Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 04:44 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times

Advertisements

To be fair, you can have female friends. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:58 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
True, but not after you've had a failed crush on them...

I'm good friends with my ex though, and that's no problem, because we're both like "been there, done that". If I'd ever meet someone knew I hope she'd be fine with me being friends with my ex though... I'm not so sure. If men are jealous... women (generally) are like that times ten

The thing I really got provoked about that one two years back though was that after she'd met someone else she continued to always ask me how my ex was doing as if I planned on getting back with my ex or something. That was ludicrous and even after I repeatedly pointed out that I wasn't even on that good terms with my ex at that time (which I wasn't) she still continued to behave as if I had a crush on my ex. Granted she wasn't the intelligence reserve, I had to explain some basic Swedish words to a native Swede for the first time ever with her, but... anyways... she made it to uni somehow and has good genes from successful parents, but there was something wrong mentally with her.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:02 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Altho there is a difference between having friends who are girls and having largely one-sided friendships with a girl where you just do favors for her and she accepts them without anything in return. I've never been in that sort of "friendship" I don't think, but I've read and heard tons of stories from people who have. Girls can be manipulative af. I found out how manipulative one of my exes was only in the last two months of the relationship

Old 03-31-2017, 05:12 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Altho there is a difference between having friends who are girls and having largely one-sided friendships with a girl where you just do favors for her and she accepts them without anything in return. I've never been in that sort of "friendship" I don't think, but I've read and heard tons of stories from people who have. Girls can be manipulative af. I found out how manipulative one of my exes was only in the last two months of the relationship
Generally a female can get away rather easy with acting like a prick than a male can, because there will always be other males chasing the semi-attractive female regardless. If you're an average-looking male like myself (all men are ugly but meh for the sake of it I think I'm 6/10 ) there's no attention and you'll have to do all work on your own. Once you've gotten a couple of snidy remarks about your height and your personality then you start to blame all women and then start to play video games all the time. Then repeat thousands of times over. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm made for a relationship regardless. Women are incredibly beautiful beings but unless they share my interests I always tend to find them boring at the end of the day.

I don't want to be sitting watching reality TV or some boring sitcom on a Friday night 52 times every year. That's the average Swedish girl it seems I'd love to find someone with whom I can go to the sea to watch the sunset with and holding hands instead. That's love to me. It seems like so many get into relationships just for the sake of having one. That's rather the opposite of myself and just plain boring. So often I look at people's girlfriends on Facebook and their boring lives and I think "dude's been pretty desperate, huh".

Old 03-31-2017, 05:50 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Gal I've seen a couple times and am now friendzoned with asks me how she should approach the guy she has a crush on.
Yeah, well, I like to talk with a gal a lot, but you keep banning her all the time.

Seriously, classic fail whale. But don't worry, happens to all of us.

Quote:
One of my best friends is a girl and she is one of the persons I respect the most. No, I haven't shagged her, though it has been very close at times. I have no romantic feelings towards her, but she is the best friend one can ever have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
True, but not after you've had a failed crush on them...
Not true at all.

Quote:
I'm good friends with my ex though, and that's no problem, because we're both like "been there, done that".
I'm not in good terms but with one of my exes. I'm not a very easy person to be with, and is one who likes to burn bridges because they look nice. Maybe therefore I'm attracted to gals who are either submissive or who are maniacs as well (refer to the first line of this post).

Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Generally a female can get away rather easy with acting like a prick than a male can, because there will always be other males chasing the semi-attractive female regardless. If you're an average-looking male like myself (all men are ugly but meh for the sake of it I think I'm 6/10 ) there's no attention and you'll have to do all work on your own.
It's ****ed up.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
The ridiculous part is how unless you're in the top like 10% of guys, you have to approaching on your own. You could be significantly above average in terms of looks and still get no approaches, I've known very good looking guys who struggled a lot with girls, typical because of shyness/inexperience

Old 03-31-2017, 06:38 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Seriously, classic fail whale. But don't worry, happens to all of us.
Being friendzoned with her might not be the best term. I met her at a party while slightly drunk - you know, drink till they're beautiful - and dated her a couple weeks later. Not that she wasn't sweet or anything, it just didn't click. She didn't look particularly interested either so I argued distance (Nice-Paris) relationships aren't the best thing, especially knowing she wasn't playing but rather looking for something serious. After a while she began to send me a ****load of texts so I've become that polite, understanding though increasingly short-spoken confident. And now that. Actually later tonight she kinda said we should've hook up. Anywhoo I dunno why I'm telling you this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Maybe therefore I'm attracted to gals who are either submissive or who are maniacs as well (refer to the first line of this post).
Maniac - that's putting it mildly.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-31-2017 at 06:55 PM..

Old 03-31-2017, 07:01 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Being friendzoned with her might not be the best term. I met her at a party while slightly drunk - you know, drink till they're beautiful - and dated her a couple weeks later. Not that she wasn't sweet or anything, it just didn't click. She didn't look particularly interested either so I argued distance (Nice-Paris) relationships aren't the best thing, especially knowing she wasn't playing but rather looking for something serious. After a while she began to send me a ****load of texts. And now that. Actually later tonight she kinda said we should've hook up.
Seems to me that she wanted to test the waters and her market value. You're a handsome sporty guy after all, so why not? Or then she's just crazy.

Quote:
Maniac - that's putting it mildly.
Well, why do I keep defending her over and over again? Because I've seen her other side. She knows she's crazy, but she has an incredibly soft, sweet and vulnerable side. You don't know it, but I do. And opposites attract.
She is something I can never have and I'm something she cannot ever have. And that is what makes it so interesting, thrilling and so absurd.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:14 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
There's no denying people are infinitely more complex than what they let appear on a message board such as this one, especially when they seem to post here just to defend a certain agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather