U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM

133 posts, read 43,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I moved to Phoenix back in 2001 as soon as I got out of high school, to escape the cloudy snowy cold winters of the northeast that I suffered through for 18 years
I have a similar case although my weather preferences are very different. I will be graduating from high school in the Tampa area in May and am only considering colleges in the North, with my preference being Northwestern in the Chicago area. I can't stand heat and my favorite weather is snow, so Florida has one of the worst climates in the country for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

1,538 posts, read 893,436 times
It is interesting to me how some people love the cold or love the heat- makes you wonder what is it about their makeup that causes this. I used to have a theory that depending on the month you were born may influence the climate you prefer- just a dumb theory.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

20,997 posts, read 28,155,667 times
YES!!! Weather was the major reason we moved from Texas to North Carolina last year. And it's been wonderful!!!!!

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

44,667 posts, read 35,417,696 times
Whoa haven’t seen you in a while! Welcome back!

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

11,987 posts, read 3,123,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
It is interesting to me how some people love the cold or love the heat- makes you wonder what is it about their makeup that causes this. I used to have a theory that depending on the month you were born may influence the climate you prefer- just a dumb theory.
Well, I am a cold hater, and was born in December

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM

1,290 posts, read 731,668 times
Yes. Moved to Illinois. Loved the winters, didn't care for the state so I'm back in Alabama for the moment. Plan to move north again though (thinking Minnesota) because I enjoy four seasons and cold winters - hate summer and summer part 2. For the record, I was born and raised in Alabama and I absolutely despise it.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,364,226 times
I'm planning on it. Looking at some more southern mountains. There will still be a cooler winter and perhaps a bit of snow but nothing like I deal with now in CT. Born here and can't wait to leave and enjoy more of the year outside.

I was born in March and never liked winter. Sure, I played outside when I was a kid and still stay outside as much as possible, but all in all, I hate winter.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

152 posts, read 65,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I'm planning on it. Looking at some more southern mountains. There will still be a cooler winter and perhaps a bit of snow but nothing like I deal with now in CT. Born here and can't wait to leave and enjoy more of the year outside.

I was born in March and never liked winter. Sure, I played outside when I was a kid and still stay outside as much as possible, but all in all, I hate winter.
I recommend ashville,nc , in that area or gatllinburg area for you.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

1,546 posts, read 473,726 times
Sure, weather is a major reason to move.
We moved to Hawaii 12 years ago. Weather is really the only reason to move to Hawaii.
We've loved it, but are moving back to California to get mo' different weather. I'm looking forward to wearing sleeves again!

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

2,467 posts, read 1,364,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I recommend ashville,nc , in that area or gatllinburg area for you.

Thanks! I am researching Eastern TN right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather