Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 12:03 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Haha I've only been out twice and both nights ended badly with the ridiculously cheap alcohol here, so I've given up on that, now I just enjoy the beer like the locals, at $0.50 for draught beer it's just crazy good and I've learned to love the food too!

Yeah, I could get up at 5am but really that's only people who work at markets and vendors who are up around then. Everything else isn't open until past 8am and I've never really been a morning person anyway, so getting up at 7-8am each day is already good going for me. My real complaint is not so much about getting the most sunshine as possible, more that afternoons are just so short here.. After you've had lunch you only have a few hours before the sun is low in the sky!

I also prioritise sleeping.. fair play to Nei, but I need 8-10 hours a night otherwise I feel exhausted..

I am enjoying the hot weather here but I can see why you get p**sed off as a cold lover in Miami, it's almost November here and it's still 33C/25C and very humid here, the locals never get a break from it and I've never been in this type of heat at this time of year before!
26C/21.5C here today and that's "Below Average"

Old 10-27-2016, 12:13 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
How do people in Miami dress during summer? I see loads of people here in hoodies and trousers, presumably to cover their skin? Or are they just cool because there's no way I could be wearing a hoodie at 33C with a 25C dew point which is pretty much a daily occurrence

Old 10-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
How do people in Miami dress during summer? I see loads of people here in hoodies and trousers, presumably to cover their skin? Or are they just cool because there's no way I could be wearing a hoodie at 33C with a 25C dew point which is pretty much a daily occurrence
Depends on the activity, lots of people here do wear pants/hoodie no matter what the weather's like for everyday stuff like going to school (for fashion, not "skin protection"). I've even seen a woman wearing a down jacket at 31C before! You kinda get used to the heat I guess. It's 74F (23.5C) here now at 2:00 P.M and it feels kind of chilly with the wind lol.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:23 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Haha I've only been out twice and both nights ended badly with the ridiculously cheap alcohol here, so I've given up on that, now I just enjoy the beer like the locals, at $0.50 for draught beer it's just crazy good and I've learned to love the food too!

Yeah, I could get up at 5am but really that's only people who work at markets and vendors who are up around then. Everything else isn't open until past 8am and I've never really been a morning person anyway, so getting up at 7-8am each day is already good going for me. My real complaint is not so much about getting the most sunshine as possible, more that afternoons are just so short here.. After you've had lunch you only have a few hours before the sun is low in the sky!

I also prioritise sleeping.. fair play to Nei, but I need 8-10 hours a night otherwise I feel exhausted..

I am enjoying the hot weather here but I can see why you get p**sed off as a cold lover in Miami, it's almost November here and it's still 33C/25C and very humid here, the locals never get a break from it and I've never been in this type of heat at this time of year before!
Nice, what kind of food do they have there?

And yeah, I'm definitely not a morning person. If I could get up at noon every day I would happy lol and yeah I get you about the short afternoon...you also have to remember that it's almost November though, and even in the deep tropics you get shorter days this time of year and a shorter lasting higher sun angle.

As much as Miami sucks, I guess I should be thankful that we at least get a relatively "comfortable season" here. The climate of Bangkok looks like absolute hell to me, would never enjoy that climate.

And I am a cold lover, but I don't mind heat in summer, so I don't mind June-August so much here, it's when it's already hot in March/April and it's still hot in November when I get super pissed. I really do despise the climate here outside of summer.

At least here, it's cooled off noticeably since summer (you'd be surprised how moderate 28 C with an 18 C dew point feels after our summers)! lol, especially with all the wind we've had lately.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Depends on the activity, lots of people here do wear pants/hoodie no matter what the weather's like for everyday stuff like going to school (for fashion, not "skin protection"). I've even seen a woman wearing a down jacket at 31C before! You kinda get used to the heat I guess. It's 74F (23.5C) here now at 2:00 P.M and it feels kind of chilly with the wind lol.
Why is it so much cooler down there? Has been hovering at 80-83 F here.

To answer irlinit's question, yes there's idiots down here who think "fashion" is more important than getting a heat stroke so even on 33 C days they were thick, black sweaters or even a scarf or something. Morons. But the grand majority of people are in light clothing.

I don't wear anything besides a very light t-shirt and basketball shorts from May-October here (and about 80% of the time in the other six months) the only time I bring out pants or a hoodie is when a cold snap occurs.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Why is it so much cooler down there? Has been hovering at 80-83 F here.

To answer irlinit's question, yes there's idiots down here who think "fashion" is more important than getting a heat stroke so even on 33 C days they were thick, black sweaters or even a scarf or something. Morons. But the grand majority of people are in light clothing.

I don't wear anything besides a very light t-shirt and basketball shorts from May-October here (and about 80% of the time in the other six months) the only time I bring out pants or a hoodie is when a cold snap occurs.
That's at MIA. It's 76.6F at my house.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
That's at MIA. It's 76.6F at my house.
I know, but even when you posted it was 76 F at MIA it was 83 F here in HWO.....why the **** is it so much cooler down in Dade right now?

Old 10-27-2016, 12:33 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Still, why not get up at 5-5:30 am then?
Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind do that?
to have more daylight in their day

Old 10-27-2016, 01:31 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
to have more daylight in their day
Not really practical for most people though given the typical workday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather