Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM

994 posts, read 954,041 times

Advertisements

Your ideal dream climate . Nothing would make your life better than living where you're most comfortable. Have you moved simply for this reason? Or atleast 90% of it? How has this decision affected your life? What do you like most about your new perfect climate home ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,179,708 times
I would say that to be honest with you, that I was,by force,relocated from humid warm temperate/humid subtropical Galveston, Texas to the shockingly cold highly continental and volatile climate of Indianapolis, Indiana, I can still clearly remember my first winter in Indianapolis; it was January of 1994 and that year was among the worst years of my childhood and even among the worst years of my whole life, that first winter was not only a major shock to my system, it was among the most unpleasant experiences in my life due to all of the cold and snow(yeah I know, it’s weird but true, even as a kid I wasn’t a big fan of snow or cold weather), so the bottom line is that I wasn’t born in the Indianapolis area and I sure as hell don’t plan on dying in Indianapolis, as soon or if Life lets me, I plan on eventually leaving Indianapolis and( Hopefully ) relocating back to the Southern United States. Just another tidbit of information about myself, I was born in New Orleans, which is very similar in climate to other gulf coast cities, I.E. Mobile, Alabama, Pensacola, Florida, Beaumont, Texas etc.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 PM

Assuming you're 32 years old? Do you have a short term plan to relocate as soon aa possible or just whenever you have a chance in the future?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
Your ideal dream climate . Nothing would make your life better than living where you're most comfortable. Have you moved simply for this reason? Or atleast 90% of it? How has this decision affected your life? What do you like most about your new perfect climate home ?
I moved to Phoenix back in 2001 as soon as I got out of high school, to escape the cloudy snowy cold winters of the northeast that I suffered through for 18 years

Old 11-14-2017, 08:52 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,179,708 times
^^^^^^^^^

I plan on hopefully relocating to Texas after I earn my college degree and am self sufficient

Old 11-14-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I moved to Phoenix back in 2001 as soon as I got out of high school, to escape the cloudy snowy cold winters of the northeast that I suffered through for 18 years
I plan to join you in the near future , >2 years . I lived in Ohio for 27 years of my life now I have lived in South Carolina the past year. South Carolina is better than Ohio in my opinion , but Phoenix is just calling my name . what part of phoenix do you reside in? how is it from where you use to live?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,236,069 times
I would totally move to a mountain location (or higher elevation) if all indicators were right. I am kinda sick of super hot summers and damp cloudy winters.

Maybe if my city was like at 800 m asl this would be perfect. More snow, cooler shoulder seasons, more pleasant summers.

I definitely chose to spend an exchange year in Toronto because of the winter.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:08 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I plan to join you in the near future , >2 years . I lived in Ohio for 27 years of my life now I have lived in South Carolina the past year. South Carolina is better than Ohio in my opinion , but Phoenix is just calling my name . what part of phoenix do you reside in? how is it from where you use to live?
I live in Downtown, right off of 12th St and Washington St. Use the light rail to get to work and back (live right off the 12th St station and work is near the Sycamore St station), and selling my car. Neighborhood is walkable and light rail and buses can get me almost anywhere I need to go.

It is night and day awesome compared to the bedroom community I grew up in back in New York. There were no sidewalks anywhere in town, just one bus line that went to the city, and no rail. Needed a car to get anywhere. And always had to go to the city to do anything fun, which meant getting rides from the parents

Old 11-15-2017, 06:25 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,732,780 times
Absolutely! Moved from the Midwest to sunny Florida and I love it!! I hate being cold and I really hated that it seemed from Nov to Mar it is COLD, gray cloudy skies and dead trees, grass. No thank!! I know many people really like fall but I personally always disliked it- spring & summer for me. Life is too short to be miserable 6 months out of the year, move where your body & soul yearns.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:53 AM

4,716 posts, read 2,578,914 times
Quote:
Did you use weather to change your life by moving?
yep..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather