Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 04:09 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times

Advertisements

Having a couple of beers before going to hang out with my lady friend.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:38 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Saw your post in the unhappy thread, how much did you drink exactly?
Knocked back about 5 double rum and cokes, a few glasses of wine and 4 pints of beer, I'm only just now recovering

Old 08-05-2017, 05:59 PM

1,363 posts, read 791,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Knocked back about 5 double rum and cokes, a few glasses of wine and 4 pints of beer, I'm only just now recovering
sweet! I'm getting prepared for tonights bbq and drinking session. F**ken weather is f**ken Failbournesque though with that s**tty cold wintry clouds and damp cold air. I think I'll get away with it though. Wood smoke and cold damp mank might be a good match though.

Gonna be some sticky honey sauce teriyaki wings and peri-peri wings, hopefully hot enough to melt my face, and some garlic butter baked potatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Screw vegans.

especially the fact that every f**king takeaway place has to be a pretentious hipster skinny jeans-wearing latte sipper hyperoverpriced joint to appease these greenie self-righteous creatures

Old 08-05-2017, 06:06 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,216,167 times
Quote:
sweet! I'm getting prepared for tonights bbq and drinking session. F**ken weather is f**ken Failbournesque though with that s**tty cold wintry clouds and damp cold air. I think I'll get away with it though. Wood smoke and cold damp mank might be a good match though.

Gonna be some sticky honey sauce teriyaki wings and peri-peri wings, hopefully hot enough to melt my face, and some garlic butter baked potatoes.

especially the fact that every f**king takeaway place has to be a pretentious hipster skinny jeans-wearing latte sipper hyperoverpriced joint to appease these greenie self-righteous creatures
That BBQ sounds really good!

Old 08-05-2017, 06:12 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Shame. The takeaways over here are cheap and fit the bill. Mainly Indian and Chinese, the Indians are as hot as you want them to be,

Old 08-05-2017, 06:21 PM

1,363 posts, read 791,495 times
Quote:
Shame. The takeaways over here are cheap and fit the bill. Mainly Indian and Chinese, the Indians are as hot as you want them to be,
We got some good cheap takeaways here aswell, I should've said it's actually all the cafes that are ripoff hipster joints these days. Last time I went to one, a CUPCAKE was $5, a cup of hot chips $6 and a burger $13. Couldn't even sit down because the table is too low over the chairs.

The good old fish n chip, chinese and indian joints are my go tos. You can still get a curry or fish n chips for $10 or something.

Maccas and Dominos are trying to be hipster, are overpriced and I've stopping going there. Dominos value menus are getting ever smaller and then there is this: 'More than $5 pizzas': Sizes set to shrink in Domino's shake-up | Newcastle Herald

hope they go out of business, yet another hipster sellout

Old 08-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
We got some good cheap takeaways here aswell, I should've said it's actually all the cafes that are ripoff hipster joints these days. Last time I went to one, a CUPCAKE was $5, a cup of hot chips $6 and a burger $13. Couldn't even sit down because the table is too low over the chairs.

The good old fish n chip, chinese and indian joints are my go tos. You can still get a curry or fish n chips for $10 or something.

Maccas and Dominos are trying to be hipster, are overpriced and I've stopping going there. Dominos value menus are getting ever smaller and then there is this: 'More than $5 pizzas': Sizes set to shrink in Domino's shake-up | Newcastle Herald

hope they go out of business, yet another hipster sellout
That's the problem with being so isolated, they can hold you to ransom with those ridiculous prices.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:30 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
In NYC there is an abundance of cheap ethnic food. Sadly this is something you only see in big cities. If you go to the boonies and you want cheap ethnic food, lol tough **** buddy

Old 08-05-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
In NYC there is an abundance of cheap ethnic food. Sadly this is something you only see in big cities. If you go to the boonies and you want cheap ethnic food, lol tough **** buddy
Obviously not, since I can get cheap ethnic food from about 20/30 separate cultures within about 10/15 miles of me. As a bonus I also don't have to live in a concrete jungle.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Cheap isn't always good, there's lots of low quality food around. Chinese food restaurants are at the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather