Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate: Stereotypical Seattle
A 4 17.39%
B 1 4.35%
C 1 4.35%
D 5 21.74%
F 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 PM

2,116 posts, read 1,715,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
That sounds like typical anecdotal evidence rubbish.
I've read it from other people on this forum who have lived in western WA their whole life as well although I never bothered to look up historical data to see if it's actually true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 07:47 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,315,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
I've read it from other people on this forum who have lived in western WA their whole life as well although I never bothered to look up historical data to see if it's actually true.
It probably isn't. 90% of the time the average Joe bases things off "memory", it's probably BS.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:18 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,156,213 times
F. Utter garbage.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:27 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,272,122 times
I dont know, usually when I think of Seattle I think of eternal sweater weather (between 12 and 18c) year round

Old 07-21-2016, 08:30 PM

29,845 posts, read 18,685,324 times
Sorry but that climate data OP posted is not even close to being correct. This is much closer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle#Climate

Vancouver's weather is very similar to Seattle and is actually a bit cooler and wetter.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:33 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,315,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sorry but that climate data OP posted is not even close to being correct. This is much closer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle#Climate

Vancouver's weather is very similar to Seattle and is actually a bit cooler and wetter.
He was speaking of "Stereotypical" Seattle. Not real Seattle. It's completely made up data.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:50 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,310,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with that picture, there's a certain stark beauty to that that a sunny day doesn't have. I would like those conditions in early fall (late September until mid October or so).
I agree with this completely .I dont think people understand why some floridians look at cooler climates lustily at times, I know last year was an anomaly and not representative but I went to halloween parties before the florida/ georgia game last year at my sisters restaurant in tampa last year and was just pouring sweat under my mask, it was in the 90's/32c and high 80s into november! Last year really got to me

By college football season and especially october I am ready for some really cool nights, even all the games at my alma mater florida at gainesville were in the very high 80's/30c into november and even in the 90s in november after the game in jacksonville. .I know last year was crazy but I really think florida is a paradise in certain months but living here year round can get to you.

Some of these half backers who move to north carolina or rich atlanta and texan people who live in destin and seaside half the year or snowbirds that head back to canada or northerners who live might be on to something. it pisses me off when I see half empty stadiums and more fans for boston or cowboys or yankees in the stands but the florida heat can get to you after a while. Would be perfect to have this as a home for alot of the year but somewhere cooler when you need a break

Old 07-21-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
but the florida heat can get to you after a while.
The heat in the southern US was a complete shock for me when I went down there after enlisting in military. Having lived in New England my entire life I literally never felt anything like it. Felt hard to breath. My allergies were also 10x worse it seemed.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:23 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,310,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
The heat in the southern US was a complete shock for me when I went down there after enlisting in military. Having lived in New England my entire life I literally never felt anything like it. Felt hard to breath. My allergies were also 10x worse it seemed.

Were you in fort benning or parris island? The military seems to have some brutal bases for basic training in certain months in the summer in the south.

I have the same problem with certain trees and certain times of the year with allergies, actually in the nicer months like spring, tons of pollen ,but I love spring time in the south with all the stuff in bloom . I definitely think the heat is getting worse in certain months in the summer and summer seems longer, but the gorgeous warm water beaches and all the amazing gardening , citrus and palms and vegetation and mild winter compensates for the hot summers. I just want a break once in awhile ,i wouldnt change the gulf stream and the palms and beautiful beaches for anything but I just get so tired of the heat by late september/ october. I am really ready to see it go by september

Even june has been bad lately but ihe summer is when the sea temps get in the 80s and the beach is amazing. I just dont want to see the heat and even humidity into october, its disgusting to have mid to high 80s/29-31c into fall when you are expecting cooler temps

Old 07-21-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
parris island?
Here and yep during the summer right after I graduated high school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather