Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 05:41 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,949,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
That's precisely what I did one day. I worked as long as I could tolerance it, and then promptly quit. My experience was the same. The decision to quit was a great one, in retrospect. Coincidentally,I ended up working at a warehouse afterwards, which was a much more enjoyable job. Now I'm doing much better in a different industry. I feel financially secure enough that I'm contemplating getting my own apartment.
Yeah dude, I started looking for some new jobs today and will continue to do so. Let's see how much this sh*tty uni degree is really worth

Old 07-27-2017, 05:47 AM

1,363 posts, read 790,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Yeah dude, I started looking for some new jobs today and will continue to do so. Let's see how much this sh*tty uni degree is really worth
Mine wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Biggest regret and biggest waste of money and time in my life.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:18 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,500,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Mine wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Biggest regret and biggest waste of money and time in my life.
Masters degree or you're Moderator cut: language in Sweden. Having said that: without a bachelor you're going nowhere either. The "uneducated jobs" market is way larger in Australia than here which is why Sydney is invaded by Swedish drunk youngsters

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2017 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,354,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Masters degree or you're f*cked in Sweden. Having said that: without a bachelor you're going nowhere either. The "uneducated jobs" market is way larger in Australia than here which is why Sydney is invaded by Swedish drunk youngsters
I can't even finish normal degree let alone doing master degree.

But I know that even if I finish normal degree, there will be no jobs except cleaning the toilets.

I have no intention of doing master degree. Only finishing my univeristy. Normal degree.

I regret that I choosed chemistry. It is so difficult.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2017 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,316,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Masters degree or you're f*cked in Sweden. Having said that: without a bachelor you're going nowhere either. The "uneducated jobs" market is way larger in Australia than here which is why Sydney is invaded by Swedish drunk youngsters
Bachelor's Degree is a necessity nowadays. Fortunately I have very little left to go. After that NO MORE UPSTATE NY WOOOO FREEDOM AT LAST GOODBYE YOU FROZEN SUBARCTIC TUNDRA HELLHOLE

Old 07-27-2017, 06:46 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,500,777 times
I've heard reports that you were going to build an igloo in Binghampton from which you'd run the largest Latina-dating website in the world?

What a stunning shock this turned out to be then

Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,949,270 times
Quote:
I didn't even do something that I liked as it turned out.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:03 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,354,201 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16kUTXrxAo

Old 07-27-2017, 07:06 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,354,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Quote:
The problem with a lot of jobs nowadays, at least here in the U.S., is that they're exclusively looking for people with 900 years of experience, making it especially tough for recent college grads to find jobs. Companies are getting too lazy for training new employees and don't understand that someone can't get experience if no one hires them. Makes me wonder if finishing my degree is even worth it. Sometimes I feel like I should just do a trade (like mechanic, electrician, etc) since that seems to be more practical and doesn't require 600 years of experience, plus many more job openings in those type of fields.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2017 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 07-27-2017, 07:14 AM

1,363 posts, read 790,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
The problem with a lot of jobs nowadays, at least here in the U.S., is that they're exclusively looking for people with 900 years of experience, making it especially tough for recent college grads to find jobs. Companies are getting too lazy for training new employees and don't understand that someone can't get experience if no one hires them. Makes me wonder if finishing my degree is even worth it. Sometimes I feel like I should just do a trade (like mechanic, electrician, etc) since that seems to be more practical and doesn't require 600 years of experience, plus many more job openings in those type of fields.
Identical situation in Australia. Unless you know someone, are lucky enough to be born into a well-off family, have family/friend connections , you are going to be on unemployment. The $15,000 signed paper and the graduate cap are worth less than a bag of frozen fries from the supermarket freezer. Hindsight as always is 20/20

Honestly dude, if you can quit uni without financial penalty, I'd do it if I were you, and do your Uber driving while you think about what you really want and how to achieve gainful employment with it. If only I can be 18 again....

Hell, the Uber sounds like a sweet gig, good pay, you set your hours, out on the road, not stuck in one place being analysed every second. Just keep doing that man.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2017 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Orphaned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.