Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When?
1-15 May 1 1.85%
16-31 May 10 18.52%
1-15 June 13 24.07%
16-30 June 14 25.93%
1 July or later 16 29.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I've lost track of this conversation, but I believe it began with the claim that summers in SE England are practically the same, etc as summers in many parts of the NZ. The stats backed this up, so instead you began trying to claim that NZ summers are clearly superior because some Brits told you so.
No, you gotten it quite wrong -I said that despite similar (or even warmer summers in the UK), British immigrants overwhelmingly prefer the summer to here, and that there that might be some factor not related to temperature alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 12:55 PM

5,731 posts, read 3,511,959 times
The only thing I've learned from this thread is that there are actually no accurate weather forecasts available for the UK. Weather Online, Met Office, BBC, AccuWeather are all flawed according to various posts here.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:57 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
No, you gotten it quite wrong -I said that despite similar (or even warmer summers in the UK), British immigrants overwhelmingly prefer the summer to here, and that there that might be some factor not related to temperature alone
But what's the point of regularly sharing those views unless you're trying to make some kind of point? The point would be that you are trying to suggest that NZ in general has superior summers to anywhere in Britain, while only making allowances for places such as Invercargill, which has worse summers than parts of Scotland.

The factor that probably makes them enjoy it more is the better scenery. Or if they live somewhere like Hastings, but definitely not places like Wellington and Dunedin.

Last edited by Razza94; 05-23-2017 at 01:08 PM..

Old 05-23-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
The only thing I've learned from this thread is that there are actually no accurate weather forecasts available for the UK. Weather Online, Met Office, BBC, AccuWeather are all flawed according to various posts here.
The UK is a notoriously difficult place to forecast.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
But what's the point of regularly sharing those views unless you're trying to make some kind of point? The point would be that you are trying to suggest that NZ in general has superior summers to anywhere in Britain, while only making allowances for places such as Invercargill, which has a worse summers than parts of Scotland.

The factor that probably makes them enjoy it more is the better scenery.Or if they live somewhere like Hastings, but definitely not places like Wellington and Dunedin.
What's the point of being on this forum?

I haven't suggested NZ has superior summers -the discussion grew out a comment by Chicagogeorge made regarding non summers. tom77falcons responded with a comment about anecdotes, and it grew from there.

I do think NZ has superior summers, but that isn't the point I'm trying to make -if you go back to page 27 and read on from there, all will become clear.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
What's the point of being on this forum?

I haven't suggested NZ has superior summers -the discussion grew out a comment by Chicagogeorge made regarding non summers. tom77falcons responded with a comment about anecdotes, and it grew from there.

I do think NZ has superior summers, but that isn't the point I'm trying to make -if you go back to page 27 and read on from there, all will become clear.
Point made. Thank you.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Point made. Thank you.
No point has been made. I'm just stating what I think in response to your previous post..

If you can show me that claim anywhere in the last few pages, then I would like like to see it.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Well some are fairly accurate, but only a few days out. I don't think any weather service anywhere can accurately forecast 10-14 days out...

Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 PM

29,521 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
-the discussion grew out a comment by Chicagogeorge made regarding non summers.
I never made a comment regarding non summers. I laughed what I consider to be sensationalizing from a BBC tweet calling 26C "heat".

Old 05-23-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I never made a comment regarding non summers. I laughed what I consider to be sensationalizing from a BBC tweet calling 26C "heat".
True. My response was to your thread, and was referring to the non summer/springlike terminology that sometimes gets used in such discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather