Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 05:06 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times

Advertisements

Best: USA

Worst: Singapore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 05:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Please, don't fight, let's all be nice towards each other
Yo, this the Internet sistah! We're supposed to fight!

Old 09-09-2017, 05:41 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Easy tiger, don't call me 'dude' it makes you look stupid, I couldn't give a **** whether YOU care about my opinion, yet an opinion I have, I am not throwing a 'tantrum' that would be you. The fact is anybody that includes such a benign climate like the UK's or Irelands in their 'worlds worst weather' list don't know what they are talking about, tell me you would prefer a climate that KILLS you and I will call you a liar.
You can't just allow people to have different opinions than you? You don't need so get so bent out of shape about someone disliking a climate.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:10 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Easy tiger, don't call me 'dude' it makes you look stupid, I couldn't give a **** whether YOU care about my opinion, yet an opinion I have, I am not throwing a 'tantrum' that would be you. The fact is anybody that includes such a benign climate like the UK's or Irelands in their 'worlds worst weather' list don't know what they are talking about, tell me you would prefer a climate that KILLS you and I will call you a liar.
Lmao this is gold.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:08 PM

828 posts, read 692,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Micro state countries not allowed? I thought you'd like Malta

Best:
Portugal

Very near:
Chile
Morocco
New Zealand
South Africa
Spain

Worst:
Burkina Faso
Chad
Djibouti
Eritrea (coastal)
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Iran
Kuwait
Malaysia
Mali
Papua New Guinea
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Sierra Leone
Sri Lanka
Thailand

Most other tropical places I haven't mentioned.
Listing Thailand as a worst instantly discredits every other country on your lists...

The best climate of any country that I have visited is Singapore.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:09 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
You can't just allow people to have different opinions than you? You don't need so get so bent out of shape about someone disliking a climate.
Its got nothing to do with 'disliking' a climate, try reading what I have said then get back to me.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Lmao this is gold.
Glad you like it

Old 09-10-2017, 05:13 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,680,097 times
Quote:
Its got nothing to do with 'disliking' a climate, try reading what I have said then get back to me.
Some people prefer "exciting" climates like Yellowknife or Phoenix, than "boring" climates like the UK. Nothing wrong with that

Old 09-10-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Some people prefer "exciting" climates like Yellowknife or Phoenix, than "boring" climates like the UK. Nothing wrong with that
Absolutely, I can understand that but the question wasn't 'what weather do you like or dislike' the question asked was 'what has the worlds best and worst weather', the worlds best weather would be anywhere where the weather is 'pleasant' all year round, conducive to easy living, good for growing crops and somewhere where fresh water is plentiful, the worlds worst weather is weather systems that 'kill' you. In many ways the climate of Western Europe (including the UK and Ireland) is really rather good, because of the Gulf Stream both the UK and Ireland have long growing seasons, water is plentiful, the cold isn't cold enough to cause too many problems and the same can be said of the heat. Personally for me the worlds 'best' weather is in the Med, the worst Arctic or Desert, what I like - again Med or California / South Africa or somewhere like these places, what I dislike anywhere where the temperature drops below freezing in the winter months, of course what I like and dislike is my own personal preferences.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,680,097 times
Quote:
Absolutely, I can understand that but the question wasn't 'what weather do you like or dislike' the question asked was 'what has the worlds best and worst weather', the worlds best weather would be anywhere where the weather is 'pleasant' all year round, conducive to easy living, good for growing crops and somewhere where fresh water is plentiful, the worlds worst weather is weather systems that 'kill' you. In many ways the climate of Western Europe (including the UK and Ireland) is really rather good, because of the Gulf Stream both the UK and Ireland have long growing seasons, water is plentiful, the cold isn't cold enough to cause too many problems and the same can be said of the heat. Personally for me the worlds 'best' weather is in the Med, the worst Arctic or Desert, what I like - again Med or California / South Africa or somewhere like these places, what I dislike anywhere where the temperature drops below freezing in the winter months, of course what I like and dislike is my own personal preferences.
I understand. I think the meaning was implicitely "in our opinion", not objectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather