them obese and give them diabetes.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:32 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Yep he is hypocritical as hell... Just like Snj90 is about immigration...
He said sorry though. So it's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather