Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 04:33 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

Omg, poor SOuthern Brazil! I never knew Rio de Janeiro could be that chilly during the day

Comodoro Rivadavia is warmer than all the way to Sao Paulo almost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,005,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Omg, poor SOuthern Brazil! I never knew Rio de Janeiro could be that chilly during the day

Comodoro Rivadavia is warmer than all the way to Sao Paulo almost!
Southern Brazil will face some chilly days,they are saying that the Coldest time will be on the Saturday Morning,like i talked before,some of the Highest towns could get -8/-10C low.

Also This Evening on Rio was the Coldest of the Year until now,and there are some years that i dont see Rio geting temperatures like that on the Evening,usually they get this on the Coldests Mornings.

Also there are an High Risk of loss of the Corn,Coffee, between others Tropical Plantations on the Southern States.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:53 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
Southern Brazil will face some chilly days,they are saying that the Coldest time will be on the Saturday Morning,like i talked before,some of the Highest towns could get -8/-10C low.

Also This Evening on Rio was the Coldest of the Year until now,and there are some years that i dont see Rio geting temperatures like that on the Evening,usually they get this on the Coldests Mornings.

Also there are an High Risk of loss of the Corn,Coffee, between others Tropical Plantations on the Southern States.
That sucks!!!!!!!! . I would be ranting like hell lol.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:35 PM

839 posts, read 3,074,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
But it does matter what coast It's on because the geography is different. You have to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges. And Sorry Rio Gallegos and Rio Grande don't get brutal cold. Try Saskatoon and Edmonton which are on the same latitude to see what REAL brutal cold is.... Coastal South America is not Cold at all compared to those places and if you think that Rio Gallegos and Rio Grande is brutally cold then that's just laughable
Well, you didn't read my sentence carefully. I wrote "where brutal cold is not unheard of". That's quite different from saying "where brutal cold is an everyday occurrence" or something of the sort.

So, when someone says that in a place like San Luis, in central Argentina, snow is not unheard of, that doesn't mean that it snows several times every winter, quite the contrary. In fact, snow can happen once every 2 to 5 years and that would, I think, apply to the expression "snow is not unheard of", which would be different from "snow is toally absent".

All this just goes to show you that I don't think Río Gallegos and Río Grande are comparable to Saskatoon and Edmonton, I know that perfectly well. So, you don't need to laugh at all.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:40 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
These past two months are probably some of the coldest ones that Conosur has experienced so it's not the best idea to judge the climate off this. It would be like judging Northeast USA off February 2015 or judging Northern Mexico off March 2016

Old 06-08-2016, 08:44 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
These past two months are probably some of the coldest ones that Conosur has experienced so it's not the best idea to judge the climate off this. It would be like judging Northeast USA off February 2015 or judging Northern Mexico off March 2016
Lol, in patagonia so far the year had been nowhere near remarkable cold, quite the opposite.

Today it snowed in the patagonian desert in several towns. Sarmiento, Chubut, for instance:

And the desert in east Santa Cruz goes all white for a day:

Here right now 5ºC at midnight. A good frost awaits us tommorrow.

----

Pic of the day. Personnel of Chilean ski resort of Portillo stil shoveling the meters of snow in the buildings.

Last edited by marlaver; 06-08-2016 at 08:52 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 PM

Things starting to look very nice in some Southern Towns,a lot are close to freezing,freezing or below freezing now,Soledade(650m),again the Coldest,and its still 0 a.m here in Brazil:

Old 06-09-2016, 09:41 AM

Soledade registered -6.3C/21F at 7:04am,its the Brazil's Coldest Temp between Cities until now in 2016,beating the -4.2C/24.4F from Urupema registered in late April,for while the general Coldest keep being -9.3C/15.2F in the Rio de Janeiro Mountains,also there are an even more intense cold coming.

Also,today 10 Lowest temps in Brazil:

-6,3°C Soledade-RS (Bairro Farroupilha)
-5,2°C Urupema-SC
-5,2°C Bom Jesus-RS
-5,1°C Guarapuava-PR
-5,1°C Ponte Serrada-SC
-5,0°C General Carneiro-PR
-5,0°C São Joaquim-SC
-4,8°C Santa Rosa-RS
-4,6°C Água Doce-SC
-4,6°C Canela-RS

Last edited by ghost-likin; 06-09-2016 at 09:55 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 AM

An guy Posted some photos from the Frost from where him live this morning:

Last edited by ghost-likin; 06-09-2016 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 11:53 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Winter isn't really happening this year. Got a 14.7C dewpoint here at present (5.51 am). Some parts of the east coast are forecast for 24C today.

A good amount of rain last night. Forecast for strong winds today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather