Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 03:12 PM

7,503 posts, read 6,286,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
There are few ways of define the rainfall variability, however judging based on looking the map, seems like they meant how the precipitation pattern distributed throughout the year in average. (Higher value of number = evenly distributed / lower value of number = tend to concentrated in specific season; late autumn to winter most case for southeastern France and coastal areas of Bretagne)
ah yeah, did not think about that at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 03:36 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,369,229 times
why have they included the UK on their sunshine chart ,the UK isn't in France - and they given UK the wrong readings for the south coast ? 1500 odd instead of 1900 odd . Cheeky garlic munchers

Old 07-16-2017, 03:37 PM

699 posts, read 368,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
why have they included the UK on their sunshine chart ,the UK isn't in France - and they given UK the wrong readings for the south coast ? 1500 odd instead of 1900 odd . Cheeky garlic munchers
LOL Garlic munchers

Old 07-16-2017, 04:12 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,728,455 times
The map is interpolated from French values only. You guys are at least as self-centered as us I swear!

Old 07-16-2017, 11:32 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,566 times
Thanks for posting this! This is a very interesting series of maps you posted.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:20 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,595,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Yes. If the Riviera averaged 4000+ mm / year, the landscape would be lusher, to say the least.

It's not really a bubble as one can only assume that it entends over the nearby ocean. It's coastal so sunnier than nearby inland areas to the east, with less summer convection, obviously sunnier than Brittany to its north, but also sunnier than the Basque country to the south and its mountain-induced cloudiness.
Thanks - I though the ocean was probably included. The country to the south is quite cloudy, for sure.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 PM

13 posts, read 8,073 times
Very good and explicative maps .

Old 07-22-2017, 01:19 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,540,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoni-Valencia View Post
Hi, your maps are very interesting, can you give me permission to record them and put them in a Spanish-speaking forum? With much pleasure I can put the link to your original publication

I have traveled to the south of France near the border with Spain and on the coast the landscape is quite arid, it reminds me of Castellon .. I did not expect so much precipitation (500-600mm) but probably the summer is very dry and that is why Vegetation, right?

I've also been surprised by the sunshine hours, wow, France is sunnier than I thought!
It's not exactly "his maps" so you're not stealing them from him. Go ahead.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM

2,651 posts, read 3,406,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoni-Valencia View Post
Hi, your maps are very interesting, can you give me permission to record them and put them in a Spanish-speaking forum? With much pleasure I can put the link to your original publication

I have traveled to the south of France near the border with Spain and on the coast the landscape is quite arid, it reminds me of Castellon .. I did not expect so much precipitation (500-600mm) but probably the summer is very dry and that is why Vegetation, right?

I've also been surprised by the sunshine hours, wow, France is sunnier than I thought!
As what Baba said, you don't have to get my permission but please make sure to put the link where's the original contents are from, the copyright's belongs to them.
http://climatedata.e-monsite.com/pag...rtotheque.html

Old 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,458 times
Hi these maps are GREAT, my husband really is fixated on living in Brittany, keep telling him I am not sure I can deal with this much rain and gray. We explored all over a good deal of France, just about everywhere we went was incredible, but as I sit typing this, with the wind howling outside and it getting rather chilly inside (southern Brittney) I showed him just one of your maps. Am keeping the page up to show him in the morning.

Is there a map here that shows the regions and cities so you can compare and figure out where the areas are ? An overlay map would be fantastic so you could see just where it is you would like to be.

But my many thanks go to the people who created these wonderful maps, as much as I wanted to be on the coast, not sure I can handle the rainy weather, especially as we like rocky coasts and inlets and further south seems to have nice flat sandy beaches. Coming from Florida we do not want the heat in the south so are looking for something more temperate but as much as I like Brittany I think it is too gray for me. I heard there is a golden triangle south of us - and I am pretty sure I can see it on these maps!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather