Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 11:43 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,351 times

Advertisements

I think Saritra's climate is this classic "all rain falls at once"-deal, because at a first glance those summers looked wet, but then I looked at the precipitation days With that heat I'm really sure it cleans the air though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:49 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Finland was indeed hit very badly and for us we more or less laid in the low-pressure path causing thunderstorms that moderated temps. I didn't live in Örebro at the time but it received a whooping 162 mm of rainfall in July and saw its averages limited to 24/13.

How was Turku doing, did the sea breeze help anything and did the proximity to the calmer Swedish air also help? Or did you live in Helskinki at the time? Also did any inland station break the 30C avg high wall that month?

The bad thing about my climate is that it can get very warm but by then no-one has AC so having a fan is a must-have. Mine is running all day when it's above 27C because of the apartment facing the sun!
Are you kidding me? It was the best month ever!

I was mostly in Helsinki and SE Finland that month, coming to Turku only late July. Turku was indeed on the cooler side of Southern Finland. My apartment warms up awfully even during normal summers, so I have get used to it.

Warmest station was in SE Finland, but it was like 28.2C in average highs.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:55 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
I think Saritra's climate is this classic "all rain falls at once"-deal, because at a first glance those summers looked wet, but then I looked at the precipitation days With that heat I'm really sure it cleans the air though!
I think with that heat, it probably wouldn't clean the air that much -there would still be highish dewpoints after the rain.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Are you kidding me? It was the best month ever!

I was mostly in Helsinki and SE Finland that month, coming to Turku only late July. Turku was indeed on the cooler side of Southern Finland. My apartment warms up awfully even during normal summers, so I have get used to it.

Warmest station was in SE Finland, but it was like 28.2C in average highs.
The 28.3 avg high in Målilla (Småland) in July 2006 was just as crazy!

http://data.smhi.se/met/climate/time...ul06.pdf?23416

Also that the avg low fell to 11.1C... must have not been a cloud in sight, because that is Oregon level Glorious summer though. I remember that one like yesterday! It's a pro of this climate that we can get hot summer days without those high dew points and monstrous overnight lows!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:43 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Pros - None

Cons - Everything

Old 11-19-2016, 02:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Pros - None

Cons - Everything
What about thunderstorms?

Old 11-19-2016, 02:49 PM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
The Met Office seem to have completely closed down the Solent weather station now too, despite telling me they were re-opening it So since Southsea weather station was closed down the nearest station to Portsmouth (used in available data) is Thorney Island, which is a rural frost hollow RAF base in West Sussex, very representative of Portsmouth Thankfully Portsmouth City Council have set up a Davis weather station at the Civic Offices in the city centre which is linked to Wunderground, but of course this isn't "official"...

Old 11-19-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
What about thunderstorms?
Not even consistent enough here and pretty much every other part of FL gets more frequent and better storms than here. This climate really is a ****hole.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:56 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Not even consistent enough here and pretty much every other part of FL gets more frequent and better storms than here. This climate really is a ****hole.
Looking at a thunderstorm map, Broward County gets 65 to 80 thunderstorm days a year. That's a lot. Here, we get less than 10 days with thunder, and that includes distant thunder, not just overhead.

It's like a snow lover saying Buffalo's climate sucks because it isn't as snowy as Syracuse, lol. Miami and the surrounding area gets some pretty immense thunderstorms, some of the best on YouTube I've ever seen.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Looking at a thunderstorm map, Broward County gets 65 to 80 thunderstorm days a year. That's a lot. Here, we get less than 10 days with thunder, and that includes distant thunder, not just overhead.

It's like a snow lover saying Buffalo's climate sucks because it isn't as snowy as Syracuse, lol.
Ok fine. Thunderstorms are the ONE pro

And what would be the problem if a snow lover didn't find Buffalo snowy enough? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather