Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 10:20 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,196 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJUw...&feature=share

Old 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
It never ceases to amaze me how much cheaper gas is here in New Jersey compared to a short drive over in Pennsylvania. I was just over there for a certain matter. I wasn't too far from Delasandro's (cheesesteak) place in Philadelphia, and I contemplating stopping by to get a cheesesteak. But I figured I would have needed more gas because it was still maybe around 30-40 minutes out of my way (both ways). I thought nah. I'd rather get gas in New Jersey.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:31 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how much cheaper gas is here in New Jersey compared to a short drive over in Pennsylvania. I was just over there for a certain matter. I wasn't too far from Delasandro's (cheesesteak) place in Philadelphia, and I contemplating stopping by to get a cheesesteak. But I figured I would have needed more gas because it was still maybe around 30-40 minutes out of my way (both ways). I thought nah. I'd rather get gas in New Jersey.
Not nearly as cheap as it used to be, unfortunately. Used to fill up over there when it was roughly 30 cents cheaper per gallon compared to here, but now prices there are comparable to ours.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:34 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Not nearly as cheap as it used to be, unfortunately. Used to fill up over there when it was roughly 30 cents cheaper per gallon compared to here, but now prices there are comparable to ours.
Probably not economical with the bridge tolls, no? Unless you were in NJ on other business in the first place, of course...

It's been cheaper in New Jersey than in Pennsylvania as long as I can remember. And this is even in spite of the extra cost in New Jersey of full-service being required.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:45 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Another sh*t weekend weather-wise

I am sick of the UK, I need to live somewhere hot, it pains me that places like Budapest will see 38C/25C days next week just 3-4 degrees lower in latitude when we've had two weeks of cool, cloudy temperatures below average

Once again eastern Europe getting the heat at our expense, June was good for here but still another summer month with below average sunshine. I will be relocating to somehwere with a minimum summer mean of 26C as soon as I can

Old 07-30-2017, 12:39 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Probably not economical with the bridge tolls, no? Unless you were in NJ on other business in the first place, of course...

It's been cheaper in New Jersey than in Pennsylvania as long as I can remember. And this is even in spite of the extra cost in New Jersey of full-service being required.
Of course. It costs a small fortune to get to and from Jersey from here, between the bridges and the excess number of toll roads within Jersey, it's highway robbery in the literal sense. The cheaper gas was simply a bonus, but now it's gone.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:13 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post

I am sick of the UK, I need to live somewhere hot, it pains me that places like Budapest will see 38C/25C days next week just 3-4 degrees lower in latitude when we've had two weeks of cool, cloudy temperatures below average

Once again eastern Europe getting the heat at our expense, June was good for here but still another summer month with below average sunshine. I will be relocating to somehwere with a minimum summer mean of 26C as soon as I can
Budapest is generally much warmer in summer anyway, and they certainly get way more extremes over there, as well as more sun and being much drier. The Wikipedia averages are out of date now too. Their July is something like 28C/18.5C for the last 30 years.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:06 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post

I wouldn't say no to a high of 40*C. That'd be enjoyable but later, the weather should turn back to normal.

(In Izmit, a high of 40*C would come with humidity so heat index would be hotter).

Old 07-30-2017, 02:27 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Budapest is generally much warmer in summer anyway, and they certainly get way more extremes over there, as well as more sun and being much drier. The Wikipedia averages are out of date now too. Their July is something like 28C/18.5C for the last 30 years.
Yeah it always seems pretty nice over there in summer - very good for the latitude.

I'm fed up with our climate, I really need to live somewhere with reliably warm and sunny summers and decent shoulder seasons at the very least. Our heating has come on a few mornings in the past two weeks (living at my parents who aren't very cold tolerant)

Just to have the chance of reaching 40C in summer would be fantastic. Even 30C is rare enough here which sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
I wouldn't say no to a high of 40*C. That'd be enjoyable but later, the weather should turn back to normal.

(In Izmit, a high of 40*C would come with humidity so heat index would be hotter).
I'd love a 40C day

Old 07-30-2017, 03:11 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I drank a martini yesterday and then went to a carnival with rollercoasters and rides that flip you upside down, so you can imagine how well that went felt like vomiting at the end, I couldn't go to the last three rides
Lol I did reverse bungee once while drunk. Didn't vomit, but I don't remember anything from that evening after getting on the ride. I did bungee jumping yesterday at a fun fair after a heavy meal, then a capriolo ride. The girl next to me puked, what a horrible ride it must have been for her, as you've got a sorta helmet over your head holding all that puke and probably the smell too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather