Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:58 AM

388 posts, read 303,721 times

Advertisements

Yep, we moved to Alaska in part to get away from the horribly hot and humid Massachusetts summers. It was well worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,181,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Well, I am a cold hater, and was born in December

Me too. Live in Florida, born in December, hate anything colder than 50 degrees.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:08 AM

23,000 posts, read 34,281,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Thanks! I am researching Eastern TN right now
We looked into East TN too and decided on Western NC. Do your research and visit all the places you think you might like.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:16 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,194,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We looked into East TN too and decided on Western NC. Do your research and visit all the places you think you might like.
I thought you grew up in North Carolina and then left so you were coming home?

Old 11-16-2017, 11:17 AM

439 posts, read 342,502 times
Yes we moved simply due to weather

Life is so much easier now

I've not heard any coughing as of the last 3 days we've been here

Though there is SO MUCH RAIN we cannot exercise but that's part of the weather

Hoping he can get off this CPAP Machine

Old 11-16-2017, 03:33 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,794,378 times
90% of the reason I moved here from Oregon was the weather and I am 100% certain it was the best thing I ever did. Its made my marriage better and it has improved our health getting outside all the time. Fresh air is a huge benefit to one's health. Also the climate allows for fresh local produce, again a health benefit. I just wanted warm sunshine and didn't anticipate all the other benefits it would bring.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:00 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,281,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I thought you grew up in North Carolina and then left so you were coming home?
No I'm a native Texan. Fell in love with North Carolina in 2000. Moving here last year felt like moving home

Old 11-16-2017, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 1,754 times
Yes, it's definetly very important. For health reasons I had to move to a warm, dry climate and I moved to one of the warmest climates of Europe. Maybe not the warmest but it's dry and has much sunshine so it's perfect for my lungs.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:20 PM

6,320 posts, read 4,784,152 times
Quote:
Did you use weather to change your life by moving?
Hell, yeah.

45 years ago relocated from NYC to Phoenix.Never regretted it for a minute.

Going back for a family reunion second week of Dec. Already not liking the temperature forecast (40s) but, at least, I'll be coming home before the snow.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:02 PM

11,645 posts, read 12,843,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I would say that to be honest with you, that I was,by force,relocated from humid warm temperate/humid subtropical Galveston, Texas to the shockingly cold highly continental and volatile climate of Indianapolis, Indiana, I can still clearly remember my first winter in Indianapolis; it was January of 1994 and that year was among the worst years of my childhood and even among the worst years of my whole life, that first winter was not only a major shock to my system, it was among the most unpleasant experiences in my life due to all of the cold and snow(yeah I know, it’s weird but true, even as a kid I wasn’t a big fan of snow or cold weather), so the bottom line is that I wasn’t born in the Indianapolis area and I sure as hell don’t plan on dying in Indianapolis, as soon or if Life lets me, I plan on eventually leaving Indianapolis and( Hopefully ) relocating back to the Southern United States. Just another tidbit of information about myself, I was born in New Orleans, which is very similar in climate to other gulf coast cities, I.E. Mobile, Alabama, Pensacola, Florida, Beaumont, Texas etc.
Hopefully you do move out. The midwest is a cold version of hell. Never really liked the climate of that region. With that being said, southern US is almost as bad because it's way too hot and humid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather