Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 12:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times

Advertisements

It's possible the Tories will win over every socioeconomic group this year, and actually some polls have indicated that Labour will get better results with the highest group (AB) than the lowest (DE) which would be pretty ridiculous. But this is when the Tories had a 25-point lead over Labour, which always seemed a bit silly.

It's also possible that most of the Tories' gains will be from the SNP rather than Labour. Labour might even gain a few seats, like Leeds North West and Sheffield Hallam (bye bye Clegg).

Old 06-08-2017, 12:52 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Cameron was socially liberal, but very elitist in an economic sense.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:53 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Poorer voters generally side with Labour for economic reasons, but there is a growing disconnect when it comes to other issues, especially with the white working class. The Brexit referendum was a stark illustration of this.
Sounds like the case here, Hillary did terrible with the white working class. Which is understandable, she was a very flawed candidate

Old 06-08-2017, 12:59 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Cameron was socially liberal, but very elitist in an economic sense.
I like that May has a "normal" background than Cameron, who seemed Bush-like his family background. George Bush joke once "This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base". I noticed Jeremy Corbyn never graduated from a university is that unusual for an major politician? It would be here.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I like that May has a "normal" background than Cameron, who seemed Bush-like his family background. George Bush joke once "This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base". I noticed Jeremy Corbyn never graduated from a university is that unusual for an major politician? It would be here.
He failed his exams iirc, but still comes from a wealthy family.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:08 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
Realized I didn't respond to this post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
French and German always sound like someone is reprimanding you lmao. France is a gorgeous country and Paris is a very beautiful and romantic place, but I wish you guys spoke Italian. I will say this though, French girls are smoking hot.
Lol reprimanding, yeah it does sound harsh compared to Spanish and Italian. Here' a an Andrea Bocelli song featuring a French female singer, and the 100% Italian version. Wich one sounds softer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpAgfw4j5SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6MhjhMtq7s

Quote:
What artists do you like btw from salsa, bachata and merengue?
Some of these might not be classified as either genre and only related but anyway Compay Segundo, Juan Luis Guerra, Ibrahim Ferrer, Berna Jam, Nemours Jean-Baptiste, Orquesta de la Luz, La Perfecta, Faustino Oramas, Habana con Kola, Sierra Maestra...

Quote:
And my trip was amazing, I enjoyed it very much! I really loved Croatia a lot, gorgeous country with beautiful women. Italy and Germany were great too. Athens I didn't like too much though, it was very run-down and dirty with graffiti everywhere. It seemed more like a Middle Eastern city than a European one (not that surprising, Greece isn't very far from the Middle East).
Got the same comment about Athens from my mother. She loves Greece and noticed a change between before and after the crisis in Athens, obviously not much difference if any in the islands. It gives off a less chaotic vibe than Naples and Palermo on streetview though. Anyway sounds like a great trip, nice diversity in destinations!

Quote:
Another thing I enjoyed was how cheap alcohol was. You can get quite drunk in Greece and Croatia with just ten Euros.
I'm assuming you're talking about drinking out? Ten euros worth of reasonably cheap vodka gets you ****faced anywhere but maybe Norway.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:15 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Greece is extremely cheap. You don't need 1,500 Euros for crying out loud unless you're trying to be treated like a princess. Do you only go on vacations to stay in your luxury 5-star hotel and not wander outside a single time or what?
Lmao!! 1,500 euros... oh sorry £1,500 which is even more money, that is simply ridiculous. I don't know how long Owen is planning on going to Greece for, but you're right it's dirt cheap. I went a couple of years ago and spent £300 on flights and a hotel together for a week at the start of July. I spent under 200 euros whilst I was there as well eating out everyday and drinking quite a bit, so really the sums Owen is thinking up are truly horse sh*t - I flew with Thomson too

I remember that week as it was insanely hot, they were having a heatwave and it was 34-40C every day with 24C+ lows and dew points peaking at 27C It felt like a jungle at night and was the hottest heat I have ever felt, including Asia - simply because the humidity was in addition to cloudless skies all week, no relief or shade at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Im planning to spend 900-1200 AUD in thailand for month in July. Travelling cheap is easy. Also climate will be sick, lots of rain and storms. Already the monsoon is more powerful than average.
Yeah that's a reasonable estimate, in fact you could easily get by on way less than that depending on what you want to do. I travelled to SE Asia with my gf though so hotels were about £10-£15/night for decent rooms with a/c, honestly you can get very good rooms on certain websites if you look in advance and some even have decent pools for that price. A/C was a must though and worth the money. Food costs about £1 per dish if you stick to street food (which is the best) and beer is £1 from the 7-11 stores for a big 600ml Chang

Old 06-08-2017, 01:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
In New York if you go to the bars its gonna take way more than $10 to get drunk. I think 4Loko is the cheapest way to get drunk here

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Coming to Sweden soon Alex?

I need you to kick the so-called street thugs in Brandkärr's asses

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
May was a vicar's daughter who was raised in nice areas of the English countryside. She had quite an idyllic upbringing, but certainly nothing compared to Cameron, who was practically an aristocrat.

It's funny, Bush was actually good at connecting with voters from humble backgrounds because he had a kind of John Wayne thing going on. David Cameron on the other hand was just far too posh to connect with the common man. His attempts to do so were cringe-worthy, he had a "call me Dave" slogan and pretended to support Premier League soccer teams, but often got them mixed up with each other

Corbyn came from a relatively wealthy background. Not going to university is not unheard of, but it puts him in the minority in terms of major party leaders. Off the top of my head I know that John Major, who was Prime Minister in the 90's, didn't attend university, neither did Nigel Farage. I know in America the traditional ways to rise up to president are careers in law, business, or the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather