Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,501,903 times

Advertisements

All locations in Södermanland County, and several on the road between Eureka and Willow Creek would be my first response. I find the latter so interesting the vast differences in daytime temp in such a narrow distance and where exactly on top of the mountain the temp shifts so drastically. I'd also love to see a weather station in a suburb there is in SE Eureka that appears to be sheltered just a little bit from the ocean to see whether August highs are 21C or thereabouts there.

Also, every single city of serious size in Sweden should have one and not on some farafield airports. My nearest airport Skavsta (station closed now) is completely unsuited to report any values for the coastal region some 5-10 miles south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 03:28 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,539,748 times
More downtown stations or, as Lommaren said, actually inside the main city.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
More downtown stations or, as Lommaren said, actually inside the main city.
Yes Umeå, Skellefteå and Luleå downtown stations would be fabulous additions

Not to mention Örnsköldsvik, Sollefteå, Kiruna inner city, then farther south Nyköping, Södertälje, Katrineholm, Karlskoga, Norrtälje, Öregrund, Lysekil, Örebro downtown, Trelleborg and finally I think Gotland's interior (Roma) and Fårö Island are due stations!

Your Swedish wishlist?

Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,539,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Yes Umeå, Skellefteå and Luleå downtown stations would be fabulous additions

Not to mention Örnsköldsvik, Sollefteå, Kiruna inner city, then farther south Nyköping, Södertälje, Katrineholm, Karlskoga, Norrtälje, Öregrund, Lysekil, Örebro downtown, Trelleborg and finally I think Gotland's interior (Roma) and Fårö Island are due stations!

Your Swedish wishlist?
My Swedish wishlist is actually mostly more stations with complete data from Kalmar and southward. Karlskrona for example has averaged over 2000h for the last 10 years if I'm not mistaken, but that station is very coastal, and so I'd like to have the temps for that station and also temps+sun a bit inland. I think some of the best climates in Sweden could be around Blekinge and Skåne, like Kristianstad or somewhere similar, yet they have very few good stations. Only complete stations are around Malmö.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
My Swedish wishlist is actually mostly more stations with complete data from Kalmar and southward. Karlskrona for example has averaged over 2000h for the last 10 years if I'm not mistaken, but that station is very coastal, and so I'd like to have the temps for that station and also temps+sun a bit inland. I think some of the best climates in Sweden could be around Blekinge and Skåne, like Kristianstad or somewhere similar, yet they have very few good stations. Only complete stations are around Malmö.
Svedala or Sjöbo would be quite interesting!

I agree about Karlskrona, it feels like some sort of UHI could be seen there too with that peninsular environment with buildings everywhere. Probably is the second warmest July high southern city after Lund because of it.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:14 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Oulu and Jyväskylä inner cities.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,568,172 times
Inner-city Karasjok should have a weather station.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:25 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Which places around the world do you really wish had Official Weather Stations for reporting and keeping stats?

I'd love to see one in Times Square, that's my number one wish right now. I bet the UHI at that station would be monstrous, even moreso than LaGuardia or Newark

Do you mean an automatic station or a manned where someone can go outside and measure and keep snow stats there?

I wish Litchfield County, CT had some.. Notice the north-south gap from Pittsfield, MA to Danbury, CT None in between.

In fact anywhere within my circle would be nice to see one.

Another spot would be all mountain summits of the Appalachians

Old 01-09-2017, 04:53 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,003,276 times
It would be good to have some weather stations on parts of Patagonia,there are interesting very cold climates there.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
This is so creepy. Because I wanted to ask this question today when it came to the Australian town, Jindabyne and why the hell it never had its own station. For starters, it's a rather prominent town that had movies filmed there and songs written about it.

Also, places around Faulconbridge in Blue Mountains. They border the Sydney metropolitan areas of Penrith and Richmond (the hottest Sydney suburbs), but they're around 300m higher. I would always wonder how warm or cool they would be.

Last edited by Ethereal; 01-09-2017 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather