Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times

Advertisements

My Summer Car has weather, but it doesn't effect the gameplay other than the visibility.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 06:11 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Mostly the getting killed by lightning thing if you have metal weapons. But it also has some other little cool things. Non playable characters run inside when it starts to rain. You can sneak up on enemies easier in the rain because it is masking the sound of your footsteps. There's parts of the game made harder by rain too. I was climbing and slipped because it started raining. I had to wait for it to pass.
I ordered a switch and am waiting for it to arrive. My roommate downloaded the game on Wii U but I am avoiding watching him play because I don't want spoilers He told me that if you go up to the mountains you have to wear warmer clothing or you will lose hearts from the cold. Now that's a cool dynamic!

Old 04-01-2017, 02:08 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
A little update but; I finally got Breath of the Wild and the weather features are really cool! Not only do they affect atmosphere and game play but its quite realistic. The way the wind blows, and the fact you can actually see what temperature it is outside. And when it gets cold enough you even see your breath.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:54 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
A little update but; I finally got Breath of the Wild and the weather features are really cool! Not only do they affect atmosphere and game play but its quite realistic. The way the wind blows, and the fact you can actually see what temperature it is outside. And when it gets cold enough you even see your breath.
I've been playing theHunter: Call of the Wild, alright weather effects there as well, though of course sped up, and every day guaranteed to see pouring rain in Germany's October.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:30 PM

650 posts, read 450,295 times
I was playing through Metal Gear Solid 4 again and I noticed they had a weather monitor for each location that tells you the temperature, wind speed, and relative humidity. ACT 1 takes place in a location based on Morocco and it is warm and sunny. Around 24-26C/75-79F. ACT 2 takes place in a location based on Peru. Morning temperatures were around 20C/68F IIRC, and it went up to 24C or so with high humidity. ACT 3 was a cold night in Prague. Started with 4C temperatures and light rain, then I assume a few hours later it is down to freezing to -2C with the rain ending.

The weirdest location was Shadow Moses Island. Takes place in or near the Fox Islands. The weather was a blizzard with 40+ mph winds with temperatures of -27C/-18F. That makes the wind chills below -40 actually. Yet, being out in the blizzard really doesn't do much to you. In fact, being out in the sweltering Morocco 26C dry heat has about the same effect as the -40 wind chills in Alaska. Mind you, the main character was wearing the same clothing in both situations as well.

Furthermore, when I played Madden 09, I decided to relocate a team or two. It had September weather averages and December weather averages for each city you could relocate to. There were obvious errors for some cities. I think San Jose had summers similar to Houston. I think Toronto was as cold as Winnipeg in December. It had Salt Lake City in December with a Las Vegas-esque winter. I will probably play through again so I can give specifics as I don't really remember everything lol. I will update later.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:01 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and its dandy afternoon thunderstorms.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
I used to play Colin McRae Rallye like 15 years ago and sometimes it was very stereotypically british. Lots of races in deep woods with heavy rain and puddles everywhere. It was pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather