Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How awesome is Caracas's climate? (specifically the wikipedia statistics)
so awesome it breaks the rating scale and creates a rip in the time space continuum 3 10.00%
A+ 0 0%
A 5 16.67%
A- 4 13.33%
less than an A (i'm miserable and i don't like nice things) 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 03:12 PM

340 posts, read 297,394 times

Advertisements

First of all, I enjoy a nice winter with snow, and this doesn't have that.

But that's ok, it could still be a good climate. If I'm not getting any winter, then I want around 3000 or more hours of sunshine.... However, this doesn't quite have that.

So as far as summer temperatures, I look for around 30C/86F summer highs. I like to take a nice swim in the pool when it's around that temperature out there. 26C/79F is good but not ideal.

Overall it's a C in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 03:46 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goosenseresworthie View Post
is the only thing about weather you find interesting is a large change in temperature? because there is so much more to weather than just temperature...
Obviously. But a bigger range in temperature will more than likely bring a larger range of weather conditions. I love snowstorms, thunderstorms, high winds, large swings in temperature, etc. A climate like Caracas wouldn't bring that. I don't get what's so hard for you to understand,

Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 PM

633 posts, read 661,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Obviously. But a bigger range in temperature will more than likely bring a larger range of weather conditions. I love snowstorms, thunderstorms, high winds, large swings in temperature, etc. A climate like Caracas wouldn't bring that. I don't get what's so hard for you to understand,
whats hard to understand is that you spend most of your time in a building with a constant temperature like Caracas. maybe if you start practicing what you preach, move to Nebraska and live in a tent for the rest of your life and tell me you have no regrets, then maybe i'll understand.

also, Caracas has tons of thunderstorms, and with the mountains i'm sure you could find high winds somewhere in the area...

Last edited by Sir Goosenseresworthie; 01-22-2016 at 07:31 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
whats hard to understand is that you spend most of your time in a building with a constant temperature like Caracas. maybe if you start practicing what you preach, move to Nebraska and live in a tent for the rest of your life and tell me you have no regrets, then maybe i'll understand.

also, Caracas has tons of thunderstorms, and with the mountains i'm sure you could find high winds somewhere in the area...
You are an idiot. In that same token - why don't all heat lovers go move to the Sahara in mid-summer without AC?

And I DON'T spend most of my time "in a building with a constant temperature like Caracas". I'm outside the grand majority of the day. So way to make an assumption.

I don't have to be comfortable for me to enjoy the weather outside. I love battling the elements, that being said, that doesn't mean I want to spend the whole day outside in a driving, windy rain or in an F5 tornado or in a -80 F blizzard. I just enjoy experiencing different types of weather conditions, experiencing the same or similar weather everyday is extremely boring. Also, I don't really give a rats ass whether you understand or not, I just don't like being told what kind of I "should" like by some random moron on the internet.

You are going to have to grow up and accept the fact that some people don't prefer mild, comfortable weather. I take interest over comfort any day of the week. Not everybody prefers the same as you. So stop telling people what they should and shouldn't like.

Last edited by alex985; 01-22-2016 at 07:45 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 08:00 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
I ironically voted the top response because this is a stupid thread. Obviously everyone has their own preferences and you can't force someone to like a specific climate. Grow up.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Even I didn't vote A+ for this and I like hot climates...

Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
You are an idiot. In that same token - why don't all heat lovers go move to the Sahara in mid-summer without AC?
idk maybe they should if they enjoy sun burns and sand in their eyes.

Quote:
And I DON'T spend most of my time "in a building with a constant temperature like Caracas". I'm outside the grand majority of the day. So way to make an assumption.
do you sleep outside too? because otherwise i guarantee you spend most of your time inside.

Quote:
I don't have to be comfortable for me to enjoy the weather outside. I love battling the elements, that being said, that doesn't mean I want to spend the whole day outside in a driving, windy rain or in an F5 tornado or in a -80 F blizzard. I just enjoy experiencing different types of weather conditions, experiencing the same or similar weather everyday is extremely boring.
that is because of modern technology, you decide what you want on your terms. when you get tired of bitter cold or blazing heat (which doesn't take long) you get the opportunity to go back into your own little Caracas.

Quote:
You are going to have to grow up and accept the fact that some people don't prefer mild, comfortable weather. I take interest over comfort any day of the week. Not everybody prefers the same as you. So stop telling people what they should and shouldn't like.
look i want to have a discussion about it. i know the title and first post is silly and sort of gives the wrong impression but that was just to get attention. i'm not interested in imposing my totalitarian regime (though it would be nice), just to debate. if you don't want that you can leave.

Last edited by Sir Goosenseresworthie; 01-22-2016 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
idk maybe they should if they enjoy sun burns and sand in their eyes.

do you sleep outside too? because otherwise i guarantee you spend most of your time inside.

that is because of modern technology, you decide what you want on your terms. when you get tired of bitter cold or blazing heat (which doesn't take long) you get the opportunity to go back into your own little Caracas.

look i want to have a discussion about it. i know the title and OP is silly and sort of gives the wrong impression but that was just to get attention. it should be obvious i'm not interested in imposing my totalitarian regime (though it would be nice), just to debate. if you don't want that you can leave.
This isn't a discussion though. This is people explaining why they don't like a climate and you keep telling them they're wrong. People's climatic preferences aren't a discussion, seeing as how everyone has their own tastes. I don't see why anyone has to explain to you why they dislike this climate. They dislike because it's not their preference. Period. Nothing to debate here. It does come across as you trying to convince everybody to think like you knowing damn well that isn't possible.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
This isn't a discussion though. This is people explaining why they don't like a climate and you keep telling them they're wrong.
well that is how debates typically go, with reasons and points given on both sides until a compromise or consensus is reached.

Quote:
People's climatic preferences aren't a discussion, seeing as how everyone has their own tastes.
why not? you can have your own tastes and still have a logical discussion backed by facts. so far half of the people here listed reasons that are flat out wrong for why they don't like this climate!! like "80°F with 80% humidity".

or that it isn't interesting because no thunderstorms? or they need high wind? both of which Caracas has.

Quote:
I don't see why anyone has to explain to you why they dislike this climate. They dislike because it's not their preference. Period. Nothing to debate here. It does come across as you trying to convince everybody to think like you knowing damn well that isn't possible.
why is it their preference? childhood memories? medical conditions? i'm interested in knowing why. every preference has logic behind it. because if you have a preference and you can't tell me WHY it is your preference, then you must not care about it very much and you probably shouldn't be here. but you gave your reasons which is fine. but don't say there is nothing to discuss. there is plenty to discuss and i think this is an interesting topic.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
well that is how debates typically go, with reasons and points given on both sides until a compromise or consensus is reached.

why not? you can have your own tastes and still have a logical discussion backed by facts. so far half of the people here listed reasons that are flat out wrong for why they don't like this climate!! like "80°F with 80% humidity".

or that it isn't interesting because no thunderstorms? or they need high wind? both of which Caracas has.

why is it their preference? childhood memories? medical conditions? i'm interested in knowing why. every preference has logic behind it. because if you have a preference and you can't tell me WHY it is your preference, then you must not care about it very much and you probably shouldn't be here. but you gave your reasons which is fine. but don't say there is nothing to discuss. there is plenty to discuss and i think this is an interesting topic.
If you wanted a debate on people's climatic preferences, then you should have titled the thread that way, not by rating a city's climate you explaining "why" it should be my favorite too. All this comes across as a pure obsession for you to get people to like Caracas' climate. It's a bit silly to have a discussion backed by "facts" about someone's opinion over a city's climate that's why "Rate the Climate" threads are pointless, or should be done out of curiosity. You can't reach a "compromise" about somebody's climatic preferences. Not so you can tell someone they "should" like a city when they don't. As I said, no one should have to explain to you why they don't like Caracas' climate, they don't like it period. That's it. Maybe people don't feel like explaining their preference to you or find it pointless, that's why they don't explain it. Not because they don't care about it they just think it's pointless to discuss. It's an interesting topic for you because for whatever reason you're obsessed with making people like the same climates as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather