Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 11:04 AM

7,503 posts, read 6,285,226 times

Advertisements

Not sure. It goes from having two feet some years to nothing at all some other years. But even during the super mild 2013/2014 we managed to get like half a foot in late january. This year we really have no precipitation whatsoever, so all the cold can not do much. I am quite concerned about drought actually. I don't remember seeing any rain since I came back from christmas vacation three weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,188,317 times
Quote:
I am quite concerned about drought actually. I don't remember seeing any rain since I came back from christmas vacation three weeks ago
Indeed. So far we are at barely 6mm in December and 26mm in January. It's probably fine at these low temperatures.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:17 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,784,549 times
I like Mediteranean climates but I do have problems with them. One is that summers are too hot, another is that summers don't have enough humidity. And finally I find most Mediteranean climates too dry. They could use more rain all seasons, I like wet wet wet climates.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:54 AM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I like Mediteranean climates but I do have problems with them. One is that summers are too hot, another is that summers don't have enough humidity. And finally I find most Mediteranean climates too dry. They could use more rain all seasons, I like wet wet wet climates.
Not all Mediterranean climates have low humidity, coastal areas & Islands get high humidity. In Malta during the summer & first part of autumn is it very humid & oppressive with dewpoints here at the coast reaching the mid to high 20'sC/mid 70's to low 80'sF...

Not all Med climates have hot summers either, the main defining point is the dry summers...

Old 01-26-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Not all Mediterranean climates have low humidity, coastal areas & Islands get high humidity. In Malta during the summer & first part of autumn is it very humid & oppressive with dewpoints here at the coast reaching the mid to high 20'sC/mid 70's to low 80'sF...

Not all Med climates have hot summers either, the main defining point is the dry summers...
I'm aware of that. The problem with Malta is that while I like how humid summers are, they are too hot. I do wonder if there's such a Meditterean climate which has cooler but humid summers.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
I'm aware of that. The problem with Malta is that while I like how humid summers are, they are too hot. I do wonder if there's such a Meditterean climate which has cooler but humid summers.
Yeah, coastal California. Avg daytime humidity in San Diego in August is around 60% (high temp 77°/dewpoint 61°)

Old 01-26-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yeah, coastal California. Avg daytime humidity in San Diego in August is around 60% (high temp 77°/dewpoint 61°)
I should have also said that which has a decent amount of rain, at least 1000mm. Which San Diego doensn't.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:31 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
I prefer this most times rather than the Oceanic monotony.
:
I think monotony is a feature of geography as much as climate. My oceanic area has a variety of looks -dense subtropical bush, semi arid, rainforest. grasslands and alpine zones, all within two hours.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,617,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
yeah, and we're expected to come back to the classic 2/6c days next week with fog, the usual december crap. I'm really tired for all this potential for cold and no precipitation at all. This climate is so frustrating sometime.

At least all this dry weather is comfortable, today was 4c but it felt quite mild.

Those pictures of Spain look badass. I really want to visit arid places like these, they are fascinating.

And the lush areas of northern Spain above look a bit like New Zealand. Well, I guess.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think monotony is a feature of geography as much as climate. My oceanic area has a variety of looks -dense subtropical bush, semi arid, rainforest. grasslands and alpine zones, all within two hours.
I was talking about Oceanic Europe. NZ is another life.

Quote:
What about this one? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cádiz#Climate

Old 01-26-2017, 02:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
I totally love the Med climates, but if I can't get that, I'll gladly take our Sunshine Coast climate (even though it's listed at Humid Subtropical) It' great, a tad warmer in winter than Med but that's fine by me. My only "gripe" is it's on the wetter side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather